I'm a female with no girl friends. Don't trust girls.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to trust female 'friends' since 5th grade when my friends and I were having a fight and they did that three-way calling thing to get me to say something mean, I guess. After that, none of my so-called friends talked to me for months. We all finally became civil with each other, but it was never the same for me, at least. I hung out with boys more after that.

I'm sure not all females are that way, but it certainly seems like it. All the females I've encountered have been this way, even the ones I went to church with when I was younger. They'd talk about each other (and their families) all the time and be so nice and polite the next day, even though they were talking about them like a dog the day before. I don't get that. If they are your friend, you should have nothing to say behind their backs because you should be upfront and truthful with them about everything. That's just my feelings, though.

One thing you need to realize is that both genders are equally as mean as one another. Women just do it behind people's backs where men do it to your face. And that's not even entirely true, a lot of them will do either one, depending on the situation.

And you said that you like being friends with men because they want to get in your pants. Well, if that's the reason they are talking to you, then they don't care about anything you have to say. They are just humoring you to try to use you in some way, just like a girl would if she smiled to your face and then talked to you behind your back.

If you have mostly guy friends, that's fine, but one gender isn't more evil or malicious than the other. Most wars begun with men, but I would never say,"I can't be friends with men. They are too violent." Everyone is an individual. No one is anything but themselves.

Enchanted Girl said:
Most wars begun with men

lolwut

I don't think so.

Throughout history, women (queens, whores, princesses, prime ministers, etc) have started just as many wars as men, and for the same varied reasons as men.

And no, I'm not talking about the Trojan War. Helen was a rallying point; no more than a symbol for the invading Greeks to recapture. The true interest lay in control of the Dardenelles...

...but I digress.

On second though, you know what, I'd rather people talk about me behind my back than confront me every single time they didn't like something I did or wore. It would wear me out.

I'd rather not know about every single petty thing people took issue with. :p

Badjedidude said:
Enchanted Girl said:
Most wars begun with men

lolwut

I don't think so.

Throughout history, women (queens, whores, princesses, prime ministers, etc) have started just as many wars as men, and for the same varied reasons as men.

And no, I'm not talking about the Trojan War. Helen was a rallying point; no more than a symbol for the invading Greeks to recapture. The true interest lay in control of the Dardenelles...

...but I digress.

I can't think of any wars that a whore started (I didn't realize that any of them commanded their own armies) and there haven't been as many women in power as men in power in history.

They are as capable as men of starting wars, but they haven't started wars as much as men have.

I only pointed it out because no gender is actually pure in the way they deal with others. They are both malicious and start fights with people.

Throughout history, there have been women in power, even in countries ruled by men. Many of these male rulers have had incredibly persuasive and strong women whispering in their ears.

I'm a guy, But I always question why women are so abusive and judgmental of one another.
Strangely enough I get along better with females.
I'm a girlfriends friend. Barely have any male friends.
I will say that your home life does affect that.
I think because I was raised by women, I don't identify with men too much.
I'm actually attracted to fem Tom Boys (if that makes sense.)

Enchanted Girl said:
I can't think of any wars that a whore started (I didn't realize that any of them commanded their own armies) and there haven't been as many women in power as men in power in history.

Depends on what you'd label as a "whore." Some queens/high ladies have "whored" themselves out to more powerful neighboring kings while hoping for concessions... but things ended up with disastrous military consequences for their own nations and estates.

Kenny said:
Throughout history, there have been women in power, even in countries ruled by men. Many of these male rulers have had incredibly persuasive and strong women whispering in their ears.

Saying that there were women whispering in men's ears is conjecture, not facts. It's like saying there are thousands of unreported rapes every year. How do you know that's true if they are unreported? The truth is, you are just guessing. You assume there were lots of women whispering in men's ears when they were making decisions, but you don't KNOW that.

Besides, you guys missed my point entirely. =/ My point was that both genders are "malicious" in their own ways.

If I walk outside, there will be a breeze.

I don't know this to be fact.

Is it conjecture?

I also suspect that the grass will be green...

The wives of powerful men talk to them. (this is conjecture?)

Kenny said:

Is it conjecture?

If the grass is green its factual. If there's a breeze, its factual. You know because you're there. If someone else sees those things and records it, you can know as well.

You were not there to know what the wives of powerful men talked about to them and it wasn't recorded in history by someone who was, so yes, it's conjecture.

Enchanted Girl said:
Kenny said:

Is it conjecture?

If the grass is green its factual. If there's a breeze, its factual. You know because you're there. If someone else sees those things and records it, you can know as well.

You were not there to know what the wives of powerful men talked about to them and it wasn't recorded in history by someone who was, so yes, it's conjecture.

Do you know it wasn't recorded?

Or is this conjecture?

Hello..

I'm new here, and don't know how things really work here yet, so sorry if i make any mistakes in replies for starters.
You might as well have written about me. This is an issue very acute in my life also, has always been, since i could never trust my mother (she is schitzophrenic) and i never received any affection from her in my entire life, everything i ever did was never good enough, or on the other hand she was living through periods when she was lost in other worlds and and had times of extreme paranoia, and all this affected my life very deeply. To such degree that my relationships with other women has always been impaired. I have had 3 female friends in my entire life, and every one of them has ended in some kind of deceit. I find women in general to be very false and manipulative, and my best friends has therefore also always been men. even though i sometimes miss a certain depth in conversations with men, as a general rule, men are much more fun and easy going and more reliable in terms of friendship. Unfortunately though, it has also happened many times that as you befriend a man, at some point a lot of them still want to have sex with you, something i find that ruins a beautiful friendship. So i feel for myself that people in general might always be out to gain -something more- then they let understand to begin with..and therefore i find it hard to trust anyone in particular. My father was also physically very abusive of me in my childhood, so in a way i also keep men at an arms length somehow. By joining this site, i am making a really serious effort to reach out to people in general, become more of an open person after years of loneliness and traumatic happenings in my life. You have to start somewhere i feel, because this is also an unbearable state to be in. I wish you all the best with working on your relationship with women and your mother. I am totally in the same phase of life myself at this moment, so you are welcome to p.m me if you want to talk more about it.

Hugs -AnotherMe

Kenny said:
Enchanted Girl said:
Kenny said:

Is it conjecture?

Or is this conjecture?

Regardless if it was recorded or not, you are conjecturing unless you read it, but nice try. XD

lilacs said:
I'm 26 years old and have zero girl friends. I almost don't have any interest in girl friends anymore. I don't even make effort anymore. I'm close with my sister and she understands me, but other than that I have no female contact. I get along easier with guys. I feel I can talk to them, turn to them for advice, and trust them a lot easier than girls. It's so much easier for me to befriend men and open up to them than women. I'm not a lesbian though. My mother has been emotionally abusive to me for most of my life and our relationship has never been that great. As I'm older, I've harbored resenment towards her but it only hurts me even more so I work at getting along with her. I sometimes wonder if this is why I don't have girl friends? associating them with her? I've always had a good relationship with my father. Even though he cheated on my mother and left her, he has always been the warm nurturing one that I feel calm around. I question whether my relationships w. my parents are why I interact with males/females the way I do..????

I think it all depends on your "school of thought" and what theories you agree with, but, one of the most common "theories" is that, yes, we learn from our parents and how we respond in relationships (esp. dating) is based on what we learned from them. I personally have a best friend (in another state & is so busy that he never talks to me anymore) that is male, so I understand only having male friends. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's nothing wrong with getting along better with guys. My hope for you is that you find solace in your relationships no matter what gender. [Hopefully that's not offensive >.< -.-]

Enchanted Girl said:
Kenny said:
Enchanted Girl said:
Kenny said:

Is it conjecture?

Or is this conjecture?

Regardless if it was recorded or not, you are conjecturing unless you read it, but nice try. XD

You are conjecturing that traditionally husbands and wives have not discussed issues of importance. Seems counterintuitive, against all conventional wisdom and not at all in line with common sense.

Kenny said:
Enchanted Girl said:
Kenny said:
Enchanted Girl said:
Kenny said:

Is it conjecture?

Or is this conjecture?

You are conjecturing that traditionally husbands and wives have not discussed issues of importance. Seems counterintuitive, against all conventional wisdom and not at all in line with common sense.

Scores only count if other people keep them. =) You're obviously biased in your own favor.

Anyway . . . . .

Even if that's true, I don't know how that means women started the majority of wars, which is what we were fighting about. It was still the men who did it. Even if a woman gives her opinion on something that her husband should do, it doesn't mean he followed it or that it's her fault if he did. He still made the decision.

All the presidents we've ever had . . . . I blame or congratulate them on all their good choices and bad ones. Barack Obama for instance, was given an award his first year in office, the nobel peace price. Regardless of whether he deserved it or not (because some people like to debate that), it shouldn't have been given to his wife instead of him. It should be given to him, even though he's a man who deeply respects and listens to his wife, because all his achievements are his and not hers. He did them, she didn't do them. And same with any of his mistakes.

It's the same with any woman who is in power. It does not matter what her husband or lover may or may not have told her. She was the one who did it, not them. And unless it's a literal puppet government, they are the ones that actually control things, not their spouses.

If women, by your logic, are at fault for all the wars, then they are also at fault for all the great things men achieved in office because they were whispering in a man's ear.

My argument was that men and women are both malicious and evil . . . . sometimes in different ways, but equally as evil. They are also equally as good, but if you credit women with causing everything, then you are saying that men are a big waste of space. A big nothing who affects nothing. Women control everything and there's no point of men being there and I'd have to disagree with you. Men have obviously changed and affected a lot.

Latest posts

Back