I feel like crap

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something similar happpened to me, a "good" friend that i've known for several years and help out a lot just stopped keeping contact.
He lives about 100 km away from me (around 60 miles) but that's never been a problem, I like to drive in my car and never made a problem to drive there.

He just didn't bother anymore to visiting or agree on a time that I could go to him. He didn't delete me on facebook or anything, and when I chat with him(if he has the "time" to talk) he pretends there is nothing wrong, but it's obvious that you don't care anymore about a friend when you don't bother to meet sometime in 6 months while before we visited at least a few times a month.
I know I didn't do anything wrong, I just feel stupid for all the time I've wasted on people like this. To me it doesn't matter anymore, but It's just a shame I lost a friend that I thought was a real friend that wouldn't let me down. If he wants that back sometime, it'll be up to him to fix the cracks.

Anyway, we can't know what people are worth our time, we can only try to be good friends and hope for the best.
Someone that doesn't bother to respect a friend isn't worth your time, There are no excuses to let a good friend down.
People do deserve a 2nd chance or even a 3rd and 4th, but after a time you need to realize it when people are abusing your good will and loyalty.

I have no idea why he would end the friendship, Mikey. Sometimes there is no answer.

The best thing to do is to roll with it. Find new friends, and build a new social life.

It's the worst when he says he hates you and wants nothing to do with you ever. And move on cause he did. He also told me. To find something better to do then text him

Mikey193 said:
It's the worst when he says he hates you and wants nothing to do with you ever. And move on cause he did. He also told me. To find something better to do then text him

I now it's hard when you have nobody else, but if he says stuff like that, then you need to forget him, he isn't worth your time.
You never know when you meet new people that are potential friends. And it's better to put time in a potential friendship than to waste time on someone that doesn't appreciate your efforts.

One of the few good friends I have, became a friend when I was 25 or 26 and now (i'm turning 30 this year) he is a good friend that is there for me when I need help.

My own sister and brother-in-law became people like you describe too, I've done a lot for them over many years, and they just refuse to keep contact, At 1st it bothered me a lot and I was angry about it, but now I couldn't care less about them.

Try not to think about it all the time. It's not something you have in control or that you can change, and it only drives you crazy if you try to analyze it :(

I left him this text this morning. If you meant everything you said that's good I did something right to piss you off for 2 months. But if you actually took me as a friend and care just a little. I think we should fix this. Cause a friend is not worth losing over nothing. All is forgiven on this side. Just do what you feel is right okay

Latest posts

Back