I have no sympathy for anyone in relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Ak5: How is that putting myself down? I am simply stating the truth. In fact it is really funny because it makes people awkward. Generally it helps them forget about their problems anyway. Most problems can be caused by over thinking.

Gutted said:
Yes!

I was going to make a topic about this myself today. It's all good and great that my Mum & Brother have their partners. But I honestly don't want to hear about their problems. I remind them of this quite often. In any relationship that I have had, I have never complained to anyone when I had an issue. The upside, as has been said, is that you can learn from other peoples mistakes. But I learned the golden rule ages ago. Don't go around moaning to everyone about your partner :p Lol. Thicken your skin. Then you'll be able to shrug off the onslaught of crap you may be told by people about their damned ******* partners (As they might put it to you when they moan lol)

Yeah that's right. I'm quoting myself. Let me modify this..

"That's generally how most couples deal with each other's negative traits through the initial 1-4 months (give or take)"

That's generally how most couples Gutted's Mum deals with each other's her BF's negative traits through the initial 1-4 months 1-2 years (give or take)

Fix'd

AFrozenSoul said:
I get a good laugh. When people ***** about relationships and then say You Know?. Because then I can say Actually No I Do Not. From there I make them feel awkward and guilty about bringing such a thing up. I always remind them that I have no experience and have no idea and cannot even imagine, before I give them advice.

It is also fun to talk to people who are always bitching about their mates. Especially the ones who constantly date but cannot find the right person. I just tell them to trade with me. I will constantly date and never find anyone. They can constantly be rejected and ever get a chance to find no one. That generally shuts them up.

I love this post

AFrozenSoul said:
I get a good laugh. When people ***** about relationships and then say You Know?. Because then I can say Actually No I Do Not. From there I make them feel awkward and guilty about bringing such a thing up. I always remind them that I have no experience and have no idea and cannot even imagine, before I give them advice.

I was at a party 13 years ago where a female was off crying by herself. I went over to see what was wrong since I knew her and she was telling me how one of the other guys there (who I also knew and still do know) stood her up and was hanging out with some other female. She went on and on. Once she calmed down, she asked me if the same stuff happens to me and I told her I had never dated. She then felt a lot better about things and left the party happy. :)

I have now been single for 10 years and even my first and only relationship lasted sbout 3 months because I was an ignorant and selfish teenager. I just got scared of the relationship potentially becoming very serious after such a short ammount of time, so I ended it and quite abruptly. It kind of sucks because now I realise that I could of had something good, how I had found a very nice person who I enjoyed being with but I threw it all away and hurt her which I really regret.

My friends do not actually ever talk about relationships. None of my friends have ever asked about my own relationship. Although I have very few friends but the ones I do have I have known for a very long time.

Thing is literally all of them have been in relationship's for a long time or find it easy to get in them. In a way I would actually like my friends to talk about relationships because I know they would not actually "moan" about them as such but just look for any advice and I actually enjoy trying to help people when possible.

I have absolutely no empathy for people who cheat though... Cheating is just simply wrong in my opinion. If you meet someone you click well with and who you would rather be with than your current partner, then you should end the relationship before doing anything with the other person.

AFrozenSoul said:
From there I make them feel awkward and guilty about bringing such a thing up.

aw what a nice person you are. Consiously making people feel guilty and awkward. :)

I dont want any relationship with guys anymore, they just use me and get what they want. I've been beaten and yelled at too many times. Guys are just mean :(

veronica said:
I dont want any relationship with guys anymore, they just use me and get what they want. I've been beaten and yelled at too many times. Guys are just mean :(

All of them aren't. I know quite a few who are pretty fabulous.

I hope one day I will meet a nice guy, but right now I am better off alone I think.

@SophiaGrace: They started it, they asked me a question knowing full well that I have no relationship experience. I just have to make them realize they are being stupid.

@blackdot: Of course she felt better. She realized that it could be worse. She could be a pathetic loser who could not pay people to be attracted to them. I try to avoid giving people that feeling.

Ahh these classy people complaining about their relationships in front of friends who have never had one. :club:

Sort of like complaining about your family in front of an orphane (ok maybe that's might be a bit dramatic...).

Gutted said:
In any relationship that I have had, I have never complained to anyone when I had an issue. The upside, as has been said, is that you can learn from other peoples mistakes. But I learned the golden rule ages ago. Don't go around moaning to everyone about your partner

Yep, I'm not one to complain about it either. To me what happens between me and my guy, good or bad, stays between me and my guy. The furthest I'd go is probably ask a question that relates to the issue at hand just so I could have someone else's perspectives or opinions to make my own analysations. Plus, I wouldn't bad mouth my boyfriend or complain about him to other people if I claim to love him so.

EveWasFramed said:
veronica said:

All of them aren't. I know quite a few who are pretty fabulous.

I agree.

rdor said:
Ahh these classy people complaining about their relationships in front of friends who have never had one. :club:

Sort of like complaining about your family in front of an orphane (ok maybe that's might be a bit dramatic...).

It's not dramatic because I have seen it happen. It's sad when people are not mindful of the things they say to that particular person. Most people are selfish, that's why.

kamya said:
A lot of people might just think that you are single because you want to be.

I think this is how most people view me aswell because even my closest of friends never talk to me about it, make comments to me about the other sex or even hint about it. Knowing so many people in my home town, around the area and the fact I have been on my own for such a long time and seemingly shown no interest in women.... I would not be surprised if this is the case.

veronica said:

Well that certainly sounds like you are accepting or going after the wrong type of guys! :eek:

ShybutHi said:
kamya said:
A lot of people might just think that you are single because you want to be.

I think this is how most people view me aswell because even my closest of friends never talk to me about it, make comments to me about the other sex or even hint about it. Knowing so many people in my home town, around the area and the fact I have been on my own for such a long time and seemingly shown no interest in women.... I would not be surprised if this is the case.

veronica said:

Well that certainly sounds like you are accepting or going after the wrong type of guys! :eek:

:( maybe...

I've had people make me feel like honeysuckle for complaining about relationships or a particular psychotic ex.
Some have even told me I have even deserved it what I got, because hey, I picked the guy.

Funny that, someone used the example of people complaining about their families to an orphan.
I was pretty much "legally" orphaned at 16. Often times, I have to bite my tongue when people complain about petty things such as parents making them do chores. It's incredibly hard to keep my cool sometimes. It helps to take a step back and understand that the person is hurting... And just wants a place to vent.

But pain is pain... No matter how big or small.
If you genuinely care about the person, give them an ear to listen.
Tune out the bitter and self-absorbed voices in your head.

If you can't do that, then politely tell the person afterwards that you aren't the best person to confide in about those sort of things.

OxBlood said:
But pain is pain... No matter how big or small.

+1.

Also I think being in an abusive relationship is infinitely worse than being single.

Latest posts

Back