I feel like giving up.. not even sure what to do anymore...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrolak

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I've been really lonely these past few months and it's because no matter what I do, I can't even get a date, it's not fear of rejection, I don't mind that, it's just that not having a date to the school dances, the one date you ever even get leaving you the night before, plus getting rejected by 17 different girls over a span of 3 years just takes your toll on you.. There's also this girl that I really do love, I was heartbroken by her and I tried to just forget about that rejection but it hurt the most.. it doesn't help that I see her every day too, and she still talks to me, no matter how many times I've tried to just say screw it I'm moving on, it's no big deal, I'll get better then it'l just go back to being lonely. The thing is I'm not like ugly, mean, introverted, or anything like that, I'm funny, kind, caring, I have great friends, and a wonderful family, it's simply that this is the one thing leaving me empty inside, and it hurts like nothing you can even imagine. I'm not being obsessive over it or anything weird like that, but I just don't know what to even do, I'm thinking of just giving up entirely and learn to accept being lonely. I've written so much poetry about it, written so many rants, I don't know what to do anymore, I'll include some of it in this post..
WARNING SOME PROFANITY AHEAD!
Rant 1:
******* HELL! This feeling is horrendus, I can hardly describe the rushing torrent of emotions surging through me right now. I just realized that the one time, a few minutes may it have been, that i was happy with a girl, that I really enjoyed myself and forgot about everything else was a ******* lie! Looking into her eyes, being forgeting everything else, slowly dancing to the music, all a lie. All fake, the one thing I had to be happy of, to be proud of, to say yes, world, I have been happy with a girl, it IS possible, whatever is left if my shriveled ego is practically ******* dead now. All a ******* lie. I just don't know what to do, why am I so god forsaken lonely like this, everything else is great. The one thing I want I cannot have, the ONE THING, I would give up everything else just to live happily with a nice girl, I would give up all my money, possesions, to have a girl who i like and who accepts me for who I am, that is the one thing i truely want. All the tears pouring out from my eyes now, a final release, but still my heart aches, for the thing that eludes me still. I would give up absolutely everything for this, but nay, nay! Fate has seen fit to otherwise **** me to this personal hell that I living in, day after day I must toil in torment and wallow in my lonelieness. Pouring my heart out into these words has done something, but not much, however it has allieviated some of the pain for now, we'll see how long it stems the tide.

Rant 2: The lonelieness sets in my heart, my soul screams out in agony and torment as it's slowly wretched from it's bonds. Screaming and wreathing and clutching onto the last shreds of hope it still has, it finally looses it's thrall and sinks into the darkness forevermore. Laying there in the darkest depths, in total pain and complete distress it cries out for help, for a light, however to no avail, the fruits of it's efforts go unpayed. I wallow in pitty knowing that I have done nothing to deserve this, that that it shouldn't be so hard, however to matter how much I pry, claw, and try it never bears any fruit, no matter how passive I am no good ever comes. All that I want is this one simple thing, all that I need is this one thing, I would give anything and everything to have it, I would give up all my possessions to be with somebody, somebody who loves me. Why, why is it held in front of my face every day , so close yet so far. She's in my daily activities, I cannot escape my ever burning desire for a companion, no matter how much I try to put out the fire, the embers glow on forevermore. In my darkest hour I am left here alone, doubting myself, wonder what is so wrong with me that I cannot even get a single chance, pondering this question that pulls and tugs at my soul, relentlessly driving me mad slowly.

Poem 1:

Those eye’s
They search the room,
deep pools of brown
That put you into a trance
They are beautiful

Those eyes,
can swallow you whole
or make you bubble up with joy
They are stunning

Those eyes,
are the window into a soul,
one that is funny, beautiful, joyful, loving, and playful
They are angelic

Those eyes,
They put you into a stupor,
brown circles of beauty
they can knock you down and lift your soul up
They are magnificent

Her Eyes

And that's it for now, any thoughts would be great, thanks guys! BTW: no I'm not suicidal or anything like that!

*hugs adrolak*

I'm sorry man being single sucks I know

It's good that you go out on a limb and ask out girls, muc props to you :)

The media puts a lot of pressure on us to have relationships, in songs movies tv shows books it's hard to get away from it, but there are more single people out there than you would think

I know a lot of cute smart and sweet guys that have been single for quite some time

sometimes we can't just force it it to happen

maybe try focusing more on yourself, dedicate your time to hobbies, learn a new skill or instrument

( chicks loves guitar guys,... although not so much guitar chicks :(, stupid guitar guys...... jk, sorry side tangent)

I have the same problem too, lamenting over my singleness, but sometimes you have to look at the other aspects of your life, are you warm with food and an internet connection, life ain't so bad with an internet connection, maybe at the least do you have a family or a good job

also remember confidence is sexy

but good luck my fellow quester may your journey but be victorious and filled with booty ( lol pun intended)

and if you succeed on this quest my fellow breathern see if she perhaps has a cute bi-curious sister

XD

*hugs*

I also really liked the poem too it's very well written

kuods

:)

Thanks so much man, your words are comforting, and a good pun was even thrown in there :D ! lol Yeah I have a great family, and it's wonderful when I'm working on my hobbies, it's good when I can keep myself occupied and busy!

From what you mentioned it sounds like you're young, so don't let it get to you. Hard not to I know, but evanescencefan91 hit it on the nail there. Like you said you have good firends and family so focus on that, forget about having a girlfriend/date for now since it seems to be giving you so much grief. Who knows, maybe if you stop looking or wanting it so much it just might come to you out of nowhere.

Yeah I know.. I've done that and that's what I'm doing now, it's just that it keeps coming back and tugging at me and it gets really annoying.. but it's absolutely easier by tenfold because I have family and friends to focus on.

EDIT: That's what I've been doing for a while now.. nothing good has happened, but at least I havn't been rejected/let down/ect recently because of it :D =\

Well, here I am replying to my own thread once more.. I was just forced to face a personal demon, it was not fun, and if anything it just made things worse, having the dark realization that all of this grief and stress has made me say somethings lately that I have now come to regret.

Huh, well you might as well move this to the journal section, as even though I'm getting no replies I might as well keep posting.. I met this really nice girl yesterday who seems interested in me, but I'm not sure, we got off good together but I'm not sure, I just don't know how I'd take yet another rejection.. I'm just tired of these mind games ******* with me. Plus, she lives across the state, even though mine is incredibly small.. and I wouldn't see her all that often. But I am glad I did receive some hope, I was starting to become complacent and fine with being lonely and having no hope, but I'm also upset with this hope because it just isn't sure edit: I just thought about it some more, and I also figured out that I'm not afraid of rejection, but the idea of loosing this little bit of hope, and sinking back into loneliness.. thoughts?

Adrolak said:
.......... I met this really nice girl yesterday who seems interested in me, but I'm not sure, we got off good together but I'm not sure, I just don't know how I'd take yet another rejection..........

Those who take no risks, do not get the prize. Yeah, you might get rejected, but you might not.

Adrolak said:
Plus, she lives across the state, even though mine is incredibly small.. and I wouldn't see her all that often.

Dude....I'm from the great Republic of Texas. Just the other day I drove across my state. 11 hours. How far across yours is it? Its doable.

Adrolak said:
............. but I'm also upset with this hope because it just isn't sure

That's why its called hope and not "sure thing"

Adrolak said:
edit: I just thought about it some more, and I also figured out that I'm not afraid of rejection, but the idea of loosing this little bit of hope, and sinking back into loneliness.. thoughts?

If this don't work out, its not the end. Keep on going in spite of anything. Cause when you stop trying, that's when the heart dies.

Wow, man 11 hours is quite the drive, mines is about 45 minutes to an hour and a half across the state >.> I see your point!

Well, like I said, can a mod maybe move this to the journal/personal experience section? Nobodies replying, but I'm still going to keep posting. For whoever the hell might care out there.. well I asked her out.. and it was a no :( meh, I can't let it bother me though, it was just another rejection. At least now I know all of my options are exhausted, and I don't have to fear rejection anymore because now there's nobody to be rejected by :D =\ =( that was the most half asses excuse I've ever come up with.

10 out of 13 replies are me! haha like I said, this is just kinda turning to a log of events now.

Been a while since I update this. Hmm.. I'm gonna feel bad going to my grandmothers for christmas this year because I know she loves me to death and everything, she's awesome. But everytime I see her, she asks if I have a girlfriend, and everytime I say no, she get's all patronizing with the usual "they're just a pain, don't bother with girls. " ect type thing, and gets kind of disappointed.

Hey guys it's been a long time since I've posted because my computer has been broken lately, but yeah.. umm. well I re-read evanesancefans post and it made me think, I've found inspirations lately and I'm making a positive change, I'm learning piano again, along with guitar, and I''m learning 3d digital art in autocad once more, all of which were endeavors I'd given up on long ago! I can be perfectly happy alone, thanks so much guys! Seriously!

The lonelieness sets in my heart, my soul screams out in agony and torment as it's slowly wretched from it's bonds. Screaming and wreathing and clutching onto the last shreds of hope it still has, it finally looses it's thrall and sinks into the darkness forevermore. Laying there in the darkest depths, in total pain and complete distress it cries out for help, for a light, however to no avail, the fruits of it's efforts go unpayed.

...You'd best be trollin'.

Still no new changes.. still the same as before. except I got rejected again. that makes i don't really even care how many times now. =\

Latest posts

Back