I feel upset and alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

I stayed in the house all day today, there's not really anywhere to go or anyone to see. I bottle everything inside by default, but I feel so sad. I feel like everything is out of my hands. The world has passed me by for three years. I really have no life and I don't know what to do any more.

im right there with you feeling the same way right now. for me its been like 8 years though. i have no real "best" friends left and no girlfriend and never have. dont know what to do with myself. but being left this way has me completely unmotivated to do or care about anything.

No room to stay , no road to walk , noone to hold , no point , no-life. I look around and ask myself: what the hell am I doing here? Working all day with no ******* porpuse.

'bout time to go.

*hugs for all the upset and alone people*

Things will get better. I think it's a matter of re-finding your self worth and putting yourself out there a bit more. It's hard to find friends and it's hard to find love. But if you get anti-social and hide from the world, you might miss out on many chances that come up. It's tough to pick yourself up and keep going, but it's worth it in the long run.

Hey man, I feel ya. I had the day off today. You know what I did? I didn't shower until 8 tonight, then walked over to the grocery store for supplies and walked back. And the kicker is that next to the grocery store is a bar that a lot of people from my school go to on Tuesday nights for the drink specials. I couldn't be sure that anyone would "want" me there, so I don't go unless someone specifically mentions it... which happened once.

I just gotta keep my eyes on the prize and power through this...

troubled said:
I stayed in the house all day today, there's not really anywhere to go or anyone to see. I bottle everything inside by default, but I feel so sad. I feel like everything is out of my hands. The world has passed me by for three years. I really have no life and I don't know what to do any more.

Are you in university? Do you work?

I think you should start with a little exercise outside. A long walk or a jog. This clears your mind sooooooo much.

Just a suggestion.

-M

I used to feel like that for years from 1999 to 2001. Since 2001 i can't be like that anymore, because i try to stay active instead of passive and solve the problem of loneliness, by joining social activities and by doing things at home, like creating a historical atlas for Wikipedia. Last two years have been tough, and so it is hard to arrange things despite trying to stay active, so that is why i ended up here. You can join a choir or play football or whatever.

I'm the same. I know the pain. What works for me is to talking and I don't mean to a doctor but casual conversation. I don't know if you have anyone to converse with. If I don't have any friends at hand If you have relatives that might work. It might not solve the problem long term but It helps me forget. I don't know about hobbies but if you have an activity you like that keeps you busy. I use video games to take the edge off. I don't know if my advise will be of any use to you but it works for me.

Haven said:
I'm the same. I know the pain. What works for me is to talking and I don't mean to a doctor but casual conversation. I don't know if you have anyone to converse with. If I don't have any friends at hand If you have relatives that might work. It might not solve the problem long term but It helps me forget. I don't know about hobbies but if you have an activity you like that keeps you busy. I use video games to take the edge off. I don't know if my advise will be of any use to you but it works for me.

Activities don't need help with loneliness, they are only to distract you alittlebit, then everything might getting worse.

Loneliness/apathy can be cured only by other people, simple ha ? all you need is to find the ones that will trigger something in you. whats more funny is that it maybe not someone you knew and trust long enough. to know people you can go to some places that you never been before, but remember that the main reason aren't activities(why i wrote earlier) but meeting new people and talk to them.

troubled said:
I was meant to attend an appointment today but I turned around because I felt too anxious / gross...

Yes, I know that feeling. Yesterday, I had to attend an expo thing with some people I knew ... took every ounce of effort to go there. Tremendous anxiety, and I was on the verge of calling it off. But I didn't, thankfully, and had a reasonably good day out, despite a gruelling train journey home.

As Sunweb wrote, it's a problem than can only be really cured by other people - and I think there's much to be said for that. Trouble is, when you start going out and meeting other people - via clubs, activites, work etc - it can be very difficult. At the beginning, there's a distinct feeling of being the 'outsider' of the group. But then, everyone starts as being a bit of an outsider when it comes to these things, don't they? But I reckon it's worthwhile, in that I can't think of any other way to get out of this funk. It will take time, however, and a little courage. I'm sure you'll be up to it.

And don't forget, you'll always have us here. It's a pretty good place, all said and done. Strange irony, that the loneliest people should be the nicest, too :) You can take it is a fact that many of us here will be more than willing to offer support and advice, should you need it.

Talking to people was for me a major problem years ago. If i was in a group, i was often silent, and so i didn't make much friends. I am dancing right now with a lot of girls, and they have the tendency of ignoring me, by not responding if i say something. But i don't quit it, otherwise i will be even more alone. I am very melancholic lately, but only around strangers. At home or with friends, i am okay. The boss of the dancing school, a lady, always looks at me angry when i am melancholic. She doesn't like me for it.

Latest posts

Back