I fancy a girl at work, I am afraid to ask her out.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tanner9

I fancy a girl at work and I try to ask her out but I am afraid of rejection. My feelings for her are starting to get stronger and I am now mildly depressed that someone else might take her (she may already have someone as well). I wouldn't say I am Brad Pitt, but I am your average Joe. The other thing is that I am Asian and she is White and sometimes people don't like to mix. I would appreciate any tips, experiences.

u need to know if she's single, if she isn't ur proposition most likely will be rejected .... :(
Asian meaning what country exactly?

You might want to consider the consequences if you are rejected or even if it works out; dating people you know in the workplace can lead to long-term problems. Imagine going to work day in and day out with someone who's told you that you're not worth her time of the day.

Oh I had that with a girl that I liked that worked at a garage. I eventually plucked up the courage and asked then discovered that she was marred lol I felt like a right twit but was glad I asked. At least I now know :)

If your to shy to ask her then why not right a latter to her? could be an idea. Even if shes not interested its still going to make her feel good. I mean who doesnt like the thought of someone fancing them. Its like the biggest complement anyone can give anyone.

Go ask her and make her day,, and most importantly do it with a big smile on your face :D Whats the worst that can happen. You get knocked back and then you know where you stand.. are you may even end up with a girlfriend. You have nothing to loss and everything to gain. Good luck man and let us all know how you did ;)

Well yes, do what the others said, find out if she is single first, and if she is then GO FOR IT! Don't hold back. I have wasted to many opportunities in my life due to shyness and not having ther courage, so I try to jump at every opportunity I get now.:p Not just in my love life but other things too. What is the worse thing that will happen to you if your rejected? Deppression? Well that can be dealt with. Just try to be positive, don't put any hurdles like the racial thing in front of you, and have a go.

I know this is really hard to do, it was for me, but just ask her if she wants to go out for coffee sometime. Nothing special, keep it casual, you're not asking her to go steady, just a simple friendly get together; "friend" being the key word. Just let her know you're interested. Even if she turns you down, which she may do, she will be flattered that you complimented her by asking, and she won't be mean to you about it. 99 percent of women just aren't like that. Just show them respect. Let me tell you a quick story about the one time I asked a girl out:

There was this girl where I worked and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I cried nights, wishing she were my girlfriend. Hoping she could take away my loneliness and give me a life. So I finally got up the courage, thanks to a little push from my therapist, and suggested to her that we go see a movie. She was a little uncomfortable and suddenly appeared more nervous than I was! I told her she could give me her number. She said she would, but I knew from her facial expression that she wouldn't. I was right. Essentially, she turned me down. But, she wasn't mean. We don't work together anymore, but occasionally I'll see her. And we still talk and are friendly together. Nothing is weird.

So man, I'd say just go for it. Nothing is worse than letting this infatuation eat you up inside. Good Luck friend.

If it's any solace, I'm 3/4 Indian and all of my cousins who have gotten married so far have married white men/women. It's not as much of a taboo as some of us were raised to believe. I mean, sure, there are people out there who may not prefer to date interracially. But what the hell, give it a go! She may fancy the "exoticness" (if that's a word). Are you guys friends or have you never spoken to her?

its gonna be hard the first time u do it, but hey , WHAT IS EASY FOR THE FIRST TIME ? U get my drift, doing stuff for the first time is hard, but after uve done it, it gets easier and plus u develop this feeling of satisfaction and achievment. Doing this will be 1 step for you closer to a lonelyness-free life.

Good luck dude

Bluey said:
Oh I had that with a girl that I liked that worked at a garage. I eventually plucked up the courage and asked then discovered that she was marred lol I felt like a right twit but was glad I asked. At least I now know :)

If your to shy to ask her then why not right a latter to her? could be an idea. Even if shes not interested its still going to make her feel good. I mean who doesnt like the thought of someone fancing them. Its like the biggest complement anyone can give anyone.

Go ask her and make her day,, and most importantly do it with a big smile on your face :D Whats the worst that can happen. You get knocked back and then you know where you stand.. are you may even end up with a girlfriend. You have nothing to loss and everything to gain. Good luck man and let us all know how you did ;)

That amazing Bluey, I never thought of writing anyone a letter of course I never gotten too close to a girl yet. I don't know about you but I have had some bad experience with girls in the past, so it a little tough.

To the OP, you gotta go for it man. Make Asian guy like us proud mate! You have so much more to gain than lose, and hell even if she reject you, you'll still feel good about yourself knowing that it took guts and courage, and someday you can look at it and be proud of yourself. Though I'm sure most white girl don't mind dating an Asian guy, it just your belief that they don't and all the media BS, not to mention my own experience of hardly ever seeing an Asian male/ White female couple often may lead to some inferiority. But it really all in your head mate, the saying goes "if you don't open up and ask a girl out" well I think you know the following result don't you. Well all I can say is I wish someday I am in your shoe, well come September anyway and best of luck.

And if I were in your shoe, I wouldn't even think twice.

PM me if you want to talk and stuff

Cheer! ;)

Latest posts

Back