I have a trick question.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyneco

Reaction score
After 20-something years of a lonely life, you finally start to open up and make efforts to have friends. There's this group of people who don't know your past (i.e., what a loser you used to be) and they're warming up to you. They ask you for your facebook. You don't have one because you've never had any friends close enough to be facebook-friends with, and in spite of everything you're embarrassed about your situation. What do you do?

gyneco said:
After 20-something years of a lonely life, you finally start to open up and make efforts to have friends. There's this group of people who don't know your past (i.e., what a loser you used to be) and they're warming up to you. They ask you for your facebook. You don't have one because you've never had any friends close enough to be facebook-friends with, and in spite of everything you're embarrassed about your situation. What do you do?

Face books a load of crap, not worth gettin worried over either.

Yeah I registered on facebook but have yet to add anything or friends to it and as for friends mine would only be online ones not real ones.

That facebook is a load of crap is beside the point. You want to fit in, you gotta have facebook. I've never been a fan of social networking sites and I probably wouldn't use it in the way that many people do, but I figure this isn't the time to explain to my potential BFFs that I don't believe in facebook. Not to mention that my not having a facebook account in the first place isn't exactly by choice.

Yeah, I'm weak. Sue me.

gyneco said:
That facebook is a load of crap is beside the point.

I really don't know about this face book thing so this is rather off the wall. Would it be possible to hopelessly lose your password and have to start a new page? That would explain why your new friends have the honor to be among the first to be added.

If anything you'll seem all cool and indie for not having a facebook profile.

Jokingly say "I ain't got one....Facebook's kinda dumb." That's what I always say about MySpace. If you do it right they get this look like -theyre- the stupid one who doesn't fit in and they never mention it again :p

If you really feel like you do want to fit in with them then you can just probably say you never got around to making one. And then say to yourself that maybe you will make one soon, or ask them if you should cause you never thought it was a huge deal. Which of course they will reply 'yes you should'. Then you could make one and then you'd have an "acceptable" reason for not having any friends on your list, because it's new. Or you can say, "facebook, what's that?" then everyone will laugh and think you're cool.

you dont have to have a facebook profile to be cool, I mean wtf, its just facebook..I never thought it was a big deal when someone told me they didnt have one. Ive had tons of people tell me facebook is so overrated, and I didnt think anything of it

So need to feel left out cause you dont have a facebook profile :)

I have face-book and I have the same problem as you. I have very little friends on there and when anyone new wont's to add me or I wont to add them here is what I do.

I say oh ye I got face-book but to be honest I don't use it that often. But sue I well add you. Then that explains why I don't have many friends on there. But all though I am embarrassed at this its only my that's got the problem with it. Nobody else really cares.

Also I am not really into face-book. The site I think is weird. But it dose have its users.

You could make like 100 other accounts and add yourself lol. But then it would look weird that a 100 other ppl would have no friends. That probably would give the game away. OK so that was a rubbish idea.

Just one moor thing. If this ppl don't like you cos you have not got many friends on face-book then I would say there not worth knowing anyway. Maybe just be honest and say ppl I know don't use face-book most of the time. That's what I do. Am sure they wont be bothered. Its not them being bothered that's the problem here, its you being embarrassed. Don't get me wrong, I understand. I have the same problem.

Latest posts

Back