I'm new on this site...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguinqt

Reaction score
So, I'll just post part of what is on my profile...I think I have the whole age/sex/state in the first line. :p

I am a 20 year old female college student in Virginia. I am a Historic Preservation major (archaeology, museum studies, architecture, etc.). I am also a musician (I play the piano, violin, I sing, and I am teaching myself how to play the guitar), and I play in the orchestra at my college. I also like keeping up with the news, politics, learning about the paranormal, death, learning about different religions and philosopies.

I have been feeling quite lonely most of my life. I have always been able to get along with adults and people much older than myself, but I can't seem to have close friends or relationships my age. I have not had a boyfriend yet, though I would love one to share fun times and memories with. I really don't understand why I should be feeling so lonely. I am a fairly attractive 20 year old, I am intelligent, kind, sweet, helpful, funny, interesting person. I know I deserve to be treated better by the friends I have, and I know I need to find people who treat me with dignity and respect. At this point I seem to be at a crossroads, and it is so lonely, it's hard to bear sometimes.

Being at college, it seems as if most people around me aren't lonely because they always seem to find friends easily and connect, but I just don't get it, and I'm jealous of these people. I am involved in several clubs, and I know a lot of people, most of whom think I am a very nice and splendid person, and I have some friends, I just haven't been able to connect with anyone very well or further aquaintances into friendships. I also feel as if some of the friends I have right now haven't been treating me right, and they make me feel bad about myself, which seems like a sign for me to find new friends. Recently I've felt so lonely, it's actually rather painful, as if there is such a thing as having a "broken heart."

So I have no idea if I'll use this much at all, but I will look around and try this out. Maybe I can find a friend or someone just to talk to. :D

hey Penguinqt
welcome to the forum,

wow you sound like a pretty cool person

wow i wish i could play the piano and violin, you seem pretty into music, what are some of you're favorite bands?

if you're looking for friends or someone to talk to i'd love to be penpals :)

you can pm me anytime

:)

what are some of your favorite bands?

Hi penguinqt :)

Im trying to teach myself to play the guitar too, but its not happening :D

evanescencefan91 said:
hey Penguinqt
welcome to the forum,

wow you sound like a pretty cool person

wow i wish i could play the piano and violin, you seem pretty into music, what are some of you're favorite bands?

if you're looking for friends or someone to talk to i'd love to be penpals :)

you can pm me anytime

:)

what are some of your favorite bands?

Hey. I love a lot of bands, and a lot of genres, but here are some of my favorite musicians/bands/composers (good thing I had them listed on another website! And in alphabetical order too! :D)

Alison Krauss, All-American Rejects, Andrea Bocelli, Antarctica, Aqua, Arcade Fire, Armin Van Buuren, Ataris, Avril Lavigne, Bach, Beatles, Beethoven, Joshua Bell, Bloc Party, Cascada, Celtic Music in general, Chopin, Coldplay, Cranberries, Damien Rice, Darude, Death Cab for Cutie, Depeche Mode, Dido, Dixie Chicks, Enya, Evanescence, Feist, Fleetwood Mac, Franz Ferdinand, Franz Lizt, Frou Frou, Good Charlotte, Guster, Imogen Heap, Interpol, Janis Joplin, Jascha Heifetz, Jethro Tull, Jimmy Eat World, John Williams, Joshua Bell, Katy Perry, Keane, The Killers, Franz Lizst, Markus Schulz, MGMT, Michelle Branch, Modest Mouse, Muse, Nightwish, OneRepublic, Paramore, Paul Van Dyk, Queen, Sarah McLachlan, Snow Patrol, The Strokes, Tiesto, U2, Vivaldi, Yellowcard, The Who, etc.

Yeah...I like a lot.

punisher said:
Hi penguinqt :)

Im trying to teach myself to play the guitar too, but its not happening :D

Ha ha, yeah, so far my attempts at learning the guitar are failing, mainly because I'm just really busy right now, and I only have like a few minutes a day to practice! It would be awesome to actually be able to sound good on it in the future.

Good luck with your guitar playing though! ^_^

YW :p How are you teaching yourself to play guitar btw?:p
[/quote]

Oh, well, I once had guitar lessons for a year when I was 12 (8 years ago!), so I already had beginner's books lying around my house, so I brought it to college with me. I also already knew how to hold the guitar and do some basic strumming. Since I can play other instruments, I know how to read the music, so far all I've had to do is learn where the notes are on the strings, and then read the music, and I just kind of got it. Sadly, I have small fingers, so some of the chords are really hard for me to play (just like the problems I have with the piano and violin, haha).

I kind of wish I could just learn how to play an instrument and songs by ear, but sadly I am dependent upon reading sheet music.

Penguinqt said:
Hey. I love a lot of bands, and a lot of genres, but here are some of my favorite musicians/bands/composers (good thing I had them listed on another website! And in alphabetical order too! :D)

Alison Krauss, All-American Rejects, Andrea Bocelli, Antarctica, Aqua, Arcade Fire, Armin Van Buuren, Ataris, Avril Lavigne, Bach, Beatles, Beethoven, Joshua Bell, Bloc Party, Cascada, Celtic Music in general, Chopin, Coldplay, Cranberries, Damien Rice, Darude, Death Cab for Cutie, Depeche Mode, Dido, Dixie Chicks, Enya, Evanescence, Feist, Fleetwood Mac, Franz Ferdinand, Franz Lizt, Frou Frou, Good Charlotte, Guster, Imogen Heap, Interpol, Janis Joplin, Jascha Heifetz, Jethro Tull, Jimmy Eat World, John Williams, Joshua Bell, Katy Perry, Keane, The Killers, Franz Lizst, Markus Schulz, MGMT, Michelle Branch, Modest Mouse, Muse, Nightwish, OneRepublic, Paramore, Paul Van Dyk, Queen, Sarah McLachlan, Snow Patrol, The Strokes, Tiesto, U2, Vivaldi, Yellowcard, The Who, etc.

Yeah...I like a lot.

Welcome, Michelle. :)
Wow. Some of those are kind of old school. lol, old enough that I listened to them as a teenager. :p Anyways, I put in bold, the ones I favor as well. It just goes to show you, that when it comes to taste in music, sometimes a person's age doesn't matter. :)

yay hooray for all my fellow evanescence fans

it makes me happy, you guys are all so cool

XD

EveWasFramed said:
Penguinqt said:

Yeah...I like a lot.

Welcome, Michelle. :)
Wow. Some of those are kind of old school. lol, old enough that I listened to them as a teenager. :p Anyways, I put in bold, the ones I favor as well. It just goes to show you, that when it comes to taste in music, sometimes a person's age doesn't matter. :)

Thank you! Yeah, I agree, age doesn't matter when it comes to musical tastes! The only genre I know for sure I dislike is rap, but sometimes I hear a good rap/r&b song and I like the particular song. It just depends.

Yeah, I would definately say my mom and my uncle shaped a lot of the music I like. I was even named after a Beatles song! :)

Sweet.... you're an Ataris fan too! They're my FAVORITE band! Also, where do you go to school in VA? I went to LU for one of my programs. Gotta love Lynchburg.... or not. haha!

Penguinqt said:
So, I'll just post part of what is on my profile...I think I have the whole age/sex/state in the first line. :p

I am a 20 year old female college student in Virginia. I am a Historic Preservation major (archaeology, museum studies, architecture, etc.). I am also a musician (I play the piano, violin, I sing, and I am teaching myself how to play the guitar), and I play in the orchestra at my college. I also like keeping up with the news, politics, learning about the paranormal, death, learning about different religions and philosopies.

I have been feeling quite lonely most of my life. I have always been able to get along with adults and people much older than myself, but I can't seem to have close friends or relationships my age. I have not had a boyfriend yet, though I would love one to share fun times and memories with. I really don't understand why I should be feeling so lonely. I am a fairly attractive 20 year old, I am intelligent, kind, sweet, helpful, funny, interesting person. I know I deserve to be treated better by the friends I have, and I know I need to find people who treat me with dignity and respect. At this point I seem to be at a crossroads, and it is so lonely, it's hard to bear sometimes.

Being at college, it seems as if most people around me aren't lonely because they always seem to find friends easily and connect, but I just don't get it, and I'm jealous of these people. I am involved in several clubs, and I know a lot of people, most of whom think I am a very nice and splendid person, and I have some friends, I just haven't been able to connect with anyone very well or further aquaintances into friendships. I also feel as if some of the friends I have right now haven't been treating me right, and they make me feel bad about myself, which seems like a sign for me to find new friends. Recently I've felt so lonely, it's actually rather painful, as if there is such a thing as having a "broken heart."

So I have no idea if I'll use this much at all, but I will look around and try this out. Maybe I can find a friend or someone just to talk to. :D
congrats, i want your babies :3 (although i want everyone's ¬.¬ lol)

welcome to the forums as well :)

Van Hooligan said:
Penguinqt said:

congrats, i want your babies :3 (although i want everyone's ¬.¬ lol)

welcome to the forums as well :)

Hi, thanks all you guys for making me feel welcome! :)

LOL to Mr. Van Hooligan, I've never had ANYONE ever say that to me, ha ha, nice sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back