I think it's finally time for me to look for a new job, would like some help.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

njlonelydude

I know in other threads I made, one of the things I complained about is hating my job. Well, today I think I've "woken up" and am now determined to get a new one. Someone quit this company, someone who I thought would never quit, and that seems to have put a spark under me. I definitely think it's my turn to gtfo before things get even worse.

I know how to write a resume and a cover letter, so that's not a problem. However, I'm hoping to maybe get a job that's not really your typical office job. I'm an amazing writer, not a humble one, and I'd like a job that involves writing. Obviously there are subjects I'd prefer to write about, but I can write about anything (even romance amongst mice).

On top of the writing, I also have some media skills -- I think I have talent as a screenwriter. Now, I know becoming a Hollywood screenwriter isn't like getting any other job, but I have no problem writing shorts films or commercials.

The other thing I happen to be good at is coming up with ideas. I can come up with an idea for almost anything, but I'm not able to implement it since I don't have those resources. I'd love to work for a company, like say Google, and give them an idea for a new program. Or, work for a media company, I guess MTV, and give them an idea for a TV show. I name those two companies because they come across as the type willing to hire someone like me, with good ideas, instead of going through the normal cover letter/resume/portfolio procedures.

I guess my last resort would be an office job...:(

If you don't want to go through the whole resume and portfolio thing, the only other way to get started in those types of jobs is knowing someone on the inside who can put in a good word for you and help you talk to top people. Getting your foot in the door without previous experience has a lot to do with luck.

I'm just speaking from a common sense type knowledge since I have no experience in screen writing or coming up with ideas for MTV. But you have to figure that thousands of people travel to Hollywood to do just that and most never make it.

I'd also suggest teaming up with a wannabe director and bringing some of those screen plays to life. You could get famous through Sundance with a couple of decent actors, some good direction, and a awesome story.

Cool so you know what you want to do all you need now is to take the steps to get there. Now all you need is feedback from those who know how to get into said jobs.

Latest posts

Back