I see Polygamy Becoming Legal and Encouraged Before Regular Single Men are Helped

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OP fails to take into account the presumable role of immigration (which is already observable) in making up for decreasing birth rates. Since this is mostly a 1st world phenomenom, it's safe to say things are never going to get to the point of OP's conjectures. Immigrants and the descendants of immigrants are going to comprise an ever-greater parcel of the population of rich countries, and even if that wasn't enough, it's hard to imagine OP's predictions coming true.

I think you're over-dramatizing and living in the past, the both of you.
Plenty of women still believe in traditional relationships and are seeking out love. Technically speaking, even if polygamy is illegal, polyamoury is getting a push these days and despite it having a modern coating of paint, it still has the same problems in the vast majority of cases; one ends up dominating the other and it doesn't last.
Sure, plenty of women might be attracted to men like Musk who hold money and power, or even Donald Trump 30 years ago, but it begs the question; is THAT your role model and would those women be the kind of women you'd like to frequent? I wouldn't. World is full of "fickle honeys" who look all manner of gorgeous but who's values are intrinsically opposed to what I consider healthy and good. I'd much rather have an equal partner than an attractive underwear mannequin, which is what men of power often go for. Musk seems to have it in for disposable starlets; not my cup of tea.
In fact, I view Musk as a failure, not a success, when it comes to women; if he didn't have the money and name, would any of these women given him the time of day? What does it say about his character? I sure as hell wouldn't want to have sired 9 kids with different women; I'm saddened that I had two with someone I'm no longer with. If I could have made it work, I would have.
Society isn't on the verge of collapsing, not by a long shot. Like has been the case for over 2000 years, it's changing. Wether it's for better or worse is a matter of debate, but if you start looking at celebs and thinking they're a model to follow, well...you're not out of the woods yet.

I already decided the next girl will be the LAST girl. I have this romantic notion if growing old and dying with her. I hope she'll be on board with that and put effort into it like I will, when I meet her. Rest of the world? Iy can do whatever it wants. It'll be us two against it.

Amazingly written! I think very much the same way.

Polygamy/polyamoury is a social disaster waiting to happen. Societies where this was the norm had to be strictly hierarchical and authoritarian as the only way to keep the vast number of unattached men from causing mayhem. It might be an incel argument but it's not hard to see what a large group of testosterone-fueled angry young men with nothing to lose could turn into. It's a mob ready for radicalization.

The problem with this reasoning is that it's ahistorical. It does not follow actual and observable principles according to which societies develop. To be a little more tangible about it, lemme draw your attention to the fact that people had to deal with things far worse than not fiding a mate or experiencing a general state of sexual frustration and for centuries they endured, the social forms under wich they lived remained very much the same, and it was only when the material conditions that allowed for change became a reality that change actually happened. To quote Marx, "men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they please".

Now, this doesn't mean that "unattached", " testosterone-fueled angry young men" cannot change the world, for better or worse, just that there's no "social disaster" (the way I see it) coming out of it. You attribute too much weight to a dynamic that plays only a minor role in historical development.

Latest posts

Back