If you met a younger version of yourself....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost Boy

Reaction score
I don't know if a thread for this but I felt like asking you guys. Let's say you somehow went back in time and you met yourself as a child, maybe before their first day of high school, middle school or maybe their very first day of school. What advice would you give them with in mind the inevitability of the craziness they'll face during their school life and/or life in general? Or would you just pants them and walk away?

Give them a hug a tell them everything turns out alright,at least up till now does
Tell them not to freak out so much over social situations, focus on hobbies and do what you want
Don't try to fight things you can't control is other people and such

I'd tell her that as much as she hates all of the attention and the loneliness, she needs to follow the plan to start college by the time she's 13 or so.

Don't get in the car with your brother on the way to university in december. He's gonna crash it

I'd tell myself to brace myself for the future and to ignore all those stupid petty problems and focus on the important things that I'd have to face. Also buy Apple stock and tell myself the lyrics of a future hit song and strike it rich.

i would tell myself to not be so shy when it comes to people and girls. and id tell myself to just say fresia it and try stuff. then maybe i wouldnt be such a lonely reculse at this point in my life.

I'd tell him life is far from fair, and nobody is going to come in and help me with the bullies, so I'd best learn to defend myself fast and take up training, or spend years trying to deal with the baggage. I'd also tell him to forget about high school and start thinking about a career not involving the cleaning business or cashiers.

And when he asked if things are going to get better, my expression would glaze over and I'd cough awkwardly before retreating back into my own time.

Tough question.

Probably, without giving away to much information, hint myself into making a few good choices that I should have made. ****, my life could have been so much different if I only wasn't so afraid and listening so much to stupidity.

I would tell myself wich school I should apply to, what to focus on, warn myself about a handful of destructive individuals etc.

I would pick different football teams to play for after Anderlecht, or - if possible - I would have made sure I could've stayed.

Or I would've signed up for Jeunesse Esch instead of coming to Leuven.

Plenty of other things I'd warn myself about.

I don't know. Probably something along the lines of - don't trust the other kids when they're being nice to you - they're just setting you up, don't expect the teachers to protect you because they won't, and don't worry so much about being liked because it's never going to happen no matter what you do.

Either that or I'd take me by the shoulders, look deep into my eyes and say "Sorry kid, you're f*cked - and not in a good way."

Doesn't matter anyway. It's not like I would have listened. At that age I thought the world was bright and shiny and that people were nice. I didn't realise how terribly wrong I was.

id tell me not to believe everything people tel you.
just because theyre older, louder and seem more confident doesnt meen they know what theyre talking about.

Lots of things, but mostly that things can get better if I was more courageous.

I'm sure twilight zone has an episode like this one (hmm)

I'd tell her...love yourself more, nothing wrong with you... and you're not evil.

"play guitar early..."
"hey, don´t worry you can´t play soccer well, you just were made for swiming..."
" Don´t worry that much"
" Stop studying, that hard, go with your friends hangout"
"Go talk with that girl, over there."

"Lift heights, get a cool car, fresia chicks"

Latest posts

Back