Is depression caused by.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelessincheshire

Reaction score
Is depression caused by our subconscious and better understanding of pure morality, accepting we cannot change the perverse society we now have?

Where I have been able to fully understand parts of how society can and does produce a less than ideal living system for what I believe we were created for, is depression a systematic expectation of our own knowledge of our existential crisis?

There are many people who freely indulge in immoral behaviour and willingly inhabit perverse circles of society that also suffer depression. You are talking from your own point of view of course because there are a myriad opinions of what is an "ideal living system" and ideas of what "we were created for". Sometimes I think that the deeper we try to understand things or the more expectations of life we have, the less satisfied with things we are, causing a widening gap of disenchantment. And also, in this day and age, with so much contamination all around us, our brains must be affected in some way.

I guess that is your understanding of it ie about my own personal viewpoint, Im explaining it from a "moral" perspective though. From the viewpoint of knowledge between good and bad, you have to know what good is to know what is bad and vice versa.
If everyone around you became immoral and you were trying to keep your morals clearly your own point of view could be argued, but fundamentally on the principle of what morals are judged by good or bad, much like a compass, you have to know north is not the same direction as south.
Your effectively watching society move in one direction (together......as individuals making up a whole collective) while your aware you want to move in another direction. One example might be say, your told you have inalienable God given rights, but when you try to excercise them your clearly made aware you only have societal priviledges, or to be clear...your told you are "free" but if you try to walk out of your country your stopped, searched and held back or prevented. While this might be my viewpoint to agree on acknowledgement, it is fundamentally self evident.

Depression might come from learning you have no ownership rights, no autonomy on your ability to provide your own water, food, housing or medical care for others, your ability to secure gainful income is electronically prevented via your national insurance number, or your ability to eat good healthy food is reduced to which supermarket you can attend or what your budget allows, or how they are all linked together.

There are thousands of examples where your choices are reduced to which side door, left or right, you want to enter the slaughterhouse, but your choice to be left alone to your principle moral guidance to no harm or loss is not recognized?

Morality is subjective and has evolved. I believe that if no harm is being done then an action isn’t immoral, but others would disagree with that.

You’re raising other tangential points that will take this thread all over the place so I won’t address those.

It’s time for bed anyway. All the best.

Morality is subjective and has evolved. I believe that if no harm is being done then an action isn’t immoral, but others would disagree with that.

You’re raising other tangential points that will take this thread all over the place so I won’t address those.

It’s time for bed anyway. All the best.
Could it also be argued some of the "many people who freely indulge in immoral behaviour and willingly inhabit perverse circles of society that also suffer depression" because they would also be suffering a subconscious knowledge of their lifestyle meeting the expectations of a society that makes ample encouragement and offers a short lived protective bubble for such behaviours and so without society in its form now be the cause of their own depression?

If we consider "remorse" some people show tears because they have accepted their behaviour was wrong upon reflection of a moral standpoint or benchmark, while others express tears because their ability to indulge has been prevented, again due to moving outside of a moral line drawn from say prevention?

Could it also be argued ....... they would also be suffering a subconscious knowledge of their lifestyle meeting the expectations of a society that makes ample encouragement and offers a short lived protective bubble for such behaviours and so without society in its form now be the cause of their own depression?

If we consider "remorse" some people show tears because they have accepted their behaviour was wrong upon reflection of a moral standpoint or benchmark, while others express tears because their ability to indulge has been prevented, again due to moving outside of a moral line drawn from say prevention?
You're getting too deep for me.

Latest posts

Back