I wish I had company

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles86

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a mum of a 4mth old baby. I should be happy but I'm not. I feel so isolated and alone. I guess I'm looking for someone to chat with about anything and everything. I don't have many friends, most stopped contacting me when I had the baby. It's not just now though, I've felt lonely for a long time. I get anxiety and find myself at home all the time. I have a lot of time at home to think to myself and its really not helping. I guess I've lost faith in people in general. I'm a girl of my word. I say what I mean and I do what I say. Noone else seems to be like that. I've had a few close friends in the past and have been really close, and then the disappear and I just feel used. It seems a viscious cycle and here I am left hurt. Anyway, I don't really know what else to say....

Welcome, Giggles. I know how it feels to have a baby and feel like you're being abandoned by your friends. Staying busy helps. Are you able to take baby out for walks, to get out of the house at all? That could help too.

Hey Giggles, welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for here.

Giggles86 said:
Hi,
I'm a mum of a 4mth old baby. I should be happy but I'm not. I feel so isolated and alone. I guess I'm looking for someone to chat with about anything and everything. I don't have many friends, most stopped contacting me when I had the baby. It's not just now though, I've felt lonely for a long time. I get anxiety and find myself at home all the time. I have a lot of time at home to think to myself and its really not helping. I guess I've lost faith in people in general. I'm a girl of my word. I say what I mean and I do what I say. Noone else seems to be like that. I've had a few close friends in the past and have been really close, and then the disappear and I just feel used. It seems a viscious cycle and here I am left hurt. Anyway, I don't really know what else to say....

Welcome:)
I am also a mom, and can relate to this completely. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am usually logged in.

Do you think it could be postpartum depression? I'm not really knowledgeable about it but I know it can be significant

Hi Giggles, welcome to the forum, in your situation I would also have post partum depression :D
well, I hope you find other moms to exchange views with.

Hi and welcome to the site.:)

It's a long time since I was a mum 24 years in fact but if you need any help just ask.
Are there any mum and new baby groups in your area where you could meet others in the same situation. Or perhaps as Callie said taking your baby out for a walk and you may meet other new mums too.

Giggles86 said:
Hi,

Hello welcome to the site. Sorry you feel that way, at least here you can speak to other people.

Your username reminds me of someone I used to know...

Hi and welcome! :)
Parenting a new baby is very tough! Congrats on your little one. I hope you like it here! :)

-Teresa

hiii!! honestly its like you wher reading a page out of my life lol..its the same story here. but my son is 2 soo nott a lil baby like your precious lil one. its hard i no but hang in ther evrythin gona be OK! just dont bring your self dpwn over evrything like i uset to.smile you have un angel :)

Latest posts

Back