I ******* hate my parents.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breadbasket

Reaction score
I let my mother use my laptop to run Microsoft Excel. And it runs slow, so she blames it on me. I try to help her, in every way, to run her orchid business.

When I told her that, "Sorry, this computer is a little to old, Newer software needs upgraded hardware." It took well over a minute for the thing to load. But meanwhile, my mom kept asking me, "What is upgraded," and I told her, "Upgraded is a newer computer-". She interrupts me, "What is upgraded!" she exclaims loudly. "An Upgraded computer is with higher perf-". "Mom! There are many models in the market that can easily run this pr-" "WHAT IS UPGRADED!?!?" "I JUST ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION."

By then, I was pretty annoyed by my mother. Asking the same question over and over. With a smile, that agitates me. And it was getting ******* annoying. A smile, while she keeps asking the same question over and over again. "What is upgraded what is upgraded what is upgraded what is upgraded what is upgraded."

"UP GRADED..." I raised my voice over my mothers. "Upgraded is when you throw away this computer... and buy a new one." And my mom, decides to act like a *****, "Why did you raise your voice?"
She was bombarding me with the same question over and over again, while I answer it repeatedly. And she wonders, why, why I raised my voice.

And by then I was remarkably pissed, then turned terrified, as my dad came in. He got mad at me for raising my voice. Well I would tell him, but he would just tell me, to shut up. About how disrespectful I am, for answering her question. About how much I was a piece of honeysuckle, despite how far I went. How descent I made myself to be. He said, that I am no longer allowed to talk for being such a rebellious honeysuckle head I have became.

Hey Breadbasket I am sorry you are having a rough time with your parents. It can be really frustrating when out of no where things blow up like that. Especially when it is over something rather trivial like a computer issue. Hang in there, as they say "This to shall pass", Try not to take in personally maybe she was just extra cranky, it happens. Good luck man, take care.

Um, the Bible says "Do not DESPISE your mother when she is old'. That is very good advice. And, many of us here have lost our parents. So, at some point you will too. If you think you will be better off without these people in your life, you won't.
As for this, her experiences in life are not your experiences and vice versa. To some people a computer is a completely foreign, alien thing that they have no concept of nor do they ever want to have any concept of it. And, you probably have no concept of swing music or whatever she likes. My advice, be patient. Understand that she doesn't understand. Maybe she doesn't even WANT to understand it but that is OK.

It sounds pretty annoying, but I wouldn't say it's a reason to hate your parents, I think that's the anger talking there.

breadbasket said:
By then, I was pretty annoyed by my mother. Asking the same question over and over. With a smile, that agitates me. And it was getting ******* annoying. A smile, while she keeps asking the same question over and over again. "What is upgraded what is upgraded what is upgraded what is upgraded what is upgraded."

From how this sounds it's like she's doing it on purpose, you need to try and have more patience and not react like you do because for someone who is doing it on purpose they'll soon get bored if there's no reaction. Maybe she doesn't think it's effecting you like it is, try explaining to her how she's making you feel.

My Mother is the same way about computers. She can't even work the mouse. She annoys the hell out of me too sometimes. But now there's this thing in my own life, and it's called teenagers :) My Mom has always told me, "One of these days you'll have children of your own-you just wait. Every rotten thing you've ever done to me little girl, you're gonna get it back ten-fold." Oh my god was she right. I'm getting mine right now. Every lie I told, every bad grade, every single time I drug all my friends into the house and overran her in her own home, every boyfriend drama, etc. Yeah I'm getting my just rewards :) She always told me "Someday you'll see when you have your own kids". And I do see. Now when I tell her about something my kids have done to cause me some type of grief she just smiles a little too large in this knowing way and I hang my head in defeat because I know without her saying a word just what she's thinking!

Thank you sooo much for wasting my time even reading this... But at least now I understand why some species eat their young. At least it made me so grateful I am not you, having to go through such a horrible ordeal....

But I think I would like your dad, mine told me they would never find my body.

BTW, WHO paid for the laptop? Just saying.

Yeah, i think being annoyed at someone and claiming to "fing HATE them" is a quite melodramatic. I mean, really? Come on. Do your parents love you or mean you ill will? Think about it.

I had a similar problem with mine way way back. I found the solution was to answer once and once only. Then refuse to repeat myself or answer innocently "oh I thought I told you already" like a robot each time.

Easy guys, don't you remember what it was like to be a teenager? I don't know a kid who didn't think this at one time over something absolutely stupid and not worth it. It's a kid thing. My point was, yes I understand parents can be annoying, but someday you just might be in their shoes. Maybe it's that I have kids in the "teenage angst" section of life right now, but I think if you can't relate to them you've forgotten what it was like to be that age. Hormones, attitude, body changing-all that going on. Trying to figure out where you fit in in the grand scheme of high school or college, etc. It's sensory overload at times. And nagging parents can be as trying as teenagers can be petulant sh*theads. I'm 35 and my Mom still nags me to death about everything she wants to change about me. Can no one relate to this mysterious phenomenon? :) Where there is a parent, there is a child who will butt heads over everything in an attempt to be their own person.

Lady Gaga Snerd said:
BTW, WHO paid for the laptop? Just saying.

Yeah, i think being annoyed at someone and claiming to "fing HATE them" is a quite melodramatic. I mean, really? Come on. Do your parents love you or mean you ill will? Think about it.

For this overpriced laptop, they did. Several years ago. This laptop was found in a storage cabinet. It's not my fault they paid the price of a Gaming PC for a netbook performance. Okay, I did go on edge there. But I find it really annoying when that happens. Yes they are stressed out at work, with the honeysuckle they get from coworkers and their boss. And I do care, they are good parents. But ******* hell, my mom really annoyed the hell out of me. And my dad getting pissed off at me, for having to raise my voice at her.

I look to be very nice to her. I'm very nice to my parents. I even massage them at night. But this little moment was enraging for me. I am raised up properly, but I do not give two flying fucks about any of the above when this happens. I don't call it straightening out some one, or training, or loving them, I call it being an ass hat. Intentionally being a broken record, repeating the same question over and over again, while getting louder and louder while I repeatedly answer the question is ******* annoying, while I try to solve the issue with this over priced lap top. I needed her to be quiet, I pleaded her. She wont shut up. I raised my voice, and of all, that it wasn't the broken record my dad was mad at, it was me. How the fresia could he not even hear my mom being obnoxious.

Then he compares me to those punks who do drugs, and have no life. Yes, like me. Regardless of how kind I am to them, the many achievements I have and what little awards I had, which was.... none. I asked for nothing, hell they don't even know my own birthday. When my baby brother does drugs and ends up in the hospital, I wont be there.

Well a lot of our own personal problems are what we say to ourselves in our brain. Thinking oh mom is having trouble getting this . Or saying to yourself she is being a bit annoying will elicit a far different response from you than saying to yourself you Fing hate them.
And if you find yourself acting like an asshat then you are giving yourself permission to act that way. You know you are better than that so just don't go there.

Alienated said:
Here this might bring you a little comfort, knowing you parents are NOT cruel animals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/13/baby-elephant-cries_n_3920685.html

You know, I don't really hate my parents, but many times they put me on edge. They really do enjoy downplaying me. Do I feel any better? No I don't. I read about the Civil War, I don't feel any better. I read about World War 2, I don't feel any better. I read about concentration camps, I don't care. Third World Country? no. If you take anyone, from any time, and put them in a similar situation of annoying people, then annoying person being put as victim, that doesn't make a single difference, It's just annoying. I don't want, justice. I want, quiet.

The only ones who would not react to this situation, are people who are deaf. And yes, I need to be in perspective, I am. Well, get run over a by a truck, and being happy about it is being in perspective. Because It's not being ran over by a tank. How does that work, doesn't matter they're both dead anyhow.

How is not understanding that computer issue downplaying you. And other people cannot " put you on edge". That is just the excuse you tell yourself to try justify your response. Sorry you are responsible to control you period. Whether they are annoying or not isn't an issue. You can't control them you only control your response to them. Btw do you live with them? How old are you?

Lady Gaga Snerd said:
How is not understanding that computer issue downplaying you. And other people cannot " put you on edge". That is just the excuse you tell yourself to try justify your response. Sorry you are responsible to control you period. Whether they are annoying or not isn't an issue. You can't control them you only control your response to them. Btw do you live with them? How old are you?

Well you're right... might as well give up my dreams and die. I am after all, a piece of honeysuckle. Established that years ago. Walk by other people, "I'm a piece of honeysuckle," my motto. I'm 17 and getting high of my own hormones and bodily fluids.

What are you talking about? You have your whole life ahead of you. My point is that your parents love you even if you think they don't. There is much good in the world. Focus on the good and use your talents. You have them but maybe you don't have a direction yet. My son is 17 too. You can have the life you want.

Lady Gaga Snerd said:
What are you talking about? You have your whole life ahead of you. My point is that your parents love you even if you think they don't. There is much good in the world. Focus on the good and use your talents. You have them but maybe you don't have a direction yet. My son is 17 too. You can have the life you want.

Well, that makes me feel better. You're right, they do love me, and there is much good in the world. Seems we only think about bad things. Though at that point I dont want to get into any further what makes me such a miserable person.

Well look. My son goes through days where my mere presence is annoying to him. Last week I asked him why he was being so pissy. He said just had days where the world annoys him. I get it. But I just reminded him that we are the people on this planet who have his back. He knows it but of course you will have days like at 17. So my advice is just cut your parents and yourself some slack. We are all imperfect people.

If you only want quite ? Maybe this will help then....

It's better for others to think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it !!

And Even a fool seems wise, if he keeps his lips sealed.

All I am saying... is if you didn't want feed back !! Put it as a rant in the frustration or Diary section, not where you will get advice in the relationship section. Where you say "You don't want justice ??"

Well in a court of law..

The first to present his case seems right, till another steps up and questions him.

You presented your case, and don't like being cross examined... well, maybe you ought to rethink your approach.

Latest posts

Back