I have absolutely nobody in my life. :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowhere

Reaction score
Just posting this because I really need someone to talk to. I am a 15 year old girl with no friends, no boyfriend, no relatives around, a mother dying from cancer and an abusive drunk for a father. I hate my life so much I have nobody to talk to and nobody cares about me anymore. I wish I'd just hurry up and die so I don't have to live like this anymore. :(

I'm sorry. And I wont tell you that it's ok, because it is often times not. You can either post to board or PM me if you need to. I will be online for a while, no judgements.

Sorry to hear about your mother. You are 15, don't worry about having a boyfriend right now. Can you talk to your counselors at school, or see if there are any youth programs in your area you could go to? Some kind of support group to help you through this. There are usually a lot of programs for teens. You don't have to go it alone.

Hmm...I don't think I would enjoy calling you by your board username. So, I am going to call you Patricia. If you think of a better name, then let me know, and I will call you by that name.

I think that, when life puts you in the gutter like this, it can be very tempting to try to put up a brave front. You likely attend school somewhere, and that can be tough. It might seem like everybody knows what they are doing except you.

I will admit that I never found reassurances very, well, reassuring. Whenever people would tell me that I had my whole life in front of me, and that the world was my oyster, and that, therefore, I should be happy, I would always resent them more than I would appreciate their efforts.

It seems like everyone has it so easy. That's how it would feel. I think the truth is that in order to prevent oneself from doing something drastic, one has to value something in life. There must be something that we can find and hold on to.

I myself, held onto a kind of stubborn pride. I have wanted to commit suicide several times in the past. But each time, I got up and soldiered on. The reason was because I can't stand the idea of becoming just another statistic. I can't stand the idea that I would succumb to death, and die in defeat, having accomplished nothing, and with no one to notice.

But that's in my case. In your case, you might have something altogether very different keeping you rooted to this world. And so, if you would, I would like you to get a piece of paper, or open your favorite text editor, and just write about all the things you want. Write about how you want to be, and who you want to be. If you are miserable, then let that come out as well. But, the important thing is that you come up with something that you want. Something you want to acheive, feel, experience, etc.

As long as you have something that you desire, then you will have something that will root you to this world. After that, you can begin to maybe start thinking that perhaps it is ok to want it. And then maybe you can start thinking about ways you can get what you want.

It is a long, long road. It is filled with danger and with peril. I myself have only just begun to walk this path. Now then, would you like to know a secret? Every moment of every day since mid-november, I have been under the influence of sheer panic. As I type this, I can honestly say that I am exhausted, and that there is a huge lump in my throat. My neck aches, and my heart is pounding, because for the life of me I have not been able to to escape the thought of sheer panic and fear.

Why do I fear? Who knows. All I know is that since the end of November, it has been as if adrenaline is constantly being pumped into my body. I am constantly on edge, and I am afraid for my life.

But I soldier on. I keep going. I am not telling you this to shame you in any way. I am not bragging about how bad I have it. I think you might actually be in a more precarious situation.

But I soldier on. I keep walking. That's what I do. When the world seems like it is a fiery paroxysm of bright lights and tactile sensations, I put one foot in front of the other.

I understand pain. I understand fear, and I definitely understand loneliness. But I will not give an excuse, nor will I excuse anyone for taking their own life. I have been down that road, and I have dug myself out of that ditch.

I empathize with your pain. I care about you living. I want you to find something worth living for. But it is more about what I want. It is about what I expect. So know this: You will get through it. You will find a better life. You will find away out of all obstacles that are put in your path.

I expect nothing less.

Nowhere said:
Just posting this because I really need someone to talk to. I am a 15 year old girl with no friends, no boyfriend, no relatives around, a mother dying from cancer and an abusive drunk for a father. I hate my life so much I have nobody to talk to and nobody cares about me anymore. I wish I'd just hurry up and die so I don't have to live like this anymore. :(

In my opinion, living with what you're enduring, how you feel is absolutely natural. You're dealing with an enormous amount of stress and you're dealing with it alone. The fact that you're reaching out means that you're looking for support - that you have faith with the right support you will survive this.
Have you looked into support groups? There are support groups for children of alcoholic parents:
http://www.nacoa.org/
Support groups for children of cancer patients:
http://www.cancercare.org/support_groups
Support for suicidal thoughts:
http://www.suicidehotlines.com/
And support groups for young adults having a hard time:
http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/Pages/default.aspx

I hope you're in the US. If not, I can do the same research wherever you are ... people care, they just have to know you need help. And I think what you need is bigger than what this forum has to offer.
Best of luck and please let me know if I need to do more.

I agree with the above posts, and don't have any advice to add but I wanted to say that although we may seem far away, there is always someone here that will listen/talk to you. People who care, whether they actually know you or not, are out there. You don't have to go through it alone.

Nowhere said:

I'm 18 and have no one to really talk to besides my mother and sister, and that has gotten really old, my fathers never around always working, I have relatives but there almost always busy and I'd feel like a burden if I called them everyday. Have a few friends but we aren't close and have never hung-out. I've never had a boyfriend either, let alone held a boys hand or kissed a guy or gone out with friends. I'm not a bad person, I'm just really shy and unfortunately make conversations awkward for others. :(

You can message me anytime if you want to talk to someone, I wouldn't mind. I'm going crazy from the loneliness to. So your not alone.

Nowhere said:

Would it make any difference to you, that a total stranger such as me, cares what choices you make? Cares that you hang in there? Cares that you believe love does exist somewhere in the world, and you can find it?

I reaaly hope so!

painter said:
I agree with the above posts, and don't have any advice to add but I wanted to say that although we may seem far away, there is always someone here that will listen/talk to you. People who care, whether they actually know you or not, are out there. You don't have to go through it alone.

we have the internet now, forums like this, people who care and will give advice. In the late 80's I never had any of that. Suffered in silence. Quite horrible really, felt cut off.

Your not alone. There's people here willing to talk to you. I can relate, my father was pretty abusive too and had to go through so many years before I found any peace of mind. Right now I feel pretty strong but society depresses me now. And half of humanity due to people treating me poorly but I still keep moving cause I met people on here who has truley helped me. If you need support. I can offer you that. Please pm me. I'll be here for you. *hugs*

Latest posts

Back