I need a friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey gausslessthanthree welcome to the forum

*hugs* :)

what are some of your interests? What kind of music do you like?

Math and physics. I used to spend most of my free time reading textbooks because thats what i love, but lately my loneliness is just consuming me and i can no longer concentrate enough to read Jackson's Classical electrodynamics. :(

I have one real friend, but she has more than just me and that depresses me. Because she doesn't need me as much as I need her friendship.

I' not really interesting, unless you want to hear about the beauty of Euler's Formula, and when your 18, not many people do.

Math isn't really my thing... Neither is physics, come to thing of it.

I'm sure you have many qualities that would make you an awesome person to know :D

In your house, do you obey the laws of thermodynamics?

Dude - or dudette - math and physics will be very interesting in certain circles. You're not the only person who enjoys them. I love physics. Tried it once, but it was way beyond my ken... and my Barbie for that matter. When they told me how planes fly (basic physics, I know) I may have cried. I go to work and talk to my (no offence to them) unintelligent colleagues about the solar system etc and they always seem interested. Confused, but interested. I don't push the issue, though. I really don't mean to sound rude, but there is an intellectual hierarchy. Some people aren't the most intelligent and aren't interested in intellectual pursuits. They might prefer relaxing in front of Jersey Shore. Then there are the more intelligent people who will have an intelligent conversation with you. Unfortunately, in the town I'm from the average IQ can't be more than 90. It's difficcult. So, I understand how you feel.

People will listen, and they will engage and they will converse, but you need to find the right circles in which you can do those things.

But, how about this. You ever want to chat physics, PM me some. Knowledge is my drug. It's not, but I thought I'd end on a humourous note. My actual drug is heroin. ;)

My dear sir or madam, I can't believe you actually dedicated your username to loving Gauss, the bane of my existence, the man who's ridiculous formulas caused me to receive an A instead of an A+ in college physics. XP

If you want to talk math/physics, feel free to PM me. We'll see just how well you actually know your stuff. XDDD

http://www.physicsforums.com/

That may have people who specifically share your interest - you may also be in a good position to develop your career at the moment, and they can advise you in that as well. Trust me, if you get into M.I.T or CalTech, you'll never have to worry about people not sharing your interest again.

Latest posts

Back