I used to write poetry frequently but haven't...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you prolly ought not judge me by one little stanza, so, here's another poem to chew on;

I am a drug dealer
I sell black market pain
death destruction sorrow
and heartache for the shame

I am death incarnate
It is I who bring the end
My sorrow will be spread to all
and all shall feel my pain

I carry worlds on my shoulder
I hold each heartbeat in my hand
through every winter storm I stay
to keep time for the rain

My life becomes a whisper
as I slowly fade away
In twilight become the ghost
of each life I stole today

diamond-dancer said:
Qui said:
You're too complex, I can't perceive
The way you think or how you breathe
I'm drowning in the words you say
And in the silence I fade away

(not trying to steal the spotlight, just didn't want to start a new thread just to post 4 lines of teen poetry, seemed fairly wasteful to me)

Qui,

Your teenage poetry is a lot better than other teenage poetry... It's like the Rolls-Royce of teenage poetry...or the white chocolate and raspberry ice cream of teenage poetry....Mmm... ice cream. Seriously... bad teenage poetry is a global problem.

Lol, why'd go turn this into ice cream and throw me off track with the cold realization that there is no ice cream in my fridge :(

I have to agree that Qui's poems excel well beyond your average stock of teenage poetry :)

I like full poem as well, it's good... and as far as judging by just a single stanza... I had once read years ago that the greatest masters of literature or poetry became such because they had edited or simplified their art to the point where the least words had the most power and effect. So a short single stanza poem could possibly do what pages of stanzas may not... just a thought :)

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” -Leonardo da Vinci

“Simplicity is the glory of expression” -Walt Whitman quotes (poet)

“Simplicity is natures first step, and the last of art.” -Philip James Bailey (poet)

“There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit.” -Alexander Pope (Poet I admire a lot)

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance” -Bruce Lee

-On the Subject of Debates Done Without Factual Data and Proper Citation-

Mindless meanderings to and fro
as the river flows and the wind blows.
What course has the navigator to show?
Who knows!

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Mindless meanderings to and fro
as the river flows and the wind blows.
What course has the navigator to show?
Who knows!

:D That's cute.
Who knows? Not I!

This is a old poem I wrote back when I was 18 or 19. I was thinking about how people even after death can still live by the effect they made on someone in life. People think about their family members and friends that have died, and that very action in it's own way makes a home and an existence for that deceased person inside the heart and mind of a loved one... I was thinking about how that in itself is a form of immortality. I was never really happy with the poem, and it's gone through a few edits over the years, but I can never seem to make it right... so that's why I never posted it with the others... I'll just post it as it is.

Memory Immortal

There is a world within my mind, a place set just for you.
Although I may never meet you, this place I have thought through.
It is a world set for unknowns, a place of thoughts like mist,
a place live of it's own accord, a place that DOES exist.

So simply would we walk about, concerning just ourselves,
but in this world, live on it's own, their lies in wisdom- wealth.
So as you go about your day, as your eyes vacate this page,
remember that in a strangers mind, your life forever stays.

This life within another's mind may live until they die,
depending upon your effect on them, your life may already be done.
So think of how you can help someone else,
Take concern of all things save your own,
and in the end you may be immortal,
as in memory you live on.

Reading it through again after so long I think I see why I was never happy with it, but I'll leave it up anyway, flawed though it may be.

Besides, it serves as a reminder of how my thoughts and art have developed, and brings to mind the flaws and imperfections I have long worked at hammering out over time and through life and experience.

And feel free to post your own poems here Qui, they are quite good... same goes for anyone else, if you don't want to start up a thread of your own I don't mind having them in here :)

:) alright, here's one from when I was 13-14ish.

Give me a pencil and an eraser,
Then I am god of all paper!
I can draw whatever I want
create men, both large and gaunt
With an eraser I take them away,
Though they might be back some day
Giant forests, mammoth seas
A drop of water, and death of trees
From my hands comes forth the earth
All of it's death and back to it's birth
Frozen forever in one single breath
Mocking all with a feint of death
But ice I melt back to water
Become the seas, ocean's daughter
Pen in hand I pass out wings
So silently in flight bird sings
This world is mine, yes, I nod
For with this pencil, I am god.

*applauds* Bravo!
That was great... love the imagery... and a very accurate description of the power of the pencil too! Thanks for sharing it! :)

Lost in the Oilfield said:
*applauds* Bravo!
That was great... love the imagery... and a very accurate description of the power of the pencil too! Thanks for sharing it! :)

yeah I still remember writing that too, I was sitting in class and my friend and I where doodling in my notebook, having a bit of a stick figure fight. I turned the page and wrote that in like 10 minutes while she was watching me, she was like, omfg wtf is that? it was fairly humorous her initial reaction. She was like, where's that come from? Well, it came from somewhere in my head where I was trying really hard not to pay attention in french class. lol.

I walk amongst hills and valleys,
through wood and over stream,
past the animals grazing in the sunset snow,
and through the winds that blow at mountains peak,
I stand at dusk and dawn and watch the sun crest the earth
I watch the world turn and spin through the frozen depths of space
I watch the people run through their days hurried and sullen lost in their thoughts
Lost in the moment, spending each second like dirty copper pennies;
both worthless unless piled together in greater numbers
I die a little each day

One thing I know is that the best stuff I've come up with has been during some of the worst times in my life. I think it's those times when you're tired of BS and you cut straight to the heart. That's when all the crap falls by the wayside and you're left with something beautiful and true.

Well, this is it.
This could be my turning point.
This is my moment of truth,
to go bravely into my bright future,
or to slip painfully back into my bloody past.
One hand holds the pen
that draws out circles in the sky,
the other runs with crimson tears.
When half my face is lit
by these stage lights and upturned faces
the other lies in shadows of deceit.
The pain of slit wrists will remind me,
and I pray not to forget.
I am alive, for the first time in my life.
I'm not afraid to go too fast, of the collision
my fatal heart hits that endless sky.
I will die. Before I ever get there,
But today that doesn't matter, anymore.
I am alive, for the first time in my life.
I won't survive the collapse, but that is fine,
Because for once, today I see
And see so clearly that the life
that is worth living is never free,
and all that matters is what's between
the steely knives of yesterday
and broad minds of tomorrow,
in between there is me.

ok, anyway. sorry, I didn't mean to write a poem. That just came out, and wayyy too fast, I'll go back and edit/delete it later prolly, but whatever. Anyway, I miss you guys and it's only been a week since I've been grounded! >_< No idea when I'll get my computer back, but I've still got my guitar so you can be sure that I won't up and die while I'm away :p well, I got my computer taken away and I'm at my friends house right now. My mom made me choose between my electric guitar and my computer >_< But I suppose I deserved to be grounded. Ah well, lessons learned; pay attention, only lie when you can get away with it, don't get caught. It was a three for one. :D But whatever, I'll try to make good choices, and not get stuck in the hole I've spent so long climbing out of... as mentioned in the above poem, product of a minute long spontaneous mental spasm. Too bad it came the moment I stopped working on that song I'm supposed to be penning lyrics for..... urgh, what a pain.

Borne Hopeless said:
One thing I know is that the best stuff I've come up with has been during some of the worst times in my life. I think it's those times when you're tired of BS and you cut straight to the heart. That's when all the crap falls by the wayside and you're left with something beautiful and true.

This is true BH.

Great poem Qui rushing to work, no time to make a better response.

Ah I wrote a song. Well, my friend wrote it. I just penned the lyrics. When I finalize them I'll throw them up here. Throw them up. That pretty accurately describes the way that I write lyrics. Word vomit. Ah, I freak myself out sometimes.

:) thanks Lito. I was writing anothe one today, dunno how far I'll get on it though. Eh, I'm too sleepy to do more today.

right on... well, I made two songs while driving today... not sure how they'll be, but I recorded them on my camera... have a tune and everything, but I'll have to check them out to see if the song can be hear over the sound of the car... anyway, I gotta get up in less than five hours for my first day back to work... hey what genre would you class your bands music as?

Latest posts

Back