I wish I was handsome.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tproc said:
I really, really wish I was handsome. If I was handsome maybe I'd be confident enough to get a girlfriend, and maybe I wouldn't feel so alone all the time.

But I look at pretty girls and they depress me because I know that they'll never like a guy who looks like I do. I was at a party last night and some guy felt sorry for me and decided to try and introduce a girl to me. He told her my name and pointed me out, she looked at me and then shook her head and went back to ignoring me.

I wish I was handsome but it's never going to happen and the best I can hope for is that some girl will eventually lower her standards enough that she'll settle for me.

Ok, me telling you, that I think you are like SUPER Fine, does you no good if it is in your mind/heart that you are not.
But you gotta know, EVERYONE has beauty, everyone! not everyone has the same beauty, but unique beauty... you have a beauty that nobody else on this earth has.... we all have a uniqueness and I think that is awesome... like a snowflake.. no 2 are ever the same.

*hugs*
xoxo

I seen your profile pic and read the first sentence of your post and thought... "you're kidding right..this must be a joke. " :p You look just fine! Hopefully that wasn't creepy. But yeah thought I'd say my two cents.

You're 16 years old, at that age Status is the thing that counts the most trust me. I`ve lived in 3 different countries so far and this has always been the case.

Lots of Girls around your age group Love guys with status.

Girls who date because of status aren't worth dating, if you want a meaningful relationship that is.

A lot of people in their mid teens with status are bullies and jerks, not all of them but a lot of them so its not a bad thing to not have a high status.

Your not ugly tproc, I can't say that your handsome because I'm a guy but all these Girls have definitely got a unanimous opinion on that subject :)

I kind of find these posts funny. I mean looking at you you are clearly good enough looking so I agree that this is probably more of a confidence issue. The part that kind of irks me is how you go on to say that pretty girls depress you. Hmm. because thats all you want a pretty girl? So you are over looking every fantastic, intelligent, fun, unique, loving, caring, loyal girl simply because maybe she isn't the best looking. Isn't that exactly what you are upset over people doing to you?

Okay whats the deal here? I saw the OP on 4chan doing the exact same thing, posting the same pics he has on here, add to that, this guy never replies to his own threads, just keeps saying that hes ugly, Im pretty sure theres some trolling going on here...either that or this guy needs to get some self esteem

you are not bad looking, but you probably lack the self-confidence. if it can be of any help, watch how true ugly guys don't care about their looks and still get the girls. watch how they do it. then try some of their techniques. practice makes perfect.

Tproc,
women are overrated. I am 17 and engaged to a fellow 17 year old. She thinks I'm attractive but frankly, I disagree. Even though I have a girl I have never been lonelier than I am now! All you need is to find like, 2 friends to rely on and your good to go! When you find a chick who sees that your an attractive person, your set. But take it from someone who knows when I say, for god's sake don't rush it!
cheers,
:)

17!! Unless that's an arranged marriage, that's a bit soon don't you think? Just because your convinced your unattractive doesn't mean you have to marry the first girl who begs to differ.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not being harsh or rude here and I hope it works out for you both. But proposing at that age is crazy.

Pezza said:
17!! Unless that's an arranged marriage, that's a bit soon don't you think? Just because your convinced your unattractive doesn't mean you have to marry the first girl who begs to differ.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not being harsh or rude here and I hope it works out for you both. But proposing at that age is crazy.

I have no way out of it anymore! I understand the insanity of it all, and sometimes wish that I could just get out of my situation. Everyone says the same thing, and it's not like I'm ignorant or in denial, I just don't want to let her down. (she's extraordinarily clingy!) *occasional cringe*

Tyriune said:
Tproc,
women are overrated. I am 17 and engaged to a fellow 17 year old. She thinks I'm attractive but frankly, I disagree. Even though I have a girl I have never been lonelier than I am now! All you need is to find like, 2 friends to rely on and your good to go! When you find a chick who sees that your an attractive person, your set. But take it from someone who knows when I say, for god's sake don't rush it!
cheers,
:)

Those two remarks are key.

I don't think I've ever heard a guy say women are overrated when he's engaged or in a happy relationship. If your engaged or in a serious relationship and very lonely something is very wrong.

It sounds like not only do you definitely not want to get married. You might not even want to be dating her at all.

From your latest post you sound like you know that. Yeah, it is very hard to really hurt someone. It's easy to say just tell your, but its much harder to actually do it.

Just if your married to someone you really don't want to be the chances of it working are extremely slim. You don't want to be married for a bunch of stressful years and then divorced, especially if you end up with a child.

It's not fair to her to be marrying someone that isn't crazy about her. She probably thinks your madly in love with her and can't wait to get engaged. A girl wants to marry a guy that is excited to marry her. You need to tell her the truth, it's not fair to her and you. Whether you want to cancel the wedding and keep dating or completely break up with her.

It can cause a ton of pain now, but save yourself even more later on. Again though, it's easy for me to say talk to her if I'm not the one having to.

Oh and your belief that having a girl that is attracted to you is all you need then you would be excited, not lonely. The good news is if a girl at 17 wanted to marry you then others would find you attractive as well.

Latest posts

Back