I'm on a run now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I've been "off the market" for a while now, I always liked short, thin, semi-nerdy women. Glasses and a book in hand were always a plus. Sometimes I wonder if that's why I spent so much time in bookstores. I had pretty bad experiences with stereotypically beautiful women, mostly because everyone wanted to "date" them and I found the competition and fending off rivals too exhausting. Plus, and sadly, some of the stereotypes turned out true. At the same time, I don't think that the nerdy women I approached trusted me, or they seemed scared or shy around me, so I had a hard time getting to know them. I always had fantasies of reading in bed next to them. :D

In my experience, none of my previous partners resembled each other nor had the same personality... but it was always their personalities I fell for first. Never their looks. If there was a particular thing I seem to gravitate towards, it's a sense of humor. I love to laugh, as Amy likes to point out so much.

I don't believe any of them were like my parents, to be honest. Not even my current partner. I don't think that I particularly look for qualities in them that are comparable to either of my parents, so I can't say I purposely look for or against those qualities, or have an explanation for why that is.

Latest posts

Back