If I Could Cry...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

If I could cry a river,
a river would have run.

To let go is the hardest thing,
under this desert sun.

To speak the words of all,
and then see them come undone.

Leads to pain that ends in sleepless nights,
and less time in the sun.

If i had cried a river,
you would have never known.

For telling of tears is never,
something I will ever own.

I cut off speech without a word,
because words will not amend.

I could not speak to ask for more,
because I could not ask you to bend.

Some things are better left unsaid,
and so my hands encased,

the very thing that I have felt,
will henceforth be erased.

My head will turn away from you,
you will not understand.

Please know that I don't hate you,
I just can't go back to then.

Poetry is too underrated. Well done for having the guts to come out with this, I'd be grateful if you wanna PM me :)

Ps i don't know what this is about, but i can relate to some of the last bits. I had a friend who saved my life. He was very stupid, done things he shouldn't have done... I felt it best to keep what I thought to myself and this affected out friendship for many months. Eventually i told him, we haven't spoke since.

:/ I am not very good with poetry. Why does someone have to be around for your crying? I mean crying should make you feel better. Purge the negative emotions, so that only the positive ones remain.

If i could cry.. I cried so much last 2 years that i have no tears left.. Now when i want to cry i end up making funny faces without even a drop of tear coming out.. i find it strange.. how can tears dry out.. ?

AFrozenSoul said:
:/ I am not very good with poetry. Why does someone have to be around for your crying? I mean crying should make you feel better. Purge the negative emotions, so that only the positive ones remain.

it doesn't make you feel better if you continuously cry over and over again for the same reason for months. :/

I'm not the very good with words so I'll just keep it short and sweet a very nice poem look forward to more to come. (Hint)

SophiaGrace said:
it doesn't make you feel better if you continuously cry over and over again for the same reason for months. :/
Well, sounds like you need a solution to the cause of your crying. Maybe break the addiction you have to it.

AFrozenSoul said:
SophiaGrace said:
Well, sounds like you need a solution to the cause of your crying. Maybe break the addiction you have to it.

Or find a reason for why you're crying.

Woz said:
AFrozenSoul said:
SophiaGrace said:

Or find a reason for why you're crying.

I know the reason why I cry and the poem is about me getting rid of the reason. o_O

All around is desolation,
My eyes don't see the things around.

Cling to shards that cut my skin,
forget the words that sing a song.

Hate the wounds and hold them tight,
these are things that nudge and bite.

Go for things that leave you bare,
turn away from things there.

Accept the love you think you deserve,
and leave yourself without a word.

When words speak,
no answer given.