Idle hands

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
Boredom over the last hour or so lead to this polaroid digital painting...

Nice! But my first impression when seeing it? Creepy. The dark strip to the right looks like an inky spirit. Come up with an eerie title and it could be the poster for a film about a possessed camera whose photographed subjects are doomed to death by a black, spectral demon. :D

Thank you. :)

I'm working on another one at the moment. I go through stages of doing lots of "painting" like this. I'm pretty much only good at Polaroids and cameras but I do try other things.

I love when it turns out looking like the thing it was supposed to look like! :rolleyes:

MadMonkè said:
what are you using to draw?

I did all these on pixlr though I have used sumopaint for others. It's a bit tricky because I don't have a drawing tablet or anything I just use the touchpad mouse on my laptop.

annik said:
MadMonkè said:
what are you using to draw?

I did all these on pixlr though I have used sumopaint for others. It's a bit tricky because I don't have a drawing tablet or anything I just use the touchpad mouse on my laptop.

That is really good for a touchpad! I can barely draw a straight line with it.

Lost for now said:

Thanks! I know it can be really hard. I don't really do it seriously enough to get a tablet though and I've heard they still take ages to get used to as well.

annik said:
Lost for now said:

Thanks! I know it can be really hard. I don't really do it seriously enough to get a tablet though and I've heard they still take ages to get used to as well.

I've had one for over a year now and there's not one thing half as good as yours that I've made so far. :p

annik said:
A few more from today...

Not really sure about this one. :(

Don’t be daft I like this one a lot, the colours are nice and vivid, gives it an almost Warhol feel. When oh when are you going to start making prints of these?

Lost for now said:
I've had one for over a year now and there's not one thing half as good as yours that I've made so far. :p

Well I only post the one's that work out! :D

Lost Drifter said:
Don’t be daft I like this one a lot, the colours are nice and vivid, gives it an almost Warhol feel. When oh when are you going to start making prints of these?

Thanks, that's the good thing about Holga's they are great colours.

Hmm I never think they are good enough quality for prints. Though I could see myself doing prints of paintings more than photos.

More of the same :rolleyes:

I tried a vector style tonight, just a note I've no idea what I'm doing with vector!

I love the second camera - with the bold colours, going outside the lines, and the black marks on the front look sort of like dents, or maybe dirt.
It feels clunky, used but joyful.

Latest posts

Back