I no longer believe in friends.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breadbasket

Reaction score
A goodbye message to a friend:

There is something I have to tell you.

The reason I came back to you was to see if it would alleviate the pain. You said to me, that you loved me like a true friend. My heart was touched the moment you said that. But were you? You left me like you had no connections to me. You think everything is my fault. You add insult to injury whenever you bring up a subject I clearly tell you to not bring up. You told me what a friend was. When I told you I morned your disappearance, you didn't care.

You make an awful teacher, and you know why?

You're an awful teacher because you taught me the exact opposite; Friends are of no value. I laughed at your lesson, because you did such an awful job. You wanted me to value friendships, but in truth you wiped all value their was that I could comprehend. It means nothing now. Because you caused me so much pain. You never help me. You never made me feel the love that you promised, not once. By leaving me that day, you showed to me that what I thought was the greatest friend I ever had wouldn't even miss me. Not even hurt by my mistreatment, and not even considering to make me feel better, but to "/me nuzzles". I came back, because I had one last beed of hope that you missed me, and at least valued our friendship. And when I saw how you felt about about that hope, you didn't care.

You're pitiful, because you think you're a teacher of moral values. But to me, your the worst example of a good person. Because you're a dirty liar, who lies to himself with the illusion of virtue, which comes from sayings that could be understood by a high school pint sized jockey with more swag than he could cram down his pants. Value your friends. Give to others what they give you. Then you base your ideas off of games and abstract concepts such as the prisoner dilemma. And you assume I have not tried all options. And you expect me to be awed by your primitive concepts that got me into this mess in the first place (I bet you haven't realized that). It's people like you, that make me miserable.

Coming back, did nothing to make me feel better, because you were never my friend. I bet you feel like you won anyhow, and that you will take in pride with it. You can just shrug me off like an ant, that I’m nothing to you. And for that, I will always despise you with the greatest hate I could offer, and have no power to do anything about it, but cry and scream a prayer that will never be heard. And no matter how much I do that, you will never react to it.

It's like that short story. I have no mouth, and I must scream.

Friends are not real to me anymore.

The last friend I had, never valued our friendship. Just like the rest. And this guy is arrogant. One day I had to stay away from him, and he blocked me entirely. His reason was to teach me to value my friendships. He's awful. Because, does he? No. He never valued me, or our friendship. And he taught me, that friendships are of no value. Only acquaintances are real. Friends are not.

But he gave me pain. And as I said, I will always scream inside and out. Cry like an infant. Because there is nothing I can do to solve loneliness and anger. Kind of Like AM. Allied Mastercomputer.

Perhaps he wasn't supposed to be a good friend to you. Perhaps he was supposed to be a bump in the road for you, and shine light on another lesson in your life. You can't change people; Only how you respond to them. And maybe, you were supposed to learn another lesson from him other than realizing he was an "awful teacher" to you. Don't be so blinded by what you wanted to see, that you overlook what's really there.

I believe in the concept of friends, I just learnt to not put too much expectations on them. Typically, friends have more important people in their lives then me (like children and spouses ) so I feel if I think of myself on the middle shelf so to speak, I won't get hurt feelings or disappointed right off the bat.

Ah, friends. I still remember the moment I thought a number of the people I knew were actual friends, until things got important. As time progressed, certain 'friends' turned out to be nothing than 'friend-when-necessary'. At this very moment, I have only one, true, best friend. I always remain loyal to people whom I consider friends, until they show me how they truly think of me, it is then that their value is questioned and, after a while, they vanish. Be it purposely or unconsciously, the list of friends - true friends - becomes much, much shorter, at least, in my case.

The concept of friends ... the question is not whether or not you believe in the concept - you could ask yourself that question and you can ask others the question. But you could also ask yourself - or others - What is a friend? What is your defenition of a friend?

Difficult questions which can have complicated answers.

Maybe you feel like that right now but with time you will change your mind. This is not the end you know,people come and go...we will always need someone to talk to even about silly things. You have friends here.

Allot of the "friends" I know just leave me. When I talk to them, they say they don't miss me. They avoid me, without telling me what is wrong. When I try to explain a frustration, after they tell me to explain, they tell me to shutup, and they'll stop talking to me. Not allowing me to say how badly the world can be to me. All I can do is hold in anger, all the time. Most of my troubles come from venting.

Then you probably haven't met the right people to be called a friend yet. There are millions of people out there. Someone is bound to be a good friend to you. But finding good friends take time. Sometimes too long that you feel like giving up. But then you also have to see what are the things you do to make new friends and how do you act as a friend to others, yourself. Do you treat others the same way you want others to treat you? I believe that if you do, then you will likely attract similar people as friends over time.

Latest posts

Back