I just want a guy who will love me unconditionally

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I'm straight, for once I want to be loved too, regardless of the person's gender.  It's actually my loneliness that makes me question my gender preference from time to time, especially since it's either that or resorting to suicide.

i find it incredible that the guest said he questions his sexuality because of loneliness too. i'm an overweight girl, so sometimes i think it might be easier to be gay than to find a guy who will love me, and i'm sure anyone reading this might agree with me that there is a huge aversion to overweight individuals out there and girls in particular. i realise i'm probably hugely disappointing you, guest-who-started-this-thread, but i assure you i feel some pain, if not exactly yours, and i hope that helps in some small way.

i belive love can be found anywere...i understand the pain and the depression...i understand...but i also understand that i dont want to get stuck with a slut eather...i want the real deal and for that im willing to wait...make use of the time that i have to create bonds and friendships...^_^ ill be your friend if you want? :p

yeah sometimes i feel the same way...the whole "i wish i had someone to love me."  but i learned thats not quite it...and when i reflect more deeply on it i realize what i really mean to say is "i wish i had a reason to love myself."  personally, the reason why i want someone to love me is because i want to be able to look at the mirror and say, "see...i'm a good person after all."  unfortunately i dont think that comes about by just finding someone who'll love me.  

i believe love is something that is given.  its something you give to others.  its something you give to yourself.  love isn't something that you find out there somewhere in the world.  it isn't something thats received or pumped into you when you're running on empty.  in order to feel love, you need to make love.  you feel love when you give a gift and see the happiness it causes.  you feel love when you serve breakfast in bed for your depressed friend and see the break of a smile on his/her face.  you feel love when you do something special for that special someone, even if its just surprising him/her with a picnic on the grass.

so i guess i wanted to point out that love isn't something thats found, it's given.  i think the mistake a lot of us make, including me, is that we think love is some good, happy feeling that someone has to give us.  but its not.  its something that we ourselves make through our actions of love.

everybody in the world is out looking for love.  i guess thats why nobody finds it.  theres no one to give it.

Guest said:
yeah sometimes i feel the same way...the whole "i wish i had someone to love me." but i learned thats not quite it...and when i reflect more deeply on it i realize what i really mean to say is "i wish i had a reason to love myself." personally, the reason why i want someone to love me is because i want to be able to look at the mirror and say, "see...i'm a good person after all." unfortunately i dont think that comes about by just finding someone who'll love me.

i believe love is something that is given. its something you give to others. its something you give to yourself. love isn't something that you find out there somewhere in the world. it isn't something thats received or pumped into you when you're running on empty. in order to feel love, you need to make love. you feel love when you give a gift and see the happiness it causes. you feel love when you serve breakfast in bed for your depressed friend and see the break of a smile on his/her face. you feel love when you do something special for that special someone, even if its just surprising him/her with a picnic on the grass.

so i guess i wanted to point out that love isn't something thats found, it's given. i think the mistake a lot of us make, including me, is that we think love is some good, happy feeling that someone has to give us. but its not. its something that we ourselves make through our actions of love.

everybody in the world is out looking for love. i guess thats why nobody finds it. theres no one to give it.

wow, when i read this i felt really impressed, somehow, my thoughts are similar to this, but at the same time the way he or she put it is wonderful, congratulations, i'll always remember this and it just gave me a new way of looking...thank you very much and i compleatly agree with you, in everything you said...

a kiss and a big smile!

Latest posts

Back