If I had met you online...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwasaloverb4thiswar

Reaction score
LOL okay so this is a little silly but nobody is in the chat so what's a girl to do? Post inane threads, that's what.

This is just an observation, and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this too: Since becoming an active member here, I have started to notice people in real life more and more, in terms of how I would know them differently if I had met them here. Like, what would they be willing to share that they are gaurded about in reality? It seems to have awakened this extra source of empathy and love for me, and I am more able to get past my own insecurities about bieng socially vulnerable if I think of other people as just struggling people like me. Well, duh, I think we all know that, but the difference in knowing that and truly seeing people that way is big. So for some reason, lately, if I think about everyone I meet as an ALL member, at the universal scale, it makes me want to go and give everyone a hug :p Not in a pitying way, but in a 'hey, you're really cool, I'm glad your here!" kind of way, and even though I have always felt that, bieng able to EXPRESS that has always been hard, and recently it hasn't. If that makes any sense at all, lol.

Oh and another thing someone pointed out to me in chat the other day, and I have felt this too and again just wanted to see if anyone else had; when talking to ppl you meet online that are NOT from ALL, do you find yourself thinking that something is wrong if the conversation doesn't include the same kindness and concern that is present here? Ok lol that probably sounds crazy, I'll elaborate. All of my interactions here are by no stretch of the imagination serious and filled with heavy emotional weight (ha!), but its like I find myself always waiting for others to start telling me whats really going on so that we can bond or something.

LOL, ok yeah, I'm nutz :p This is why Sarah stays away from the forum anymore...I take myself entirely too seriously lmao.

lmao you do make me laugh sarah but i think i know what you mean.If i ever talk to someone online who isnt from here i often keep waiting for them to say something really deep or kind but it doesnt happen lol im not saying those kind of people dont exist away from here cause obviously they do but their much much harder to find lol
its great you wanna go round giving everyone hugs though :D as long as they dont think your crazy ... although they would be half right :p haha no no i dont mean that :) lol

Haha, yeah I know exactly what you mean. This site have definitely helped me to open up to others. I've been trying some online dating lately, and I write these really long letters to people full of emotions and personal questions to people I've never talked to, and then I get a mail back with like, one line in it. So disappointing ^^

Most people probably aren't used to other people being so open. Give it a little time and I'm sure that they'll soften up

hmmm I should start thinking like that it would make me feel more comfortable around people, this reminds me of the old thing where your supposed to picture the audience naked to make presentations easier lol but that one is stupid and doesn't work lol

Ha I've been here since October and I'm still having a bit of trouble with opening up.
I rewrote my reply to that cutting thread like 80 times, and now I'm going to go delete it because I'm afraid you'll all think less of me for it.
But I know what you mean. I've noticed it too.

Latest posts

Back