If there are so many "different" people... Than how are we diffrent?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijacc

Reaction score
I don't understand that, and being different in TODAY'S society is kinda a good thing.

We are different in every single way. Even the things we think we are similar, there would be a difference in that as well.

It's true, most of the differences between each individual aren't even visible. It'll be found in the small things they do when talking, standing, eating etc. It's the small habits that breed individuality. Usually the differences are too small to be able to identify clearly, all you really get is the vibe that each person gives off.

Everyone should be proud to be unique. There is only one person who has walked the exact path that your life has lead until now.

No what I mean is alot of people are labeled as "diffrent" but if those people are different then aren't they the same?

Anonymouse said:
Hijacc said:
No what I mean is alot of people are labeled as "diffrent" but if those people are different then aren't they the same?

Difference is difference. Not all dogs are the same.

.... Nevermind.

I think I know what you mean. People labeled as different or "deviant" by society. Would these deviants not then be similar to other deviants? Yes and no, they are similar in the sense that a major aspect of their life goes against the grain, however they aren't in the sense that they are a unique individual.

I guess in a broad sense yes deviants are similar to each other. They can relate based on the thing that segregates them from society. This could be different from person to person, however such a vice existing within yourself does connect you to other deviants who have their own vices.

jbates said:
I think I know what you mean. People labeled as different or "deviant" by society. Would these deviants not then be similar to other deviants? Yes and no, they are similar in the sense that a major aspect of their life goes against the grain, however they aren't in the sense that they are a unique individual.

I guess in a broad sense yes deviants are similar to each other. They can relate based on the thing that segregates them from society. This could be different from person to person, however such a vice existing within yourself does connect you to other deviants who have their own vices.

Yeah

You know it is funny. We all say we want to be different, but many people flock to others who are the same as them?

Or in my case people run away from me because of what makes me different.

Hijacc said:
.... being different in TODAY'S society is kinda a good thing.

For quite a long time people have prided themselves on being different, just like everyone else.

It is the lack of this desire to be different that puzzles some.

Everyone have different awareness or truth. In this way we are all the same.

Being the same or commonalities gives a person a level of comfort. As in relating to another human being.
I'm different becuase I can kick your Ass? (better than ya!):p

Lonesome Crow said:

Being the same or commonalities gives a person a level of comfort. As in relating to another human being.
You know I wonder if everyone's perception of reality is different. Or if it is possible for two different to share the same perception of reality.

Yeah you could kick my ass... but that is something anyone can do.

AFrozenSoul said:
Lonesome Crow said:

You know I wonder if everyone's perception of reality is different. Or if it is possible for two different to share the same perception of reality.

Yeah you could kick my ass... but that is something anyone can do.

hahahaha...

ok, lets ask a simple question pretaining to perceptions.
How do chicken taste to you?
I know we're talking about chicken..but how dose it taste like to you?
There's no way for me to know exactly what chicken taste like to you.
I know what chicken tasted like to me...It taste like chicken :p

Even if I just mention the word chicken...what image of a chicken
run across your mind? Do you picture a hen? A roster? A bucket of KFC?
A home cooked roasted chicken? Or somethings else..maybe a hawt babe licking a drum stick?lol

Or maybe you don't even have an image run across your mind...maybe you hear sounds of chickens.
or maybe a flavor of a chicken ran across your mind.

You can try to communicate to me in so many words or
maybe try to paint an image of a chicken that ran across your mind
as best you can so that I might get a general idea of what your
perception or image of a chicken is by associating what my perception
of what a chicken is through my own personal experience of what a
chicken is.
Never the less your perception wouldn't be exactly how I imagined it.

Even if we were sitting in the same room, sitting in the same position,
at the same time...your view would differ from mine...becuase you
would notice or focus on certain items and process whatever data
in your own way that I wouldn't. In this way we see with our brains and not our eyes.
In this way our perceptions would never be exactly the
same...But that's what makes us the same..we associate, process and
perceive everything different. In other words...Our reality.

And it's not posiable for us both to be at the same exaclty location
at the sametime...So our perceptions and experince will never be the same.

At the sametime our URV differ. I don't see the same shade of
coloures as you do. Our sense our different. I might feel the room is a little warm.
You might feel the room temperature is comforting.

Ok..let say you and I got into a scuffle as an example:
you're reality would be getting pounced on.
My reality would be pouncing on ya.

Anywho...you wanna explain or express me what a chicken taste like to ya? :p

It tastes like pussy (I know that's what you wanted to hear, rocket!) lol

Lonesome Crow:Yeah we cannot have the exact same experience. I guess I was just thinking about my generic perception of reality. I don't know, I just wonder if some can just Lon at me and think the exact same thing.

As How chicken tastes, generally I love chicken... it tastes like...ummm... happy. I guess I am eatting too much these days because my mind is less happy about the though of chicken.

Sanal said:
It tastes like pussy (I know that's what you wanted to hear, rocket!) lol

CAT! He means cat, Eve!

You better be thankful, Zak, I just saved your butt.

Latest posts

Back