Illegal downloading, and stopping

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felix said:
Personally I think the FBI should limit themselves to boob inspection :)

Agreed. If they did, I might join...ahhh....

:club:

Anyway, have discovered a lot of indie bands sharing their music for free. I got an email in my mailbox today from a band called Metropol, it said...

"Hello Coldplay fan, we are heavily influenced by Coldplay and just released our debut album! Click here to download it for free."

I downloaded it, it was in 128 kbps, and then iTunes Match matched it to a paid version in the iTunes store...so I really got a $10 album for free, legally! ;)

And it's pretty good, too. I liked their Facebook page.

This is where Capitalism has been so heavily hammered into us that the idea of everyone having the same thing as you is so alien to us as to be utterly outside the box. File-sharing is a sort of global democratic communism of sorts. We all get equal shares of media. Art shouldn't be about money - it should be about art, and creating emotions. fresia money. I want a billion fans, not a billion dollars.

Personally, I love creating music. Nothing is better for me.

If I had tourdates, and people were coming out to see me live, I could care less about who downloads my music. At least they're listening to it, and enjoying it. That's all that matters to me.

Amen. I think you and I would have a fine old time sipping Absinthe or rum on my balcony Muse. If you weren't just a digital figment of my imagination (think about it, we're all digital figments of one another's imagination) then I'd invite you over for pancakes and spirits.

Latest posts

Back