I got asked to lunch by a woman and I said 'no'

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limlim said:
Fair enough lol

I'm going to totally go to the frozen food isle now and start breathing heavily around women there, :D

Careful though, those frozen turkeys make a decent weapon.

beans said:
LOL have you tried that? I hardly ever see any single folks at the grocery store. Always married couples with family or senior citizens. lol

It's because you single guys apparently go at the wrong time. I recall a few weeks ago when I had insomnia I went to the store at 3:30 and the place was thick with 20-something frat-rats. Usually when I go, it's all moms with their ungrateful kids or if it's after work, it's harried working moms trying to get something to slap on the table within an hour. lol

lovelace said:
putter65 said:
Today this co worker asked me to lunch. I turned her down saying I was busy. She wanted to go after work at 3pm. I wasn't lying, I promised my Mother I would help her with her Television.

The woman went on and on about it though and I finally told her 'we could go some other time'

The woman is very flirty and at times it's obvious she is interested. I have no real interest in her, she's nice enough to work with but that's it. I know about 20 other women I would rather have lunch with than her. I suppose that's a bit rotten to say that.

I guess I am a bit of a loner and prefer my own company and unless it's somebody who I really like, I won't make the effort to socialize more.

And what was the point of this post? To tell us how you prefer to be alone.

Just a bit of gossip, some people seem to be interested.

LonelyInAtl said:
If a woman asked me out I think I'd have a heart attack.

a coffee isn't a proper date though. (not when the woman is engaged to somebody else)

Better than nothing I suppose.

Been asked for coffee's twice this week !

MissGuided said:
putter65 said:
Been asked for coffee's twice this week !

That's great! I presume you accepted these offers?

Yes and then she said she couldn't make it.
Next week now.

The other one never got back to me when I told her to text me with details.

I guess I am a bit of a loner and prefer my own company and unless it's somebody who I really like, I won't make the effort to socialize more.

makes sense to me. even we loners have the right to dictate who we spend our precious energy on

jayme89 said:

makes sense to me. even we loners have the right to dictate who we spend our precious energy on

I used to decline many lunch invitations from guys that chased me, because i just don't feel comfort with them.

my view i wouldn't date anyone i work with it would make feel uncomfortable also i wouldnt want to go to lunch with someone i didnt really like,there's nothing worse than being out with some one you dont want to be with it makes you feel trapped,also well done on not leading this woman on,if you had gone to lunch with woman then she'd would want to do it again.

Latest posts

Back