I just need someone I can talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb75

Reaction score
I have no one who understands and can't unload all my crap onto the one person who does, even here I am discovering that I can't be lonely with a husband and children, is it not allowed? shows me how much you know :(
Stop the world I want to get off...

It's very much allowed. Sometimes people can be surrounded by dozens of people and still feel alone.
I'm also married, I am lonely. I don't have children though.

I remember the first time I was looking for some kind of group for lonely married people online... I certainly did not get the kind of search results I thought I would... good lord.. I reckon I am still more naive than I thought in a lot of ways. :p

kb75 said:
I have no one who understands and can't unload all my crap onto the one person who does, even here I am discovering that I can't be lonely with a husband and children, is it not allowed? shows me how much you know :(
Stop the world I want to get off...

Stay strong, KB75. I'm here to help now. :)

didnt evn know u were still w/us kb
thought u left

might wanna try posting more oftn
:)

This seems to be a growing trend, people who are married with children feeling lonely. You can unload on us here, it's what we do. Can you elaborate a bit more, why you feel the way you do?

I think it's very normal and very allowed. Especially if you are a stay at home mom.

I can understand.
Am not married and no child, but because i have a partner, people can not believe i am lonely, and are not very supportive when it is known I do.
It is very possible to "have" some one and still be lonely though.. it is a complicated situation, that people not in it do not seem to understand.

There must be some place as a support for people in a relationship or married and still lonely. It does not seem that uncommon.. Though I would also be afraid to search such a place, because of experience like Barbaloot's. (bleh) I also just need some one to talk to.

n ive heard ppl say its evn lonelier when ur lonely n have sum1
:(
sad

Hehe "stop the world...I wanna get off" :D

I like that one!! It actually made me smile, (which is no easy task) :). I appreciate the sentiment...but reading that actually cheered me up (in a twisted ironic sort of way). Thx for that :p

One thought that crossed my mind: if you weren't married and didn't have ur partner would you be LESS lonely? If the answer is no then be happy you at least have someone...Its more than some people have.

Hey now, it's alright. People can get lonely even after they're married. All you need is a bit of pick-me-up. Maybe chatting with old friends or going on a shopping spree could help?? ;)

Thanks for all your replies :)

I have just never been any good at making or keeping friends, I have a fair few aquaintances, they are not people I can 'talk' to but the vast majority of people I know are through my Husband.

I don't have anyone I can go shopping with, and have never been on a 'girls night out'. My husband works nights and I don't work as I am incapacitated at the moment.
My kids are great, and fun but it's nice to have an adult converstion now and then instead of about boys or computer games!

You can be in a relationship and still be lonely - sorry folks!
When I am under a lot of stress as I am now, it all seems much worse, can't specify anything on here though, too public!
Have made one new contact(friend?) since I joined here though :)

Kb, someone once told me that regardless of how much you love your partner, no one person call fill all of your needs and wants. It sounds like you need a couple of close girlfriends to share your feelings/insights/dreams with.
You say that you aren't good at making or keeping friends in real life so do you think you would be satisfied with online friendships or do you need people IRL?
If you are looking for online friends please feel free to PM me. Also, are you using the networking area on this site?

I can entirely relate to this and support what people are saying, both with personal experience and my researching loneliness for my dissertation.

Certainly when i moved to scotland for university I noticed the few friends i had were suddenly gone and the 'face value' friends at university were nothing but that. As Kb75 said, its really not enough if you cant properly talk to people and of course if they dont know you well enough they often become uncomfortable if you go over the general conversation margin into something serious.

on the other hand i always notice that when i meet people they will readily tell me of their problems, despite me hardly knowing them. Yet if I do it... they might get uncomfortable, I think people need to expand their margins of empathy and not wait to know a person for 10 nights out or 10 weeks or any arbitrary number before allowing for empathy to occur.

Latest posts

Back