I think my marriage is ending

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle0930

Reaction score
Hello
don't know where to start....
been married 27 years
kids grown
husband busy all the time
i need a friend to talk to right now

Well, from another newbie, welcome to A.L.L. I think you've found all the friends you can handle. ;) I know they've been very nice to me. I'm in a similar situation.

Welcome. I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult time.

Hi there gentle0930, Welcome to the site :)

Sorry to hear about your marriage. 27 years is a long time to be with someone then split. It seems to be getting moor and moor common now days.

gentle0930 said:
Wow
i'm glad to hear that

what's your situation, if I may ask?

Well, we were only together for 3 years. But I dedicated my life to her and her kids. Gave up everything to be with her. But things got cold and now we're not much more than room mates. So now I'm here in a town where I'm an "outsider". Everyone knows me as "her boyfriend" and nothing more. And to be honest there's nothing more to be known about me because for the entire time I've lived here that's what I've been.

(((((((((((((((((Gentle))))))))))))))))))
Twenty seven years? Thats a long time to spend with someone.
Sounds like your life has changed with your children grown. Isn't it something how in life our roles change? Sometimes you get so use to being one thing (mother, wife, etc) that you forget about those other parts of who you are. Once that role ends, like being a full time mom, you end up having to redefine yourself. What do you do with "you" when the kids are gone? Who are you? I know it's not easy. I'm here if you want to talk.

Naleena said:
(((((((((((((((((Gentle))))))))))))))))))
Twenty seven years? Thats a long time to spend with someone.
Sounds like your life has changed with your children grown. Isn't it something how in life our roles change? Sometimes you get so use to being one thing (mother, wife, etc) that you forget about those other parts of who you are. Once that role ends, like being a full time mom, you end up having to redefine yourself. What do you do with "you" when the kids are gone? Who are you? I know it's not easy. I'm here if you want to talk.

You hit it right on the head
wife, mom
now i have to redefine myself

having a real hard time finding good friends
have acquaintances, but no one i can really talk to

Gentle I am sorry to hear that.

I myself am single and pray that my marriage lasts for years to come, I'd hate to be a divorced single mother with kids. Hopefully God answers my prayers.

I'm in the same place in my life, but you have me beat, I've only been married 22 years.
I'd like to offer some good advice but I don't have any answers yet.
All I know is that it sucks.
Good luck.

(((HUGS)))

gentle0930

Ending ? Why ? Are you working or you housewife ? If you aren't working then get a job, you will be busy just like your husband and the time you will share will be enough for you. Besides being married 27 years and said that your marriage is ending....that is so silly. You have one problem so get straight with it ! Kids grew, that means you have much more time with your husband than before. You do know what he like, right ? You know him atleast 27 years, that is something. I bet you had always little problems, that one of them. Running is the most simple decision and that will mean you don't like him but that isn't true. This is jjust another problem like "I like this show, why did you turn off the TV ?" GET DEAL WITH IT !! You are capable of doing whatever you want, all you need is to DO IT !!!

Latest posts

Back