If you won a million dollars in the lottery, how would you spend it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
I would buy a large piece of land with water on it. Preferably a good stream and a small pond for wild ducks. I would build a beautiful rustic house with a porch facing the west so I could watch the sun set every evening. I would have a garden with fresh veggies and a flower garden too, so I could put fresh flowers in every room : ) Oh! And a little green house for my winter greens. I would have cats and several dogs. Maybe some chickens running wild for fresh eggs. My neighbors would be far from me....lol I like privacy. So if I get up at 3 am on a full moon night, I can sit in my gown outside on the porch. I so love the night!

I would pay off my bills, put away some money for when I'm old, share with my family, and go to school until I became a FNP. Then I would spend the rest of my life doing volunteer work!

Yeah, now that would be the life!

Lol, good question... =0) I think I'd finish school, buy some honeysuckle for myself, put a bunch in savings and split the rest with family. Also, I'd buy a real expensive bottle of booze...

Oh yeah, I'd want one of these as well... But I'd be able to make mine look a whole lot cooler =0)
pirate-bus.jpg

Fodderboy said:
Lol, good question... =0) I think I'd finish school, buy some honeysuckle for myself, put a bunch in savings and split the rest with family. Also, I'd buy a real expensive bottle of booze...

Oh yeah, I'd want one of these as well... But I'd be able to make mine look a whole lot cooler =0)
pirate-bus.jpg

OMG, Fodder, what is that contraption?

Buy a massive yacht, and set sail around the world the scenic way, (i.e. slowly), and being careful to stay away from pirate buses.

Fodderboy said:

pirate-bus.jpg

anyone notice that dude at the back is wearing a skirt?LOL
arrrrrgh! im getting a pirate bus too then me and fodderboy can battle!
walk the plank maytee!

anywaysssss......
if i won a million i would first donate the maximum to obamas campaign then donate another chunk to causes like free tibet or save darfur or any organization like that helping a third world country. put enough away to put my kids and grandkids threw college.
then after i was satisfied id get my house and put the money in the bank and live off the intrest untill i died and then my kids will get it.
oh and start up my record company

loketron said:
anywaysssss......
if i won a million i would first donate the maximum to obamas campaign then donate another chunk to causes like free tibet or save darfur or any organization like that helping a third world country. put enough away to put my kids and grandkids threw college.
then after i was satisfied id get my house and put the money in the bank and live off the intrest untill i died and then my kids will get it.
oh and start up my record company

Hey, what about those gourmet meals you promised? Oh, I see. Forget about us nobodies when you get rich.....lol

Naleena said:
Hey, what about those gourmet meals you promised? Oh, I see. Forget about us nobodies when you get rich.....lol
oh dont you worry your little head off sweets, id fix you up 5 star meals every dinner and massage your feet every night before bed.
OOOOoooo say im sweet, say it!

I would try to invest as much as I can to at least create a nice, steady cash flow for myself in the future and spend the rest on my family. Also, move my grandmother back to Italy. She is 87 years old and her younger brother lives there. He's around most of my grandmother's other close family members and I think it would be best if she could just spend the last years of her life back where she came from.

Is this million dollar lottery windfall untaxed by any chance?

Anyway, I would put it in the bank and maybe invest a little.... nothing too risky though. I would also pay all of the rent for the remainder of my lease at my current place and then once it's up look into getting my own house. Part of me really wants to quit my job and take a few years vacation time, but a million will certainly not last forever and a long period of not working would look bad whenever I wanted to get another job.

I don't really know what I would do, but I would be somewhat modest... at least in the beginning.

loketron said:
im getting a pirate bus too then me and fodderboy can battle!
walk the plank maytee!

Gar! That be of what I am talking about! *hiccup* lol...

You just reminded me, loketron. Ever seen this?

I'd move back to New Zealand and live in New Plymouth where I actually have 2 friends. Buy a house and a car with views of the mountain. Go on an administration course for the year and put the rest of the money in the bank.

I'd buy loads of Real Dolls (creepy life-sized realistic dolls) and fill my house with them.

1017071641_M_101707_RealDolls06.jpg

I could start my own little doll army with them. :p

Panda said:
I'd buy loads of Real Dolls (creepy life-sized realistic dolls) and fill my house with them.

I don't scare easily... but I'm scared. Very very scared.

i'd spend about 1/5th then donate 1/5th and put the rest in a bank with hopefully a high intrest rate, then wait a while and spend some :D

yes i know very creative, but it tis late

Naleena said:
I would buy a large piece of land with water on it. Preferably a good stream and a small pond for wild ducks. I would build a beautiful rustic house with a porch facing the west so I could watch the sun set every evening. I would have a garden with fresh veggies and a flower garden too, so I could put fresh flowers in every room : ) Oh! And a little green house for my winter greens. I would have cats and several dogs. Maybe some chickens running wild for fresh eggs. My neighbors would be far from me....lol I like privacy. So if I get up at 3 am on a full moon night, I can sit in my gown outside on the porch. I so love the night!

Other than the gown thing, (I might look silly in a gown) I'll just use yours, it doesn't get much better. But I would like someone to share it with. Someone to hold hands with on that porch and just watch the stars. Someone to love that will love me for who I am. But I know thats something I can't buy and probably will never have.:( But it was nice to dream, even if just for a moment. Thanks.

I would donate several thousand to TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation) so I could move up to the top of their priority list. That way I will have no trouble getting tickets to LSU's away and bowl games. The rest of the money would then be my travel allowance.

Steel said:
Panda said:

I don't scare easily... but I'm scared. Very very scared.

Haha! You should see the male doll, he looks like the corpse of sylvester stallone :D

Well, after the government got their share, I'd probably have enough to treat Naleena and I to some chewing gum.

Latest posts

Back