If an intruder came into your home what would you do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of us would probably grab the shotgun. I'd probably grab the .22 since it's the only gun I know I can shoot.

Most likely I'd shank him/her between the ribs, as my tactical folder is near me at all times. Or I'd grab my cane & bludgeon whatever parts of his body I can most easily reach as quickly as I could. That oughtta fix the problem.

VanillaCreme said:
One of us would probably grab the shotgun. I'd probably grab the .22 since it's the only gun I know I can shoot.

I knew there was something I liked about you. Women with shooting abilities are always alluring.

Grab my cat and cell phone and run to the bathroom. Or maybe I would kick his ass. Not sure which one I actually do.

Thinking that the country you live in might have a bearing here. On balance, in Europe there is far tighter laws about guns, and also on balance, nothing like as many armed home invasions. Which is not to say they don't happen.

Me - I have a dog, so hopefully he would have barked his head off and they might have thought twice about it. Most likely it would be teenagers or opportunists, so I would call the gendarmes as the little sods ran away! Who knows, les poulets might even turn up in an hour or five....

I'm not a violent person by any means but I will do what I need to do to protect myself... I do have p85 & 3 15 round clips & 18 gauge pump shot gun my dad used to own for hunting... I don't hunt but I do keep the shotgun around...

jaguarundi said:
Thinking that the country you live in might have a bearing here. On balance, in Europe there is far tighter laws about guns, and also on balance, nothing like as many armed home invasions. Which is not to say they don't happen.

Wow! I'm thinking that too.

As for me, calling 911 would be my first thought.

jaguarundi said:

Me - I have a dog, so hopefully he would have barked his head off and they might have thought twice about it. Most likely it would be teenagers or opportunists, so I would call the gendarmes as the little sods ran away! Who knows, les poulets might even turn up in an hour or five....

I'm not some Libertarian gun nut--frankly I think our gun laws need some revision--but your last comment highlights one of the reasons some of us prefer to stay armed. The cops don't get here right away, either. I've had to call them or see them arrive both personally & as a professional requirement, more than once. The best response time I've seen for a 911 call was two minutes, 35 seconds. But I've seen the police take 40 minutes to show up. When an assault starts--in your home, on the street, wherever--if things go wrong you can get killed in less than 20 seconds, let alone two minutes! On my side of the pond, by the time the fuzzmobile pulls up whatever they were called for is already over, & all the cops do is talk to you, ask some questions, file a report, & put up yellow tape around the area if there are dead anywhere within it.

Also, "les poulets"? I thought "poulet" meant "chicken"...If cops in France have that kinda nickname, it does not inspire confidence!... :D

If someone's breaking into my house more than likely they're going to hope I'm not home.
More than likely you could just make a lot of noise to make them run away.

MTrip said:
jaguarundi said:

I'm not some Libertarian gun nut--frankly I think our gun laws need some revision--but your last comment highlights one of the reasons some of us prefer to stay armed. The cops don't get here right away, either. I've had to call them or see them arrive both personally & as a professional requirement, more than once. The best response time I've seen for a 911 call was two minutes, 35 seconds. But I've seen the police take 40 minutes to show up. When an assault starts--in your home, on the street, wherever--if things go wrong you can get killed in less than 20 seconds, let alone two minutes! On my side of the pond, by the time the fuzzmobile pulls up whatever they were called for is already over, & all the cops do is talk to you, ask some questions, file a report, & put up yellow tape around the area if there are dead anywhere within it.

Also, "les poulets"? I thought "poulet" meant "chicken"...If cops in France have that kinda nickname, it does not inspire confidence!... :D

[youtube]oSP3LF2K4k4[/youtube]

Try to talk to him, and if that fails, try to fight him. That is, if alone. If with someone, the possibility of my companion getting hurt is higher, so I would give him something I guess..

MTrip said:
VanillaCreme said:

I knew there was something I liked about you. Women with shooting abilities are always alluring.

Haha, not so fast. I say the .22 because I've been taught how to shoot it. Not so bad with aim either. But the shotguns and the rifles... I've been told they would put me on my ass. I haven't even attempted to shoot those. :club:

VanillaCreme said:
MTrip said:
VanillaCreme said:

Haha, not so fast. I say the .22 because I've been taught how to shoot it. Not so bad with aim either. But the shotguns and the rifles... I've been told they would put me on my ass. I haven't even attempted to shoot those. :club:

I was taught on a .22 for the same reason. I don't have "my" .22 anymore, though, because my ex took it with him. (it IS his, but he did tell me I could keep it here :club: )
I do have a few bb guns here (a handgun and a shotgun). Might not do a lot of damage, but they do look real, so they would likely scare someone enough to run off. If not, I also have crowbars, bats, shovels, knives, rolling pins, cast iron skillets, pepper spray, bug spray....I'll do what I have to do to protect my kids and myself.

Yeah, I have my pellet pistol. Although, I need to fix the gas cartridge holder for it. And I really wanted to re-do it somehow. The more I look at it, the more I like it how it is though.

Calculate the odds. See if there's a pacifist approach (maybe the intruder is a friendly person - police officer etc).

Failing that, hold the top of the stairs, and hurl heavy objects (tin cans, hoovers, a ladder) as they attempt to climb. Chances are the force and weight would throw them off balance and back down the stairs suffering a possible broken back and worst case scenario, broken neck.

Assuming sufficiently injured to be immobile, call ambulance and then police.

Grab Kid and get out- everything's insured.

If I find out who he/she is after- they'd better have disability insurance.

-Scarey enough, I have had someone attempt to break into my place in the middle of the night. They managed to get a window partway open before my dog (who is no higher than my knee but has the bark of a big dog) managed to scare them off. -
I would sneak my family out the back and over the neighbour's fence, if possible. If not, hide in the closet with a sharp knife. And hope that I can remember the moves I learned in self-defense 5 years ago lol

I'd probably lock myself in a room and try to call the police (hopefully my phone would be with me). But it's a scary situation to think about.. hmm. Perhaps I should prepare myself, just in case.

I will see what kind of intruder they are...
If they have bad intents then I will probably fight him off with anything I can find, not firearms though.
I don't really fear death so, he better prepared :)

Latest posts

Back