I Triple Dog Dare You! [Warning: Don't open. ]

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAHP5410821406514442.jpg

Trying to get through this challenge, despite my self-esteem and wanting to kick myself for making this thread. Guess I can appreciate my persistence for that.

my-taste-in-music-is.jpg

lol :club:

568x300_swimming_n.jpg

I can swim like a beast.
... Maybe not quite like this guy, but...

3945_bowling_cat.jpg

13+ years of bowling experience.

Duchamp.jpg

I know how to play Chess.

funny-pictures-cat-likes-his-present.jpg

I can wrap presents to make them look... presentable.

129067486398768304.jpg

I cover my mouth when I sneeze.

tumblr_lpoyztcw051qclt3z1.gif

I can snap my fingers.

Half-way there, finally...

Round 3. . .

internet%20argument.jpg

I don't yell.

candle.jpg

I try to pray often, not for any religion. And not for myself.

1400358Epic_Cheating_Exam_Time.jpg

Stopped cheating on tests/quizzes after elementary school.

appreciatewhatyouhavebeforeitturnsintowhatyouhad.jpg

Learning to find more and more things to appreciate... Like appreciating the irony between #27 and image for #28.

childhood-animated-movie-heroines_51224_14.jpg

I have a girly-girl side.[/img]

anastasia_05.jpg

And a tomboy side.

crazy-frog-bros.gif

The ridiculous things I will do to see someone smile.

162.jpg

I am proud that I wasn't one of those people that stood by and watched bad things happen.
I hate confrontation. But I will protect and fight tooth and nail for those I care for.
It feels good to know I have that kind of courage, instead of being those that standby just say, "I should have" or "Wish I had".
Different story when it comes to standing up for myself.

stairway-to-heaven.jpg

Most nights, I have horrifically vivid nightmares. However... The beautiful dreams, when I do get them, are worth it.

228883631_Trolls_computer_often_burns_xlarge.png

More and more tempted to quit this challenge... To be continued

Too lazy to find some pictures... Enjoy anyways. Or I vill poketh you.

36. I like how I held the door today for an elderly lady.
37. I like that I went to college (even if community) before graduating high school.
38. I like that I flunked out last semester, even if it killed me a little inside. It proved to me that the world won't end over a bad semester.
39. I like that I am experimenting with food... And surprising myself in the process!
40. I like that I blast my music and break out in song in the car... But the moment a car pulls up beside me, I go into stealth mode.
41. I like that I can appreciate the water treatment process after touring the water treatment plant over the summer.
42. I like that I am, indeed, a nerd.
43. I like that I am adventurous, sometimes.
44. I like how I am punctual. (Ha, watch me miss my appointment tomorrow)
45. I like that I can react fast in emergency situations.

Almost there!
7730_napoleon.gif

46. I like that I never know the names of songs, bands, etc... But give me enough time with a piano/keyboard, I can figure out how to play the tune.
47. I like that I can take apart dinosaur PC's and put them back together (which I used to do in middle school)
48. I like that I pick my battles wisely.
49. I like my mind... As interrupted, tormenting, and toxic as it can be.
50. I like being the daughter of my mother... It's a beautiful compliment when others say I am like her, even if I don't always agree.

There... Fifty things!

From first making this thread, my intention was ultimately say good-bye to ALL once I reached my 50th... I am keeping that promise to myself. I need this place, perhaps more than ever. But I think the time has come where I need to not need it anymore.

For those of you who have read this thread... I know I won't be around to threaten you to do this challenge with my stick -- but I sincerely hope you do, someday. All I ask is that you at least start, in some way. It doesn't have be in this thread. Not for me, or anyone else, but yourself. Love yourselves. As I have come to learn, there will be times where that is the only thing you've got to fall back on...

In all my accounts here, I never have once made a thread to announce me leaving (at least, not that I remember!). So, instead of making a thread, I will just announce it here. I've met a handful of people with incredible hearts, here. People that are talented, beautiful, kind -- from the inside out. Some of you... A little weird, strange, misunderstood. But you showed me that it's OK to march to a beat of your own. Many of you have taught me several valuable lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. And seldom those who have reached out while at my lowest -- times where I wasn't so sure if there was going to be a "tomorrow". There are also those have known me from the very beginning (a little over or about two years ago, when I joined). Words will never will never give justice to how thankful I am to have crossed paths with every one of you. Then, there are a couple of those who have touched my life... In ways that they will never imagine possible. You know who you are, and I will keep you in my heart forever.

I wish only but the best for everyone here. Good luck and be good to yourselves.

-ox blood (aka shells)

PS - You guys are stuck with me until a mod can kindly unmember me. Poke-threat still stands. DO THE CHALLENGE. NAO. ;)

Ox Blood said:
46. I like that I never know the names of songs, bands, etc... But give me enough time with a piano/keyboard, I can figure out how to play the tune.
47. I like that I can take apart dinosaur PC's and put them back together (which I used to do in middle school)
48. I like that I pick my battles wisely.
49. I like my mind... As interrupted, tormenting, and toxic as it can be.
50. I like being the daughter of my mother... It's a beautiful compliment when others say I am like her, even if I don't always agree.

There... Fifty things!

From first making this thread, my intention was ultimately say good-bye to ALL once I reached my 50th... I am keeping that promise to myself. I need this place, perhaps more than ever. But I think the time has come where I need to not need it anymore.

For those of you who have read this thread... I know I won't be around to threaten you to do this challenge with my stick -- but I sincerely hope you do, someday. All I ask is that you at least start, in some way. It doesn't have be in this thread. Not for me, or anyone else, but yourself. Love yourselves. As I have come to learn, there will be times where that is the only thing you've got to fall back on...

In all my accounts here, I never have once made a thread to announce me leaving (at least, not that I remember!). So, instead of making a thread, I will just announce it here. I've met a handful of people with incredible hearts, here. People that are talented, beautiful, kind -- from the inside out. Some of you... A little weird, strange, misunderstood. But you showed me that it's OK to march to a beat of your own. Many of you have taught me several valuable lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. And seldom those who have reached out while at my lowest -- times where I wasn't so sure if there was going to be a "tomorrow". There are also those have known me from the very beginning (a little over or about two years ago, when I joined). Words will never will never give justice to how thankful I am to have crossed paths with every one of you. Then, there are a couple of those who have touched my life... In ways that they will never imagine possible. You know who you are, and I will keep you in my heart forever.

I wish only but the best for everyone here. Good luck and be good to yourselves.

-ox blood (aka shells)

PS - You guys are stuck with me until a mod can kindly unmember me. Poke-threat still stands. DO THE CHALLENGE. NAO. ;)

1. I am still here
2. I know I will never give up
3. I am compassionate
4. I am introspective
5. I can be selfless
6. I can be generous
7. I am sharing
8. I like to listen to people
9. I like to help people
10. I want, and try, to be a good person
11. I can be good with words
12. I can, and try to, be wise rather than just clever
13. I am curious
14. I like to understand things, not just know them
15. I believe in the truth
16. I am forgiving
17. I believe in peace and dislike violence
18. I am reasonably good looking
19. I try to remember where and what I really am
20. I am light hearted and have a good sense of humor
21. I roll a mean joint
22. I stuck with Uni and finished, even though I really didn't want to
23. I have nice eyes (so I am told)
24. I am reasonably intelligent
25. I am independant minded
26. I understand the principles behind law
27. I am Libertarian
28. I try not to judge other people
29. I get on with people very easily
30. I understand myself quite well, and I always try to
31. I love and respect nature deeply
32. I want to understand life
33. I am not materialistic
34. I love eating
35. I try to be kind to myself
36. I am sensitive
37. I am kind
38. I like my dress sense
39. I have good skin
40. I am humble
41. I am quick to learn
42. I am openminded
43. I am tolerant
44. I always try to see the good in people
45. I try to avoid feelings of pride
46. I make the most awesome cup of tea
47. I walk alot, and can walk very long distances quite happily
48. I take people as I find them
49. I know there is plenty of room for improvement
50. I know that the most important thing in the world, is love

Thanks for making me do that.

All the best Shells. xx

Just sent in the final second request.

I should poke the hell out of both of you for posting here without 50 (DIFFERENT) things you like about yourself(, Barb (d) ).

Anyone else willing to give it a try? Or maybe a start?

If anyone else should respond, I might not get to it as my account will probably be deleted. Good luck everyone <3

Lonely in BC said:
I'm going to miss your compassion and integrity Shells
I enjoyed our chats, Heath :)

You and the little one take care.
Wish only but the best for both of you.

Barbaloot said:
Bye Shells. :( I'll miss talking about kitties with you.
''
128991654761856534.jpg

<3

Latest posts

Back