I hate people that go on about how they consider their friends to be "family"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I've had close friends, but none that I would consider to be like family. I drifted apart from most of my friends after high school.

alonewanderer said:
I've got friends that I consider family....like real family, as in I get sick of them after awhile and we sometimes argue but we always stick together through the ups and downs.

Sometimes a fight can last a longgggg time.

It always seems like a better time with new people because everyone is reserved and doesn't have any experience with each other.

Or as I like to say, when you first meet someone, you haven't actually met them, only their representative.

My friends are my family.

BJD.... always here to push those buttons what needs pushin'. :D

Some people do not have a good family; and the idea of having good friends is kind of like having what regular people would have as good family. It is in (former) strangers that i find the greatest feelings of acceptance .

suzy said:
id love to have a group of girl friends like the popular girls at school but something tells me those girls didn't even really like eachother lol still I woudn't mind being apart of that once in my life just for the experience (sorry this msg is a lil off topic)

yep, twas all fake love.

or I call it, exaggerated love.

It's like when you first start dating someone and you feel like it's eternal, give it 2 months and true colors START to show, if they haven't already.

fairweather 'friends' are a dime a dozen. I have been blessed with a few good people through the years. my cousins, though we aren't as close as we were back in the day. I also have one dude who is like a brother, we can talk about most anything.

one good friend is worth a thousand chumps, but it takes two to tango. maybe someone needs you to reach out to them and initiate? you never know, a smile and a kind word can start a great friendship.

My family sure as hell don't ditch me for a new boyfriend.

(that would be weird)

(d)

PurpleDays said:
My family sure as hell don't ditch me for a new boyfriend.

(that would be weird)

(d)

I knew a girl who's boyfriend cheated on her and broke up with her for her mom. She's like in her 30's and he was barely 18. Weird.

Latest posts

Back