I hate the way things are

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyS13

Reaction score
I just wish I can move out of my parents' home. They give me trouble, are super authoritarian, take things out on me, and blame a lot of things on me. I can't find peace at all living in these confines. My life isn't and hasn't been that enjoyable for a long time.

I'm beginning to lose my trust in people, because every time I try to fit in with a group, I eventually get stabbed in the back and left alone for extended periods of time. Am I doing something wrong that is keeping them away? To others, am I too shy and/or introverted to speak and say what i feel? Do I fear losing my friends and screwing up my reputation because of saying the wrong things?

Why is my life continuously going downward? What am I doing wrong?

This might be a silly question- why are you still there if its so unbearable?

Growning in a dysfuntional home can be
very fifficult and effect you....

Your peer might not be understand of you.
No one really wanna hear about negavitive
stuff.

Maybe you can keep a journal, vent on here.,
speak to a conselor., join a support group such
as Ala Teen...ect to express and release your
fustrations. anger and hurt.

Theres nothing wrong with you...
Your just luving through extraordibary situation...

Yes...theres more to life than the BS.
Intuitively you know...you can create and live
a happy joyest life...Dont ever lise site of this.

while it might easier to stay positve and be
positive when outside conditions are to our
liking..
we must maintain positive....
I guess try not to take whatever is happening
around you personal or internalize it.
Dont take it so seriously...its retarded as
you are awear of.

Lonely in BC said:
This might be a silly question- why are you still there if its so unbearable?

I am unable to sustain myself :( Too depressed to have the willpower to get a job that will get me by.

Getting away from your parents might help you a lot I guess.
But if that is not an option, then maybe try finding your own world you know. Music, reading, writing, it would be great if you find something like that.
I noticed emotional scarring is a very huge problem that i see in so many people including myself. Try to feel things you've kept unfelt for so long because they hurt so much, let it all out. This will greatly help you.
I am currently getting very pissed about how people are too, like you I've been stabbed in the back and left alone. I think it maybe has to do mostly with me, emotional scarring might be the problem.
However, I've been noticing things about people recently, maybe 30 minutes ago I posted a thread called "you're all mice!" in Social Problems and what it said was "You're all mice! With little emotional bubbles with which you float around. This is THE social problem. Now, I hope you'll all understand, it will help you understand the insanity around you that pains sometimes."

Yes, the first obvious move is to get out. But none of that "I am unable to sustain myself Too depressed to have the willpower to get a job that will get me by." stuff. There is only one person you will ever be able to rely on, and that's yourself. If you can't rely on yourself, I suggest therapy.
If you do things right, with a part time job at a store, or with any stupid job you can support yourself. The trick is to not think about it, you don't even need to get out at first. Go online, apply to jobs; radioshack, wallmart, blockbusters, MCdonalds... all horrible jobs, but at least it's a job. Don't go in thinking it will be great, it wont, your boss will be a jerk and your co-employees morons, just don't think about it, you are just selling your time in exchange for freedom. While you are at work, use your time to think about yourself, your dreams and ambitions, what type of life you want for yourself, build a plan, how can you get there, then work towrds it, sign up to school do a formation, get your life on track. Assuming you are young, now is the time to build the foundations for a better future. as for the people you meet, worry not, you will meet plenty more, it might take thousands of people before you finally meet someone with who you click, until then, just don't let the same people hurt you twice.

I echo what others said.. do what you can to move out.. if you hate your situation, use the dissatisfaction to fuel strive to improve it.. it is not so easy done as written, but if at least you make effort for it, you move in the right direction, instead to remain no step closer to exit the situation you hate.

Best of luck to you

fox said:
I echo what others said.. do what you can to move out.. if you hate your situation, use the dissatisfaction to fuel strive to improve it.. it is not so easy done as written, but if at least you make effort for it, you move in the right direction, instead to remain no step closer to exit the situation you hate.

Best of luck to you

I guess I'll try.

I think other people have good suggestions. But I know how hard it can be to make that step to move out. I don't get on with my Mum most of the time. She is very money orientated. What I do is simply learn to tolerate her and her mood swings. Moving out might be out of your zone. So in the mean time, try and build up your tolerance levels. If you can become ultimately patient, you can be immune from your parents and anyone else's annoying behavior.

As for your friends, I think you cannot help that. It's other people who have the problems, not you. All you can do is either deal with these people for what they are and try to get on with them anyway, or move on. I personally try to get on with anyone as much as I can. But if they're backstabbers or anything, I am just careful with what I tell them.

Chin up sir! You can do it! I have faith in you, as do the rest of us on here I'm sure ^_^

All advice I could possibly give you can be found in this song:

[video=youtube]

I hate the way things are too

Latest posts

Back