I was responsive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFrozenSoul

Reaction score
I am sorry for the bland title, but I don't know what else I could really say.

This past weekend I attended a an anime convention. Not really a big deal since I always attend those. However, this time I managed to lose track of my tag-along roommate and be on my own during the more social portion of the convention, Saturday night. You know during the rave/dance and stuff. Normally he is chained to me, and ditching him was not the positive thing, it was just what allowed me to be responsive.

So what do I mean by "responsive"? Well the first thing is that I had a sort of conversation with another guy. It started out as a short conversation about my character. Then it progressed past that point into a short bit about how to choose a song in a rhythm game. Normally I try to escape, but I stuck around and spoke with him. It was a nice accomplishment I felt confident.

The next thing was in the Rave at the convention. Most static people stand out like sore thumbs in raves. By static I mean people just standing around by themselves. So you get people who just jump in front of you and try to get you dancing or moving. Normally I just stand there a bit freaked out, but this time I reacted to the situation. Well small gestures, but I did more than just look terrified.

Even better, I was not intoxicated, I mean yeah I had a drink but it was consumed slowly and I had a full stomach, so I was not feeling any of the usual effects that I rely on. So yeah I was able to escape those feelings of fear and try to have fun like I do on my own.

Latest posts

Back