I hate who I am....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Papabear said:
...And who I am makes it difficult to change who I am... =(

It's always difficult to change from who we are, to who we want to be. I mean...look at how long we've been us.

lol, I hope that made sense - it's early.:p

But good luck with those changes dear. :)

EveWasFramed said:
Papabear said:

It's always difficult to change from who we are, to who we want to be. I mean...look at how long we've been us.

lol, I hope that made sense - it's early.:p

But good luck with those changes dear. :)

Eve...he's not that old....:club:

Dear..

Err wtf...you sound like a sunday school teacher..

:p

Papabear said:

I wish I could offer advice, or something uplifting, but I'm in a similar boat. :(

Ironically, the times I do take steps to make what ought to be positive changes in my life, I end up like 5 gigantic steps backward and worse off than I was before. Succumbing to inertia and apathy suddenly looks attractive.

I like Eve's answer actually :)

well I wouldn't change who I am.. i'd change some other people to be like me instead.

whoah. who am I? thats too deep for me. but..

6 months ago i could only make spaghetti bolognese and cereal. since then i have made: lasagne, schnitzels, pancakes, banana cake, fetta salad with home made dressing, stuffed capsicums, tarte tatin (apple pie), baked apple dessert, cheese sauce, roasted veggies, grilled chops and stuff...

..so i was once a shitty cook and now i am... a slightly less shitty cook..hey presto.. CHANGE!

like magic :)

hmm i can relate to alot of what you have said there, it is difficult to change oneself,

but from what i know about you papabear is that you are a friendly and nice guy, you shouldn't hate yopurself and you don't deserve to feel this way
*hugs*
:)

evanescencefan91 said:
hmm i can relate to alot of what you have said there, it is difficult to change oneself,

but from what i know about you papabear is that you are a friendly and nice guy, you shouldn't hate yopurself and you don't deserve to feel this way
*hugs*
:)

Always kind words from this one!

I just know that I don't like parts of who I am. There are parts about me I wish I could change... but I never end up getting there, i get distracted.

It's like trying to quit smoking, i want to quit, i plan to quit, but next thing i know I'm walking out of a convenience store with a fresh pack.

That metaphor actually fits pretty perfectly with how all my failures at change end up happening.

Papabear said:
Always kind words from this one!

I just know that I don't like parts of who I am. There are parts about me I wish I could change... but I never end up getting there, i get distracted.

It's like trying to quit smoking, i want to quit, i plan to quit, but next thing i know I'm walking out of a convenience store with a fresh pack.

That metaphor actually fits pretty perfectly with how all my failures at change end up happening.

you hate who you are, because that part of your self displeases you, yet you still be chained in your own pleasure of attaching to it. so you feel the pain of no way out. just like the "fresh pack" metaphor you mentioned, you want to escape the old habit, it's harmful to you, yet it's also a charming princess to you, but when you see her as a princess, she would draw you into her secret chamber of torture, and reveal to you all her horrible glamors. yes, unless you get rid of old self completely, you'd never enter into a new way of living, and a new day will thus never dawn in your slumber of bewilderment.
so why not make up you mind, and say an everlasting farewell to your old self, and start off a journey of finding your true happy new self. and once you find your desired answer, you'd never post such a thread like this, but with a totally new one, such as, "I hate who i was, but i love who i am." hahaha~~

Attachments

• 704178.jpg
    704178.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 233
Well-intentioned as they are, everyone on here is totally and dangerously WRONG. You mustn't try and change yourself, or you'll end up hating yourself even more. The problem is your ATTITUDE to yourself. If you can change that, then natural and positive change will follow. Put simply: only by learning to love yourself as you are can you become more lovable to others.

Everything in life should happen for a positive reason. Changing yourself because you hate who you are is in no way positive: trying to love yourself more is. Focus on the parts of yourself that you cherish - your values, your memories, the Best Of Papabear. If you concentrate on acting upon those, seeing yourself through them as a lens, then your confidence will increase and you will begin to do lots of positive deeds. For example, if you love that you are generous, why not do charity work?

The other thing is, don't love yourself TOO much ... the world doesn't need another Tom Cruise. - Peace, LB

Latest posts

Back