I have no friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IloveMichaelJackson

Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old woman and have only a few people (2 or 3) I could spend time with but mainly they are interested in clubbing & travelling to the city & so on. I'm a bit more introverted and never feel comfortable around other females (I fear their judgement, jealousy, competition etc). I don't have many hobbies and I'm a self-proclaimed loner. I just want to find a small group of female friends (or even just 1) I feel I can be myself around. I have very low self esteem and poor social skills but I know I am intelligent. I want some more proactive hobbies instead of just TV or internet and heading to shops or a coffee with my mum (who I'm closest to, and the only female I can feel fully comfortable with). I want balance in my life of either work or study (I currently study), friends, possibly a partner, hobbies, life goals (I have no idea what to do with my life, and I understand many people my age don't have a clue either but I'd like to work it out) I also want structure in my life; I'm typing this at 12:45am and this is early to me, usually I sleep anything after 2:30-3am virtually every night now (study is only one class and I'm nearing the end of the semester). I have anxiety disorders also and sense that I am depressed sometimes. I do not relate to people well & almost always living in ego, always on the defense to people I dislike and can get angry and irritable. I have seen a counsellor to help with the anxiety disorders and it helped but I'm still stuck with travelling too far. I feel perhaps a psychotherapist may help more, one of the ones who ask you to lie back and retrieve your earliest memories & so on. I was an emotionally abused child (by my own sister) and she still tries to control me every so often these days (she's nearly 26 mind you). Please don't tell me to inform my mother, she knows perfectly well. But nothing ever changes.

Oh, I just want some fulfillment in life and some encouraging friends who I feel confident around. I want to find my passion : (

Welcome to the site. :) *hug*

Are there any hobbies that you're interested in? Movies? Books? ^_^ Haha you could list everything you have even a slight interest in and maybe that would help you figure out a potential direction in which to head. *shrug*

Tell your sister to go find something else better to do than to try and control you. She needs to grow up. You two aren't in high school anymore.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

I have no friends either (I'm going to be 23 6-27-10).... I don't feel comfortable around other guys for the same reasones. I can only really talk to girls.

Like you all I really want is someone who want's to be with me for the sake of being with me (and by "with me" I don't necessarily mean intimately).

I'm really close to my Dad, but he's really outgoing and I'm not, so when we go places he can easily become the centre of attention whereas I become kind of invisible.

I feel like a shadow.

I'm not trying to steal your thunder or anything.... just letting you know you're not alone.

I have a sister too btw (younger though), she did the same thing. She'd always cut me down, she was good at it too.

I can't really help, or give advice, but from one to another I wish you well.

..... I kind of wish I would have met someone like you out in the non-internet world. It'd be easy to be there for each other because we understand each other.

Hi,
I am a 23 year old woman from Ireland and I am the exact same way that you described yourself. I'm just new to this site so I'm not sure how it works.

Hello,
thanks for sharing this with us..it reflects some aspects of my present life.

We can be 'friends' if you like..

Hi IloveMichaelJackson and welcome to the forums!! :)

As long as you stick around here I'm pretty sure you'll get some friends in no time.

Try to explain to your sister and tell her to leave you some space. If she refuses then just stop listening to her. She needs to realize you're a person, and not some creature on a leash.

IloveMichaelJackson said:
I'm a 22 year old woman and have only a few people (2 or 3) I could spend time with but mainly they are interested in clubbing & travelling to the city & so on. I'm a bit more introverted and never feel comfortable around other females (I fear their judgement, jealousy, competition etc). I don't have many hobbies and I'm a self-proclaimed loner. I just want to find a small group of female friends (or even just 1) I feel I can be myself around. I have very low self esteem and poor social skills but I know I am intelligent. I want some more proactive hobbies instead of just TV or internet and heading to shops or a coffee with my mum (who I'm closest to, and the only female I can feel fully comfortable with). I want balance in my life of either work or study (I currently study), friends, possibly a partner, hobbies, life goals (I have no idea what to do with my life, and I understand many people my age don't have a clue either but I'd like to work it out) I also want structure in my life; I'm typing this at 12:45am and this is early to me, usually I sleep anything after 2:30-3am virtually every night now (study is only one class and I'm nearing the end of the semester). I have anxiety disorders also and sense that I am depressed sometimes. I do not relate to people well & almost always living in ego, always on the defense to people I dislike and can get angry and irritable. I have seen a counsellor to help with the anxiety disorders and it helped but I'm still stuck with travelling too far. I feel perhaps a psychotherapist may help more, one of the ones who ask you to lie back and retrieve your earliest memories & so on. I was an emotionally abused child (by my own sister) and she still tries to control me every so often these days (she's nearly 26 mind you). Please don't tell me to inform my mother, she knows perfectly well. But nothing ever changes.

Oh, I just want some fulfillment in life and some encouraging friends who I feel confident around. I want to find my passion : (

Welcome to the forums.

:)

I saw the title of the thread.. then i saw the username, and i was like: "Thats the problem"..

Nah, but really.. you dont need friends to have a full life and enjoy it. Loneliness dosent get cured by surrounding yourself with peope.. I dont have friends either.. maybe one or two, the rest are just a bunch of guys i talk to. No one really has that much friends. What you need to do is find your passion and pursue it.. that will give you a perspective in life, and im positive you could find interesting people along the way.

And do something about your sister... i would suggest something that has to do with a baseball bat, but the friends you will start making will be jail inmates.

Latest posts

Back