I stepped one foot outside the Friend Zone. I was Instantly cut-off.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael2

Reaction score
To all the women out there, I can't say I blame you for being annoyed with your guy friend when he admits he has feelings for you. And you have the right to cut him off for having these feelings, as I was.

It's just that I simply told her she was the only person I felt like I had a connection with. That was really it. Now I haven't heard from her in 2 weeks. From the friend zone to out of her life, just like that.

The thing is, I was more then happy in staying in the friend zone. I simply had to let her know about that, just in case she had any kind of feelings for me, which I wasn't sure about. I guess it was too much and frightened her away. Man it sucks so much being such a low value man.

I lent a hooker "friend" a few hundred dollars to get her through a tough time she had last month.
She said she'd pay me back by spending the night with me the next time she was in NY.
Well...she came back a couple of days ago, but did not call me to pick her up from the airport.
Texted me after she was put on the schedule on the website (which she knows I follow), and apologized saying "she forgot to call me".
I absolutely figured that would happen.
It's OK with me. A good investment.
She will never ask me for a favor again.
The same way my cousin will never ask me for a loan again, as he did not repay the first one.
Sometimes it's not so bad to lend money you know you will never get back...

I lent a hooker "friend" a few hundred dollars to get her through a tough time she had last month.
She said she'd pay me back by spending the night with me the next time she was in NY.
Well...she came back a couple of days ago, but did not call me to pick her up from the airport.
Texted me after she was put on the schedule on the website (which she knows I follow), and apologized saying "she forgot to call me".
I absolutely figured that would happen.
It's OK with me. A good investment.
She will never ask me for a favor again.
The same way my cousin will never ask me for a loan again, as he did not repay the first one.
Sometimes it's not so bad to lend money you know you will never get back...

That's a positive way to look at a situation. Now you know how someone really views you, same as me.

I'm going to speak generally. People who don't have much experience with failure, not because they're wildly successful, but because they simple don't take the risks seem to take it harder than others.

Your talking about the principal that if you do something, like lets say make unfunny jokes over and over again, and nobody laughs, eventually the sting of nobody laughing would wear down or go completely away.

That's true but,

I'm not extroverted. I don't have the desire or energy to flirt with numerous women and get rejected numerous times to build up my tolerance to it. Also, I don't really pursue someone unless I kind of get to know them first and start to build an attraction - so rejection is harder at that point because your actually invested in them, to a degree. An extrovert who gets rejected by a woman he's known for 15 seconds can walk away from the experience mostly unfazed. But even an extrovert who genuinely knows someone and has even a small attachment to them will get hurt if his advances are turned down.

Also, I dont want to be like all the guys I see who flirt with women like it's a game, or for fun. Most of those guys follow the rule that if they approach dozens of women and flatter them, it's likely at least one will reciprocate the attention. I'm not interested in doing that. I need to know or see something about the person's character that attracts me more then their looks to want to pursue them, and because Im like that Im not going to approach dozens of women and Im not going to build up some big tolerance to rejection.

You generalise too much, assume too much and don't value yourself. This is holding you back with relationships.

You can learn social skills to be more confident, to pick up more body language cues, and think more with your head than your heart.

You generalise too much, assume too much and don't value yourself. This is holding you back with relationships.

You can learn social skills to be more confident, to pick up more body language cues, and think more with your head than your heart.

I value myself to a realistic degree, but I'm a realist. I know a wealthy extrovert. He gets 100x more female attention then I do. Because he is extroverted and wealthy. In turn he values himself. It's hard if not impossible to value yourself alot if nobody else does. It's easy for the wealthy extrovert to value himself when so many people throw themselves at him.

I'm INFJ, I don't have social skills, never will. Because group socializing in general is shallow and boring to me, so I have no interest in getting better at it. I am confident, it's just that people don't have confidence in me. I probably think with my head too much.

Your talking about the principal that if you do something, like lets say make unfunny jokes over and over again, and nobody laughs, eventually the sting of nobody laughing would wear down or go completely away.

That's true but,

I'm not extroverted. I don't have the desire or energy to flirt with numerous women and get rejected numerous times to build up my tolerance to it. Also, I don't really pursue someone unless I kind of get to know them first and start to build an attraction - so rejection is harder at that point because your actually invested in them, to a degree. An extrovert who gets rejected by a woman he's known for 15 seconds can walk away from the experience mostly unfazed. But even an extrovert who genuinely knows someone and has even a small attachment to them will get hurt if his advances are turned down.

Also, I dont want to be like all the guys I see who flirt with women like it's a game, or for fun. Most of those guys follow the rule that if they approach dozens of women and flatter them, it's likely at least one will reciprocate the attention. I'm not interested in doing that. I need to know or see something about the person's character that attracts me more then their looks to want to pursue them, and because Im like that Im not going to approach dozens of women and Im not going to build up some big tolerance to rejection.
Just wait for everything to be perfect that always works out. 😂😂😂 I don’t want to be like THOSE other guys. Overall, I give this rationalizing a 6/10.

I value myself to a realistic degree, but I'm a realist. I know a wealthy extrovert. He gets 100x more female attention then I do. Because he is extroverted and wealthy. In turn he values himself. It's hard if not impossible to value yourself alot if nobody else does. It's easy for the wealthy extrovert to value himself when so many people throw themselves at him.

I'm INFJ, I don't have social skills, never will. Because group socializing in general is shallow and boring to me, so I have no interest in getting better at it. I am confident, it's just that people don't have confidence in me. I probably think with my head too much.
Stop comparing yourself to others for a start. Your value hasn't got anything to do with wealth and being an extrovert. I couldn't care less about those personality types, because you can modify yourself, if you choose to. People don't have confidence in other people because they haven't been given anything to feel confident about. I think I've mentioned it on another thread of yours, but you have to fish in a different pond.

Too many people want to have an excuse for their predicament rather than take responsibility for it and do something about it. You can choose to take umbrage at my remarks if you wish, but if you (like so many people on this site) really want your situation to be different (better), then you have to be prepared to make some changes, big changes in some situations, but changes all the same, otherwise, in a decade you'll still be spruiking the same crestfallen speil.

Last edited:
Stop comparing yourself to others for a start. Your value hasn't got anything to do with wealth and being an extrovert. I couldn't care less about those personality types, because you can modify yourself, if you choose to. People don't have confidence in other people because they haven't been given anything to feel confident about. I think I've mentioned it on another thread of yours, but you have to fish in different pond.

Too many people want to have an excuse for their predicament rather than take responsibility for it and do something about it. You can choose to take umbrage at my remarks if you wish, but if you (like so many people on this site) really want your situation to be different (better), then you have to be prepared to make some changes, big changes in some situations, but changes all the same, otherwise, in a decade you'll still be spruiking the same crestfallen speil
Stop comparing yourself to others for a start. Your value hasn't got anything to do with wealth and being an extrovert. I couldn't care less about those personality types, because you can modify yourself, if you choose to. People don't have confidence in other people because they haven't been given anything to feel confident about. I think I've mentioned it on another thread of yours, but you have to fish in different pond.

Too many people want to have an excuse for their predicament rather than take responsibility for it and do something about it. You can choose to take umbrage at my remarks if you wish, but if you (like so many people on this site) really want your situation to be different (better), then you have to be prepared to make some changes, big changes in some situations, but changes all the same, otherwise, in a decade you'll still be spruiking the same crestfallen speil.
This dude was like “I don’t want to get good at socializing because it’s boring.” You can’t help people who think they’re better than doing the work.

Awh I wish you luck in ya search, I think maybe being fiends with someone you like romantically isnt the best thing anyway so maybe you are better off 😇✨

Social skills can be improved. I've done it and I'm an introvert. Many others have as well. There are ways to improve your wealth, social skills, mate value, etc.

All I see here is excuses and things you tell yourself that likely aren't true.
You "value yourself to a realistic degree." No, you "value" yourself to the extent your mind will let you with the negative crap going on in your head, which isn't actually reality.

I'm obviously only going off what I read here, so I suppose I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

That's true but,

If you did approach dozens of strange women based on appearance then they'd be people, even some here maybe, who would call you out for it and claim you're timing it poorly, acting in wrong circumstances, or just flat out call you an idiot.

I definitely get that impression when it comes to romantically unsuccessful men, there's people just gagging to apply some judgement.

You play, you fail, you try again. There's no way round it. Learning to like socializing is the first step.

Last edited:
There's no winning at this. You play, you fail, you get judged, no matter the 'strategy' employed.
I think this forum is proof that you get judged when you don't fail, also. A lot of you judge the hell out of people for having success in getting girls. So really, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

To all the women out there, I can't say I blame you for being annoyed with your guy friend when he admits he has feelings for you. And you have the right to cut him off for having these feelings, as I was.

It's just that I simply told her she was the only person I felt like I had a connection with. That was really it. Now I haven't heard from her in 2 weeks. From the friend zone to out of her life, just like that.

The thing is, I was more then happy in staying in the friend zone. I simply had to let her know about that, just in case she had any kind of feelings for me, which I wasn't sure about. I guess it was too much and frightened her away. Man it sucks so much being such a low value man.
People use the word “friend” incorrectly. I’ll elaborate a friend, a true friend must be your equal in every sense of the word. Someone you give your life to without question in order to protect them as they would to you. Someone of so much importance that you would name your child after him. The fact that she’s an opposite gender does not make her a friend or else you would be a woman too but you are not a woman. Men at birth alone are born 30% stronger than women with that fact, alone, proves my theory that you cannot be a friend with a woman.

As I have been given good advice, I hope that my words can help your incorrect mindset bring you peace. Not all women, but some like to keep men around that they can manipulate. Not all women, but some can be so evil that they cannot be friends with another evil person (a woman). That is why they have subservient males around them to validate them. Notice how easily disposable you were to her which means you were never really valued and she could have sacrificed you at a moments notice and she wouldn’t missed any sleep. In this community I hope that we can help you get pointers to become a better you. We all have our own problems, but we are here to help each other. I’ll be honest with you. I thought people in forums such as this were a bunch of losers until it happened to me. I was this post off just like you were. Let us help you so you and return can help us in the future together we will be stronger. I know it sounds cheesy but simple words can be the difference between life and death.

People use the word “friend” incorrectly. I’ll elaborate a friend, a true friend must be your equal in every sense of the word. Someone you give your life to without question in order to protect them as they would to you. Someone of so much importance that you would name your child after him. The fact that she’s an opposite gender does not make her a friend or else you would be a woman too but you are not a woman. Men at birth alone are born 30% stronger than women with that fact, alone, proves my theory that you cannot be a friend with a woman.

As I have been given good advice, I hope that my words can help your incorrect mindset bring you peace. Not all women, but some like to keep men around that they can manipulate. Not all women, but some can be so evil that they cannot be friends with another evil person (a woman). That is why they have subservient males around them to validate them. Notice how easily disposable you were to her which means you were never really valued and she could have sacrificed you at a moments notice and she wouldn’t missed any sleep. In this community I hope that we can help you get pointers to become a better you. We all have our own problems, but we are here to help each other. I’ll be honest with you. I thought people in forums such as this were a bunch of losers until it happened to me. I was this post off just like you were. Let us help you so you and return can help us in the future together we will be stronger. I know it sounds cheesy but simple words can be the difference between life and death.
I agree with some of what you said but not all of it.

I agree with some of what you said but not all of it.
It’s fine, without debates the only outcome is violence.

Both men and women have the capacity for great evil. We can all point fingers at each other of who is worse but at the end of the day we all suffer at the hands of others to include our own self. We are our own worst enemy.

Latest posts

Back