I spent the day at work crying at my desk. I feel alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Im glad you have more information now, T. It was obvious that you were really stressing over this.
I know it sucks that you have to move again, but at least you have plenty of time to look around.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

As for the homeowner...well, I know this voodoo priestess down in Bayou La Batre....
Haha!!

-Teresa

So glad you have found your way through this, and know your rights, and what you are going to do to go forward. You sound much more emotionally 'settled' now which is great, and I hope you find the perfect new home for you and your daughter.

NOTE you can do the voodoo curse thing yourself without a priestess, but it will mean slaughtering a chicken (or better yet a goat) in your backyard over some graveyard dust, which may piss off the neighbours, although come to think of it that isn't much of an issue anymore ......

jaguarundi said:
So glad you have found your way through this, and know your rights, and what you are going to do to go forward. You sound much more emotionally 'settled' now which is great, and I hope you find the perfect new home for you and your daughter.

NOTE you can do the voodoo curse thing yourself without a priestess, but it will mean slaughtering a chicken (or better yet a goat) in your backyard over some graveyard dust, which may piss off the neighbours, although come to think of it that isn't much of an issue anymore ......

Lol! I have some friends with urban backyard chicken coops and I'm absolutlely positive they would donate a chicken to the cause lol

If any potential buyers view the house while I'm still here, they might get to hear about the leak through a roof vent when it rains...and the "self pruning" huge sycamore tree out front that drops huge branches in storms... :) I should tell them that I swear the house is haunted too :)

-Teresa

Murdering a chicken for something it didn't do just to get 'revenge' on someone seems rather petty.

GrannySmith111 said:
I went through this whole situation not long ago, as the kid though. Moving sucks. You have to leave everything behind.

I had to move because of a divorce. The house was to be sold, that was in the final agreement or whatever. Instead of waiting until the last minute, my mom went out and got an apartment for us to move to.

Living in an apartment is not ideal. But what can you do? Buying a house isn't an easy task. I went from a nice single house to an apartment in a matter of days. I was only in middle school back then too. It was DEVASTATING for me. I had to leave behind the close knit group of friends I always hungout with. The apartment was smaller than what I was used to. Everything seemed to just go downhill from there.

Reading what you went through is very much a big part of the reason I responded to the OP- her daughter feeling stable and secure is worth it's weight in gold. When my ex and I split a long time ago we decided that she'd stay in the house with our daughter simply because we didn't want Kid to have to deal with more than what was happening at the time. It's been a bit of a struggle to make things work (some day I will have a life again- lol) but knowing that my daughter has the sense of stability she has is of great value to me.

To the OP- it's great to see you're sense of humour is asserting itself over your unexpected situation and that you're acting instead of reacting Teresa.
m5l.gif

WildernessWildChild said:
GrannySmith111 said:
I went through this whole situation not long ago, as the kid though. Moving sucks. You have to leave everything behind.

I had to move because of a divorce. The house was to be sold, that was in the final agreement or whatever. Instead of waiting until the last minute, my mom went out and got an apartment for us to move to.

Living in an apartment is not ideal. But what can you do? Buying a house isn't an easy task. I went from a nice single house to an apartment in a matter of days. I was only in middle school back then too. It was DEVASTATING for me. I had to leave behind the close knit group of friends I always hungout with. The apartment was smaller than what I was used to. Everything seemed to just go downhill from there.

Reading what you went through is very much a big part of the reason I responded to the OP- her daughter feeling stable and secure is worth it's weight in gold. When my ex and I split a long time ago we decided that she'd stay in the house with our daughter simply because we didn't want Kid to have to deal with more than what was happening at the time. It's been a bit of a struggle to make things work (some day I will have a life again- lol) but knowing that my daughter has the sense of stability she has is of great value to me.

To the OP- it's great to see you're sense of humour is asserting itself over your unexpected situation and that you're acting instead of reacting Teresa.
m5l.gif

I'm fortunate to live in an open enrollment school district so my daughter can stay in the same school no matter where we live in the district. Since we moved in Oct, she's been able to stay at the same school and daycare and I could see that meant a lot to her although her 7 year old self wasn't able to articulate it.
The idea of putting her through another move again so soon is what pushed me over the edge. But I told her things are going to be fine and maybe we'll find a better place.

-Teresa

jaguarundi said:
Great news - saw a fab new place for you. Needs a bit of work, though....

zvq22v.jpg

If it's in Provence or someplace cool, I could make it work :)

I seriously think my landlord has been sniffing glue. Selling a house is a huge undertaking -appraisals, inspections, possible repairs, showings to potential buyers -how does he plan to do all that with me living here and limited access to the property? Which reminds me, I need to padlock the back gates so no one gets in when I'm not here.
He may need to throw some cash at me to get me out on his timeline!

-Teresa

If it's in Provence or someplace cool, I could make it work

Its the Sud Charente, so not so cool as Provence (although Cognac is about an hour away, St Emilion about 30 mins)

He may need to throw some cash at me to get me out on his timeline!

Yessss! Go for it. Money is much better revenge than a dead chicken:D

Latest posts

Back