I find it hard to be friends with women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
Not so much in an online sense but in the real world. I think there are a few reasons why but mostly I think I'm intimated by them. I guess my point is is this something I should work on or is it ok to feel like this? In the past I've been made to feel like its wrong to have more male than female friends as a woman.

I do better around guys. Women (no offense) are whining little drama queens and quite frankly I can't stand that honeysuckle. lol

I DO have women friends, but for the most part, I'm more comfortable around guys. I've never been a girly type of person, I don't care about fashion or makeup or nails or whatever girls like.

*whiney little drama queen enters the thread*

*prances around whining*

*prance*
*prance*
*prance-prance*

I wish edward cullen was my boyfriend!

IT"S NOT FAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SophiaGrace said:

*prances around whining*

*prance*
*prance*
*prance-prance*

LOL!

SophiaGrace said:

*prances around whining*

*prance*
*prance*
*prance-prance*

OMFG...
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
I love you, Soph (goo)

Callie said:
I do better around guys. Women (no offense) are whining little drama queens and quite frankly I can't stand that honeysuckle. lol

I DO have women friends, but for the most part, I'm more comfortable around guys. I've never been a girly type of person, I don't care about fashion or makeup or nails or whatever girls like.

You see that's what I said and my sister jumped down my throat about how stereotypical it is and stuff!

I mean I have deeper issues but I'm never really going to get on with a girl like that because I don't want to spend hours shopping, watching rom coms, doing my nails and bla bla bla. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

i don't shop.

i dont watch rom coms

i don't do my nails.

you can unstick those pins from your eyes now.

the only time I shop is when I NEED clothes, I get what I want and I leave. Simple as that. Now for like birthdays or Christmas, I'll do all my shopping ONLINE! I hate people, so I ain't going to the stores

SophiaGrace said:
i don't shop.

i dont watch rom coms

i don't do my nails.

you can unstick those pins from your eyes now.

I did say I wouldn't get on with girls like that, not that all girls are like that. However there are plenty that are. I think to be friends you have to like some of the same stuff.

Callie said:
the only time I shop is when I NEED clothes, I get what I want and I leave. Simple as that. Now for like birthdays or Christmas, I'll do all my shopping ONLINE! I hate people, so I ain't going to the stores

Yeah I shop mostly online too. I hate clothes shops but that's another issue!

I have a hard time being JUST friends with women.

I seem to always be flirting with them and considering the possibility (however remote) that we could hook up. :p

I don't watch sports or like to party so I don't get along with nearly anyone in my age group that I would ever run into if I was social, especially guys.

I get along great with every other demographic though. Me and children have that same spiteful curiosity that gets us in trouble all the time. Anyone as or more mature than myself don't let as much effect us and are generally more calm and open-minded.

But it's actually not an uncommon phenomena for a girl to get along better with men. You may have grown up in a male oriented environment and can relate on some level or you can stop reading my ramblings and consult an expert.... >.>

Badjedidude said:
I have a hard time being JUST friends with women.

I seem to always be flirting with them and considering the possibility (however remote) that we could hook up. :p

Yeah that's the danger. I've probably missed out on some really good friendships by dating the guys in question. My last man in particular. He had "perfect best mate" written all over him but we ended up meeting and being an item and now he's gone for good. Such a shame.

FunkyBuddha said:
But it's actually not an uncommon phenomena for a girl to get along better with men. You may have grown up in a male oriented environment and can relate on some level or you can stop reading my ramblings and consult an expert.... >.>

This is an interesting point actually. Though I wouldn't say it was male orientated as I grew up with my mum, dad and sister and saw loads of my gran my dads probably had the biggest impact on my life. Has the biggest personality. I love Motown because of him, love old British sports cars because of him and so on. I'm much happier chatting with him than my sister or mum.

Twilight was brought up...this is my opinion on it:

[video=youtube]

:D

You know, this is weird but as a guy I find girls are more openly friendly, guys are kind of full of self-posturing crap :rolleyes:

Of course, not always the case, but just in my typical experiences anyway.

Perhaps being a girl makes it more awkward to interact with girls, just as I find being a guy makes it moreso with guys? I'm not sure. In some ways it's easier, in others it's harder.

annik said:
Yeah that's the danger. I've probably missed out on some really good friendships by dating the guys in question. My last man in particular. He had "perfect best mate" written all over him but we ended up meeting and being an item and now he's gone for good. Such a shame.

Yup.

I'm usually able to hold onto friendship with women and not take it to a higher level, but there's always that underlying sexual tension.

easier to be friends with guys for me, but to be honest I just... don't run into a ton of women. Weird...

I struggle with relationships with girls/women too. I just find that I'm not like them and so...don't fit? I tend to be closer to males but then as someone higher up said, when you feel down it adds that question of 'COuld this be more?' sometimes....And that destroys a friendship.

It's so hard nowadays to be friends with people though.You get given these ideal best friend images from crap like Sex and the City, but people aren't LIKE that in real life. So we feel worse because we don't fit in like these happy clappy perfect friends. Stupid.

annik said:
Not so much in an online sense but in the real world. I think there are a few reasons why but mostly I think I'm intimated by them. I guess my point is is this something I should work on or is it ok to feel like this? In the past I've been made to feel like its wrong to have more male than female friends as a woman.

I think you are fine. I'm the same way I have more guy friends than girl friends and I think that our friends should reflect who we are. If you tend to get along better with guys and the friends you have chosen bring out the 'you' you like to be... than that's all that really matters anyway. When I was younger my parents thought it was really weird that me being a girl only had a few close girlfriends but A LOT of guy friends. As I've got older I haven't regretted my decision at all because my guy friends have turned out to be the true & loyal friends and I'd much rather have those kind of friends rather that a lot of girlfriends (just to have them).

I could understand the feeling of having it hard to be friends with girls, and yes, I think it has something to do with not being able to know how to carry or settle yourself being friends with another girl. At least that's how it is for me. Men on the other hand, are easy go lucky, most of the time, and flirting apart, it's easy to position yourself as friends with a guy, cos mostly you can share what they find hard to figure out, women's emotions. When they have girl troubles, you can easily give them advice, compared to giving a girl having guy troubles advice, if that make sense. I guess there's just the mystery of a woman and a man's chemistry, even purely platonic.

Nevertheless, I don't believe that it's cos girls are whiny, annoying, girly girly bitches with all the worse derogatory names you can call a girl. Even the most boyish girl has her girly side. Even lesbians. We can't deny that biologically, we are women and that our emotions are more inclined to the feelings women often feel. Even if we don't speak of it or share a type of friendship that we like, we'll always be able to relate to the same feelings we generally go through, as women.

Most of my friends are girls or gays or lesbians and we don't go shopping and do girly stuff. We're the most plain looking bunch you could ever see of a group. We don't usually talk about how we were flirting with this guy and how we hate this girl, but we just talk about stuff we share in common like movies, songs, food, or life in general. I could also do that to a guy friend that I have. I don't know how to explain it, but when you're really friends with someone, you don't always think what age/gender/orientation/faith that person belongs to and I find that really amazing. To share a relationship that's purely friendship.

I don't think it's a problem to have more guy friends just as long as you also give girls a chance to be your friend and get to know them beyond the girly exterior they may have and learn how to deal with the intimidating feeling you have with them. After all, when you get those heavy days, a girl friend will be the one to lend you her extra pad (hehe)

I have often talked to girls that have the same sentiments as some of you girls here, that girls are too catty.

Latest posts

Back