I'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olde shoe

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to this forum and it's also my birthday today February 6. I'm 30 as of today.

Hard to believe that I'm no longer growing but rather aging. I live alone. Far far away from family or friends. I don't have a relationship (I had one but my girlfriend cheated on me and got pregnant---she was my first girlfriend) --I might stay single for the remainder of my life.

Right now I'm working on trying to be stoic. It would be nice to be dehumanized. I only want to be able to be funny/silly and make jokes to cheer people up. I hope to be able to get rid of the feeling of being sad or lonely or angry. My ultimate goal is to have only one humor and that's to be happy and the other one would be stoic.

I don't want to be in love or feel the need for love and everything that goes with it.

There you have it. My birthday today, I live alone, heartbroken once but real badly --But mine is just trivial as compared to other people's heartache in this forum...and I'm getting old.

Hey:) Welcome to the forum:) and Happy Birthday :)

Welcome Olde Shoe.

Your not alone and your situation is not trivial. It sucks but its not trivial, else why would any of us be here. We actually felt bad enough to seek out others that have a similar problem to hopefully make ourselves feel better, to know we arent alone.

I do love your outlook though. Stoic is good and wanting to make people laugh is excellent. You could be worse and be bitter such as myself. And I certainly agree with you on not ever wanting to fall in love again. Its too painful, and i dont care for this pain.

Anyway, Happy B-day and i hope you have a good one regardless.

hey (hug)
i'm sorry to hear that you are having such a horrible birthday :/ i hope that the next ones will not be that bad :/
and well, 30 is by far not old. i am there in a few years, and many here have passed that mark a while ago, lol.
don't worry about that.

and well. i'm sorry to say this, you probably don't want to hear that right now, but i hope you will not have to give up on love completely, and will find it again somewhere.

packyourbags said:
hey (hug)
and well. i'm sorry to say this, you probably don't want to hear that right now, but i hope you will not have to give up on love completely, and will find it again somewhere.

No need to apologize. I'm able to cope with a lot of bad things in my life. Besides, it would be nice to see if I can actually pull off being a drone in human society. I think I'm getting there though :D Hopefully soon I would be able to say that love isn't something I need anymore. Hope it happens before all of my teeth fall out and have dentures soaking in a glass. Come that time I might be too senile to even remember my own name anyway :D

I no say hi either?

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Old shoe... welcome. I am so sorry to read of your situation, and I know how badly it hurts to be betrayed by someone you deeply care about. You are in good company here.

Everyone is awesome...and really kind. Come pop into the chatroom sometime... it will def. keep your mind occupied!

Latest posts

Back