I miss my kids

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you just have to give it time, it won't come right away because you are feeling these emotions of grief and depression, it's understandable but if you dwell in these emotions, it is like a fire it will consume and burn you down to ashes. Just like learning something new it takes time and commitment your mind and your heart are battling over these emotions you need time to process these things then (in time) you will learn to cope with them if you don't they can consume you, Stay positive (it's not easy) but if you dwell it's no better than learning to cope, understand and except (remember that your children love you and I bet they wouldn't want you to suffer just like you don't want them to suffer.) So be strong for them you are the dad they look up to you for strength and guidance be their strength...

I would suggest going out and doing things. Your kids will love to hear about what you've done while they weren't with you and it will keep you busy. Maybe you can find new fun stuff to do together.
Sadly, every other weekend is often the norm when parents split up. I never really understood that. It's not enough time for the parent who doesn't have them all the time. Do you get them longer in the summer?

I Regret letting go of mine...visits always tore me up so bad...
Stay strong & trust your heart.
Peace

you just have to give it time, it won't come right away because you are feeling these emotions of grief and depression, it's understandable but if you dwell in these emotions, it is like a fire it will consume and burn you down to ashes. Just like learning something new it takes time and commitment your mind and your heart are battling over these emotions you need time to process these things then (in time) you will learn to cope with them if you don't they can consume you, Stay positive (it's not easy) but if you dwell it's no better than learning to cope, understand and except (remember that your children love you and I bet they wouldn't want you to suffer just like you don't want them to suffer.) So be strong for them you are the dad they look up to you for strength and guidance be their strength...
yes i need to give it time if i dwell in them ill just punish myself

I would suggest going out and doing things. Your kids will love to hear about what you've done while they weren't with you and it will keep you busy. Maybe you can find new fun stuff to do together.
Sadly, every other weekend is often the norm when parents split up. I never really understood that. It's not enough time for the parent who doesn't have them all the time. Do you get them longer in the summer?
it isnt enough time. Every other weekend is hardly anything. its hard to go out and do things when i got no money. I can't find work and just sit at home all day

yes i need to give it time if i dwell in them ill just punish myself
you can do it my friend I wish for you happiness yours and your childrens, in time, day by day its all about cementing your foundation (building a strong foundation) build on yourself and your relationship with your family you can do it just have to be strong and have confidence. But yea do not dwell it is a infectious feeling which makes you sink the more you do it.

Look at it this way, things change, this is just a starting point, just build on it, and try not to go too fast, there is a long road ahead.
I haven't seen my son in over 12 years when he was 7, so my mind still dreams and thinks he's 7 when in reality he is nearly 21, I did try to see him through the courts, and i spent 5 long years fighting for access, but here in the UK, things are different, fathers are expendable, its easier that way.
Be thankful every day, good luck mate.

Look at it this way, things change, this is just a starting point, just build on it, and try not to go too fast, there is a long road ahead.
I haven't seen my son in over 12 years when he was 7, so my mind still dreams and thinks he's 7 when in reality he is nearly 21, I did try to see him through the courts, and i spent 5 long years fighting for access, but here in the UK, things are different, fathers are expendable, its easier that way.
Be thankful every day, good luck mate.
i dont know how i ended up like this

Hi and welcome.

I'm sorry about your situation.
Maybe you can also call and read to them smth? Or to tell them some stories and you also can think of the storied to fmiss less. Or may be think of some projects that you'll make together when they come and discuss with them by phone.

Good luck.

My kid's fathers is not interesrted in seeing her at all, last time he saw her 6 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

I'm sorry about your situation.
Maybe you can also call and read to them smth? Or to tell them some stories and you also can think of the storied to fmiss less. Or may be think of some projects that you'll make together when they come and discuss with them by phone.

Good luck.

My kid's fathers is not interesrted in seeing her at all, last time he saw her 6 year ago.
yeah that sounds like a good idea read to them something tell stories i'm always interested in seeing my kids :)

Latest posts

Back