I just want to cry.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumble

Reaction score
Right now...but its also a wider issue with me. I cry everyday. I know thats not normal but its been that way with me for so long. I try and make excuses "oh I'm tired", "over emotional", "that time of the month" but I think I know it goes deeper.

I can quietly weep all day or I can hysterically cry so hard that I can feeling it ripping out of me. I cry alone in bed every night. I probably have cracked up to an extent.

I feel the people around me are over it. I get yelled at, ignored. I know its horrible and ruining their lives but all I am is upset.

I just kind of wish someone understood.

Sounds like how I was after my friend died. I would just cry and cry and feel no relief. Anti-depressant made it slightly better but I still felt awful.

I also got yelled at for crying.

People can be incredibly insensitive.

SophiaGrace said:
Sounds like how I was after my friend died. I would just cry and cry and feel no relief. Anti-depressant made it slightly better but I still felt awful.

I also got yelled at for crying.

People can be incredibly insensitive.

To me that seems like a more sensible reason to cry (I really can't think how I want to put that...) and getting yelled at for that is unbelievably insensitive.

I guess I just think with me its weird because half the time there's no underlying reason. Or not one I can out my finger on at least. I mean yes its gets even worse if there's been an upset or over breakups but it never seems to go away, even for a while.

I'm sure crying can be healthy but I think in moderation. The level I take it to is way beyond that.

I live pretty much on the verge of tears all the time. I'm terrible for crying over films, books, charity adverts, songs, anything...

The only time I cried every day and at random and inappropriate moments was after my daughter was born. Turns out I had post partum depression and my hormones were completely messed up. I didn't find out until my baby's father virtually forced me to go to the doctor. Otherwise I would have just tried to soldier through myself. So glad those days are over-

Teresa

i try to cry..i kind of like it...but then i feel guilty..? i don't know but i just get those feelings deep inside which makes me stop. i don't think that's natural. XP Why are you crying ? Did something happen ? It is okay to share. Let out all of your feelings. i bet they're all welled up inside..waiting to be released.

stumble said:
... I guess I just think with me its weird because half the time there's no underlying reason. Or not one I can out my finger on at least ... I live pretty much on the verge of tears all the time. I'm terrible for crying over films, books, charity adverts, songs, anything...

If you relate to the below post, you might want to complete some research on empathic & clairsentience abilities, highly sensitive people, Kundalini (awakening, side effects, & symptoms), ect.

If you ever discuss it with others, be prepared for people to say metaphysics is pseudoscience, a bunch of baloney, etc.

At any rate, I would always recommend seeing a physician, therapist, etc *first* to see if they can determine the problem.

If they can not, it could mean something else & would require personal research.

[Empath Or Mood Disorder? Advice Needed]

I stumbled upon this website in search of some help. I've been sensitive to my entire life to just about everything- global happenings, people's feelings/emotions, animals, on and on. Up until a few years ago I regarded these feelings as me being overly sensitive. That's kind of how other perceived me growing up as well. The past few years I've felt like I'm going crazy. I feel emotions out of nowhere and frankly, I cannot watch the news anymore. I can feel emotions that other people are experiencing as if they are my own, and it seems to happen with the people I am the closest too. I can't tell if I'm experiencing a mood disorder or a psychic ability. I know little to nothing about the psychic community or abilities, although I've brushed up some on the ability known as "empath." Although I'm sure there is no real test to tell, I feel helpless. Sometimes the emotions, whether they are mine or someone else's, come out of nowhere and are absolutely crippling. They can stay with me all day or go away as quickly as they came. To give you a little more detail of what I experience I will share the following: Most of the time when I feel strong feelings I can call someone I know and they can confirm what they have been feeling before I ask. With my best friend I am able to tell when something is terribly wrong and call her without having talked to her. Is it possible I am experiencing some mood disorder or that others are feeding into what I think might be happening? Any help is truly appreciated. Thank you for your time ...

Sounds very much like one of the main symptoms of clinical depression, which is what I have. I cry a lot, too, usually for no reason. Seeing a doctor might be a good idea.

Cry when you have seen anough, cry when you feeling are so powerful that your own emotions become so powerful you have to let off your tears. cry when you loose a friend, cry with laughter when your spiritual side tells you that a familt member has passed away. Laugh then cry again with lauhter whn you relaise that been away from your family has changed so much that you didnt know. I cry, I have cried, and continue to cry when I'm told the truth? Bullshit when you learn to cry to cry from under the cheek that taught you then you are a mystery but cry in the open in front of the foreign world they won't speak.

Thank you for all the replies everyone.

I'm not sure how long I've felt like this really. But it must have been years. I had a bad break up a few years back and it was out of control after that. Its settled since but I still cry way more and with more intensity than I know is right. I have had depressive feelings since I was about 15 and I have been to the doctors I few times but I'm pretty terrified of being put on pills. I sometimes wonder if through my years of little sleep and over problems I just been worn down to the point where I have no couping mechanism at all. I know I really don't react in a health way to upset.

I don't know, I just worry about it. There's a history of depression in my family too...

Equinox said:
Sounds very much like one of the main symptoms of clinical depression, which is what I have. I cry a lot, too, usually for no reason. Seeing a doctor might be a good idea.

This.

It sounds like a depression. :/

Who dictates when somebody is crying too much? If you need a cry, do it. If people are yelling at you, do it somewhere alone. We all turn to different outlets. Yours is crying.

Oh yeah I can totally see what you are saying but I myself think the amount I cry is way too much. Plus its a horrible way to live. Its very intense crying. I agree with what a lot of people have said that its probably to do with depression which I have had issues with for almost half my life. Weirdly though I make loads of excuses as to why I'm doing it. I'm not sure why. Or maybe I'm just crying over the state of my life. The times of the day when I'm occupied I cry less. When I think, or am alone or in bed is the worse.

are you actually upset when you cry ?
are there reasons for it when you do ?

crying is a stress release thing so maybe you just need to let it out.
i wouldnt say you are depressed cause you cry alot, could be ofc but id think you would know if you were wouldnt you ?
maybe your just prossesing things that happened in the past that you havent quite figuered out yet.

some people just cry easily, others dont :p
i kinda enjoy my ocational weeping days, i have a hard time crying.
but some times it just needs to come out.

dont think you need an excuse for it but if it bothers you try to find out why you do it so much.

It differs. Sometimes it's definitely because of something other times it seems for no reason at all. But I can always be set off pretty easily.
I think I see it as a problem because when I mention to people that I pretty much cry everyday they tend to seem pretty shocked on the whole. To me its normal just maybe not healthy...

well yeah people cry cause theyre upset, hurt or somethings wrong.
if you say you cry every day people prob think there is something really really wrong in your life.
is there ?
if there isnt and your just set of easely than i dont see a problem.
ive seen people do stranger things :p

Latest posts

Back