I really need someone to talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
Ive had the worst week, I really need to talk to someone, a girl maybe? Honestly I dont care what gender, I just need someone to talk to, preferably someone around my age (Im 20)

Hi! What's up? I just randomly woke up in the middle of the night, so it looks like I'm free for a little bit.

Hey...I just had a really bad weekend, sat at home all day because I have nobody to go out with, and everytime I get on facebook I have to see statuses about how great everyones weekend was and reading the comments, seeing how close everybody is while Im not involved in any of it, it just makes me not want to live =/

Why don't you go out by yourself? If you sit at home doing that, it's only going to remind you that you're alone.

not at all, its the perfect environment, its just Im usually too anxious to talk to anyone I dont know.....either way, thats pretty much the only thing you can do by yourself, except go to bars but Im not 21 yet

If it was the perfect environment, you wouldn't feel worse. I'm not saying it's something you don't like. I'm saying you should do something that won't make you feel more alone. It might take a little experimenting, but there's more to life than concerts and bars!

I know that, but theres not much you can do alone, theres a lot of things I wish I could do but I really cant because I have nobody to go with, theres things you just cant do by yourself =/ thats why I go to shows, to try and meet people.

Go to a movie? Take a walk? Go read a book at the park? Try out a new hobby you can do by yourself, like photography, cooking, or playing an instrument?

Ive been playing guitar for 6 years, it doesnt make me any less lonely, Im not trying to find something to kill time, I need to meet people, Ive literally lost interest in just about everything that doesnt involve being around other people

I'm not trying to help you kill time. I'm giving you suggestions of things to do by yourself, when you've obviously got nothing better to do than torture yourself. If it's constructive, then you're not just "killing time". You just told me there's nothing you can do by yourself, but there's actually a ton of things you can do without somebody else.

Then why are you getting on facebook and reading posts written by people who are hanging out with people? It won't help you meet anybody. What are you doing besides going to concerts, where you are afraid to approach anybody?

What else is there to do? If you know of any places where a random guy can go to by himself and effectively meet people, please do tell

*Parks
*Libraries
*Museums
*Malls
*Beach/ River/ Lake if you live near one
*Your neighborhood
*Religious meeting places
*Volunteer work
*Classes
*Bookstores
*Flea markets
*Clubs- like book clubs, not night clubs
*Seminars
*Bus station (yes, I had a friend who hung out at bus stations just so he could talk to random people and he made a ton of friends this way)
*Sushi bar
*Gym
*Golf course
*Have you tried meetup.com? I've heard mixed results there.
*If you have a dog, a dog park.
*Donate money to a charity and they'll invite you to events.
*Go check out forums for people who like doing certain things, and you might be able to meet somebody local.
*Open mic night at coffee houses
*Poetry readings

*Sporting events
*Convention
*Magazine stand
*A play
*Neighborhood watch
*If you ride bikes, a bike path- similarly, if you jog, a jogging path
*Shows, like car shows, gun shows, whatever interests you
*Home improvement stores. I've seen people make friends over breakfast at Lowes... not sure if all Lowes has doughnuts in the morning.
*Get involved in politics
*Join a demonstration
*Check out the Activities section on Craigslist

These are things I came up with off the top of my head. I bet you could think up some more if you sincerely tried.

Do try joining a training course in Languages, this is good way to get friends because you need to practice the new language you learning with the rest students.

Joining a language course sounds like the best idea. But if you're not into that kind of thing, joining whatever course should be an effective mean to meet people too.
The truth is, you can actually meet people everywhere outside. Most people won't mind a complete stranger saying hello to them, and, why not, engage an actual conversation. The world outside is big and scary but you won't lose anything by giving it a shot.
Something really funny would be that you go to a bookstore, then stand next to a book called something like "How to meet people" and wait for someone to pick it up. And then, you'd come to him/her and say "Hey, what's up?". That would be awesome.

Tons of people on Facebook and other social networks lie right through their teeth. People lie on the internet all the time. Half of them should be here. They are just as lonely as some of us, but are too embarrassed to discuss it on such a massive site like Facebook.

Hey, you can talk to me. Might not be a gal but I'm a 21 year olf guy from the UK, but still.. feel free to add me if you use Skype: matthewalker :)

Latest posts

Back