I'm a complete total ******* loser

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, why don't you take the time to read former posts in this thread? After all, it's only like 2 pages long. ;) Lurker = lazy. :p

Badjedidude said:
Lurker = lazy. :p

Yeah that's me >_>

Remedy said:
"I have already been treated for depression before but thanks for the heads up......"

Ok, was this what remedy was referring to?

That was a small quote. How were you treated exactly?

Oh, well ya I didn't mention therapy my bad. I have been to a therapist before but when I finally became comfortable with them. To the point, where I could trust them with what was bothering me. They told me that, everything was fine and that we were done. This was after, about 5 appointments. The normal, minimum amount, is usually about 9.

Remedy said:
Oh, well ya I didn't mention therapy my bad. I have been to a therapist before but when I finally became comfortable with them. To the point, where I could trust them with what was bothering me. They told me that, everything was fine and that we were done. This was after, about 5 appointments. The normal, minimum amount, is usually about 9.

You know, I sometimes post on Forums.psychcentral.com

It's a nice place and no one ever tells you that they are "through" with you.

It's supportive, people there are never mean. I've had an account there for almost 3 years.

Maybe your therapist just wasnt the right one for you Remedy. Don't give up.

Therapy is overrated anyway. fresia that.

Remedy, I think you already know your problems, and I think you know what you have to do to overcome them. The only problem you face now is fostering a driven, aggressive attitude to achieve what you want to achieve. :)

Badjedidude said:
Remedy, I think you already know your problems, and I think you know what you have to do to overcome them. The only problem you face now is fostering a driven, aggressive attitude to achieve what you want to achieve. :)

Well if a psychologist just said... ur done after 5 of the 9 sessions and you redevelop the same symptoms you were treated for, then obviously fresia that... your therapist wasn't very good then... just in it for the money?

Be your own therapist, you know yourself better than any other shrink.

Holy honeysuckle dude! That's pretty intense. I don't know whether I should laugh, cry, or vomit.

You're waaayyyy beyond feeling sorry for yourself. Have you tried getting pissed off and angry? It feels a hell of a lot better than wallowing in your own misery. The people around you may not like it but fresia 'em....it's therapeutic.

Only Illusion said:
Holy honeysuckle dude! That's pretty intense. I don't know whether I should laugh, cry, or vomit.

You're waaayyyy beyond feeling sorry for yourself. Have you tried getting pissed off and angry? It feels a hell of a lot better than wallowing in your own misery. The people around you may not like it but fresia 'em....it's therapeutic.

I'm not necessarily trying to feel sorry for myself. People have put me down, so I guess it's just a way to let it out. Since some people probably believe what I say I am. It's a way to bash myself and I feel like I deserve such self degradation. Maybe I just need to let people know truly how pathetic of a human being I am. Maybe I need to let out to get it off my chest. Instead of holding it inside, that I think I am a total and complete failure at life.

Badjedidude said:
Therapy is overrated anyway.

Perhaps it is, but that doesn't mean it's useless. Therapy alone is not a solution to anything, but it can be a very valuable tool. When you are injured, sometimes you need a crutch to help you walk. It's not a negative thing, you just need a little help to keep you steady. If you are willing, therapy can help you find a way out of your current situation. If a therapist told you that you were fine after 5 sessions, then clearly he or she is not a very good therapist. You don't sound fine to me. Shop around until you find someone you are comfortable with that will help you work towards your goals. Asking for the help you need isn't a cop out. It can be pretty ******* hard to do. You have my support Remedy.

I think its funny when you go to therapy and you lay down, talk about your issues, they are quiet the whole time, and you wind up solving your own problems...

That isn't always the case, but when you're like me and have spent parts of your life studying psychology, spirituality, philosophy, all the various things that make the mind work, human interactions, and how the world goes round... It doesn't seem like it would help... such a study is also an ongoing thing...

IMO, therapy is buying a highly intelligent friend and their time

Re. therapy - my experience is different to Phaedron's. My therapist isn't so passive, but asks me questions and challenges me on certain points - without ever telling me I'm wrong or that I should be doing something else. The whole point is for me to make decisions and not rely on someone else.

I think it's really difficult to solve the kinds of problems we face on our own. The reason is that these problems are often a consequence of our relationships with others, particularly the relationships we have in childhood when we first learn how to relate to other people. If things get screwed up at that stage, then we can find ourselves repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Overcoming this pattern means learning how to relate to people anew, and that's only something that can be done with another person. If you're lucky enough to find a partner who can help you through this, then that's great. But the people you go out with aren't usually trained to deal with relationship problems, nor do they have the patience to put up with your crap, or the insight required to see the bigger picture. That's why a good therapist can help you sort things out.

I feel where you're coming from, remedy. Life kind of sucks over here too.

About work:
Have you considered volunteering to break your streak of work inactivity, and to boost your confidence and level of optimism regarding your outlook?

It's pretty awful to feel that down about everything. I think one of the worst things a person can experience is to feel so marginalised that they lose track of who they are and what they really want out of life.

One of the first steps to take in this situation is to stop buying in to your own negative publicity because whatever your present circumstances are Remedy, they risk deteriorating under the weight of this self depreciation you have nurtured.

personally I don't trust anyfolks who haven't some type of depression in their life..it's the successful go-getters you gotta look out for..their the ones screwing things up..the power obsessed dick wads..
How can anyone handle this world with all the real bleakness that goes on and not have darkness in their soul?
fresia 'em all..loser's rule..

Erase them is I dont think so, maybe you should live with these and use these to get yourself work. you know in my country, I applied to about 100 companies, 17 interviews and 5000 pesos expenses costs later no one hired me. I applied for work abroad, sending and handling out a total of 11 applications, I landed 1 contract which pays twice I earn in my country. But I have to live a lonely life for the next 2 years because its a work abroad.

You say unemployment in your area is 11%, try 17% in my country of 90 million people! 17% thats all over my country not just our capital city. your odds of finding work is actually greater than mine. thats why I went abroad for work. Dont look for work where there isnt any, look for it where it is. Try the military, become a priest, volunteer with allowance pay for some foreign organization helping the less fortunate peoples of the world.

Do not limit yourself my friend to your area of accommodations, maybe you need to travel far beyond your comfort zone to find your dream job. Besides, why didn't you finish high school? in my country education is not a right! students have to spend so much to obtain a high school diploma, if high school is expensive how much more for college.

Anyway, I hope you find a solution to your predicament, ending your life will just end you up not in heave but in purgatory. Good luck!

Remedy said:
I don't have a job, I have like one offline friend, never had a offline gf, and dropped out of high school when I was 16. I'm so ******* weak that I let this depression consume me. I let it consume to the point where I was to weak to want to go to school anymore. What the fresia am I suppose to do with my life? The unemployment rate here is like 11% and nobody wants to hire me. I try to make myself look great but when you have an ugly face with crooked teeth, who would want to hire me? I mean you have to make your company look the best it can be with people who actually look good.

Nobody wants to be friends with a total ******* loser. I'm surprised my best friend even wants to be friends with me. It makes no sense, because I am not an interesting person by the least. Everyone else I meet treats me like I'm a loser. They can just sense the vibe of failure or stupid virgin. Even people I have met online, have toyed with my emotions and made me feel like honeysuckle. They act like they want to be my friend, then turn a 180 and start ******* with me, making me feel like a loser.

I'm just a stupid waste of space in this world. I don't even know why I'm allowed to eat or live in such a wonderful country. When other people in this world deserve it so much more. This world is so unfair and sometimes, I just don't want to be part of it anymore. I have been trying to get a job but like I said no one wants to hire me or anything. I have the urge to just stab myself in the gut sometimes just to make it all go away. If I end up a 30+ year old virgin with nothing or nobody to live for, I sure as hell will make it all end. I want to try my hardest to change the situation now but I keep hitting these road blocks that make it so difficult. I'm to weak for this life.

:( dude i feel u talk abt me , i also went through same phase, no job, no gf,no frnds, , each day in my life was sucks, evry day i ask myself shall i die 2day?now though i have job nobody is my frnd, i tottaly sucks

lost sunshine said:
dude i feel u talk abt me , i also went through same phase, no job, no gf,no frnds, , each day in my life was sucks, evry day i ask myself shall i die 2day?now though i have job nobody is my frnd, i tottaly sucks

Please try not to use so much texting lingo when making your next post. It's distracting and pointless in this setting.

Thanks. :)

jjam said:
I feel where you're coming from, remedy. Life kind of sucks over here too.

About work:
Have you considered volunteering to break your streak of work inactivity, and to boost your confidence and level of optimism regarding your outlook?

I agree, this could be your best option Remedy. It could help give you a sense of purpose, meet new people, even help eventually finding a job.

"Messed-up teeth" have character and attract me a hell of a lot more than plastic-looking, everyone-in-my-neighborhood-had-braces teeth.

Have things changed at all since this thread was started?
Don't like to hear of someone feeling so bleak. Definitely felt that way.

Latest posts

Back