I'm really sick of trolls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sci-Fi said:
Skorian said:
Sci-Fi said:
Wow, you must have never been bullied Skorian. Yeah some people are more sensitive to words, in fact A LOT of people are.

That isn't true at all. I know alot of people who are mean to each other as a means of play and are friends with the people that act like that. If you actually listened to experiences that didn't only agree with your own, you would understand what I mean.

There are very few people in this world who can just brush off when someone "trolls" them. It's easy for someone to say "just don't let it bother you" or "it's the internet" or "just think of who it's coming from" etc.

This is totally untrue, but it is what you want to believe. Chances are you avoid people who don't fit with your world view.

For those of us who've been hurt by others words that is very difficult to do.

Again untrue.

It's not a personality defect, it's being human and having emotions and feelings. If words didn't hurt then we wouldn't have kids committing suicide. The defect lies in those who use words to hurt others purposely.

This is not true. Look at the history of man. People used to endure far worse then an unkind word. I am sure that nothing I say will get you to see things from another point of view.

So you're saying I'm TOTALLY WRONG because I'm actually pulling from my OWN life experience. Please change your name to Mr. Knowitall Troll. I'm sorry, you lack the perception to see through your own rose coloured glasses.

My words are NOT UNTRUE just because I don't agree with you. Seriously, open your eyes up. I don't care if this gets me into trouble but you are an idiot. You have a lot of never telling my how untrue my comments are when I LIVE IT!!

Why do you assume that your own feelings are actually giving you a true perception? Have you never thought or felt something and later learned that what you thought or felt at the time was wrong when you had more insight? Do you try to gain such insight?

Instead of declaring you know what you feel. Why don't you ask what it means or why you feel that way? And why don't you get some insight into why people treat you as they do from people who are near the situation? Can you hear something that you don't want to believe or accept? This is about finding a state of mind where you can actually ask questions, instead of simply reacting.

You can't control within yourself what you don't question. The question is would you rather be mad or have some insight into a situation? See, it isn't about making other people relate to you, but being able to relate to others if you wish. Even to relate to a bully that is giving you bruises.

The only chance you have at change is deciding that you are wrong. If you can't, then you are stuck. Alot of learning is deciding that you don't know everything. You can point the finger at me all you like, but that does nothing for you.

All I hear you doing is focusing on pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain. Can you get beyond it? So what if something hurts. Do you think you are special and shouldn't feel any pain? I have a neck injury from when I was a kid that bothers me all the time. Do you hear me complaining? It hurts alot, but complaining solves nothing.

That is a major problem with this site as things are set up to treat people as helpless. Our culture is doing it alot too, so it isn't just this site. Pity doesn't generally help much with life. Some people live their whole lives in pity. The way this site has become, it should be called "Pity Me, Because I have a Lonely Life". It isn't 100% that way, but it is to a very large extent. Support is all well and good, but pain is life. Nothing is good without pain on the other side to give good things value. I see people running around like they are in a hamster wheel trying to make themselves feel better, but running no where.

As long as it is about you being right and assuming that other people are the same. You are stuck.... forever possibly.

Of course one big problem today is people will tell you what you want to hear that feels good. They will stroke your ego and lead you to believe you are never wrong.

Yes, pain is part of life. Yes, pity generally doesn't help to improve our problems. But who says we need to work on our problems every single second of our day? So what if there is a forum for people to vent and get a little sympathy when life is kicking us in the guts? So what if some people spend a grand total of maybe half an hour each day on complaining on a forum and getting a pep talk from others who knows how we feel? What do YOU know about how much time outside of this forum is spent on trying to work out our issues?

Big whoop for you and your ability to never ever complain about your neck injury. Congratulations, you've succeeded in life! Now please allow the rest of the world to deal with our problems whichever way works best for us. "So what if something hurts"? Are you sure you're a real human being?

You come off as an extremely judgmental and arrogant person; if this is not who you are, I suggest you rethink the comments you make and change the way you talk to people. If your intention is to be helpful to those with problems - you fail. If your intention is to make people feel even more crap about themselves - you partly succeed. If your intention is to portray yourself as an antagonist - you succeed.

If you think this forum is so horrible, and that all we ever do here is whine and complain, I don't see why you're still about. Perhaps you should try finding a forum that doesn't annoy you so much, and thus stop annoying others. You're only adding to the misery, buddy.

Telling you this is probably a waste of my time, though. You see what you want to and find snide ways to try to believe yourself correct.

Skorian said:
Why do you assume that your own feelings are actually giving you a true perception? Have you never thought or felt something and later learned that what you thought or felt at the time was wrong when you had more insight? Do you try to gain such insight?

Instead of declaring you know what you feel. Why don't you ask what it means or why you feel that way? And why don't you get some insight into why people treat you as they do from people who are near the situation? Can you hear something that you don't want to believe or accept? This is about finding a state of mind where you can actually ask questions, instead of simply reacting.

You can't control within yourself what you don't question. The question is would you rather be mad or have some insight into a situation? See, it isn't about making other people relate to you, but being able to relate to others if you wish. Even to relate to a bully that is giving you bruises.

The only chance you have at change is deciding that you are wrong. If you can't, then you are stuck. Alot of learning is deciding that you don't know everything. You can point the finger at me all you like, but that does nothing for you.

All I hear you doing is focusing on pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain. Can you get beyond it? So what if something hurts. Do you think you are special and shouldn't feel any pain? I have a neck injury from when I was a kid that bothers me all the time. Do you hear me complaining? It hurts alot, but complaining solves nothing.

That is a major problem with this site as things are set up to treat people as helpless. Our culture is doing it alot too, so it isn't just this site. Pity doesn't generally help much with life. Some people live their whole lives in pity. The way this site has become, it should be called "Pity Me, Because I have a Lonely Life". It isn't 100% that way, but it is to a very large extent. Support is all well and good, but pain is life. Nothing is good without pain on the other side to give good things value. I see people running around like they are in a hamster wheel trying to make themselves feel better, but running no where.

As long as it is about you being right and assuming that other people are the same. You are stuck.... forever possibly.

Of course one big problem today is people will tell you what you want to hear that feels good. They will stroke your ego and lead you to believe you are never wrong.

It's funny how you try to blame everyone else, while never being wrong yourself. Honestly, from what I've read of what you've written, you don't know honeysuckle. Sorry, but that's my take on it and I'm entitled to that take.

And before you go accusing me of not being able to see all the angles, I can see EVERY angle. I've always been able to both sides to every story, but that doesn't make EITHER side entirely correct. I have been known to believe myself to be in the wrong about my arguments, yet would not back down from them because I simply WANTED to be right. But, all in all, I do eventually stop and admit I'm wrong.
Every side of the story is told by someone who believes (or merely wants) it to be true. So while you sit there accusing Sci-Fi of being wrong, YOU are wrong as well. You BOTH have valid points, but at least Sci-Fi is going by his own personal beliefs and experiences while you just act like you know everything, so who is more in the wrong here?
That would be YOU, because Sci is merely stating HIS opinions and saying they are HIS opinions, while YOU are making yourself out to know everything, when you don't.

Callie is right. Skorian you don't know everything. I do however know everything, and I agree with your opinion.

PS this thread has just been trolled 8)

frey12 said:
Callie is right. Skorian you don't know everything. I do however know everything, and I agree with your opinion.

:club:
OH, and yes, I'm always right :D

I agree with equinox. Skorian is a perfect example of someone that is judgemental and makes me feel like crap about myself and makes it so I cannot say or be myself. In fact I am so afraid of being judged every moment of the day that I don't tell anyone what I am going through.
Ryone
Here I am sitting in the car with a family member and they've just told me that everyone offline thinks I am a shining example of someone that is with it, that has drive. I am thinking "wow you really don't know me."

If I can fool my famil as to who I am for fear of judgement, you can bet your butt I do it here on ALL because of people like you.

I can never be myself because of this fear.

It seems to me, Skorian, that you disagree with, and tell everyone that is posting on this Thread the reason they are wrong for feeling the way they do.

I was in an abusive relationship for 6 years--VERBALLY, physically and even sexually. The physical part healed. The sexual part I know wasn't normal, but bothers me a little bit. However, the verbal and emotional pain caused me the most pain (and it is complicated why I didn't leave before that--and I believe that is my personal business and unless someone was me in that situation they wouldn't understand why). I am very sensitive when someone verbally hurts me. I don't believe being called names for any reason is something anyone has the right to do.

I am disabled for mental illness since 1985, I have temporal lobe epilepsy from a head injury, chronic pain in my back from another injury, and many other health problems. I complain at times, because things get overwhelming. That doesn't make me weak, however, it makes me HUMAN.

I await for your reply picking my post apart.

Callie said:
Skorian said:

It's funny how you try to blame everyone else, while never being wrong yourself. Honestly, from what I've read of what you've written, you don't know honeysuckle. Sorry, but that's my take on it and I'm entitled to that take.

It isn't even about me... I do not care at all if I am right or wrong. It isn't the point to me at all. Apparently it is to you though.

And before you go accusing me of not being able to see all the angles, I can see EVERY angle. I've always been able to both sides to every story, but that doesn't make EITHER side entirely correct.

There are a thousand angles.... Forget 2. However, some things are simply correct. The solution, is one's self.

I have been known to believe myself to be in the wrong about my arguments, yet would not back down from them because I simply WANTED to be right. But, all in all, I do eventually stop and admit I'm wrong.

Ok, well when I am wrong I can admit it in seconds... I don't have an ego like you do. Ego's are useless.

Every side of the story is told by someone who believes (or merely wants) it to be true. So while you sit there accusing Sci-Fi of being wrong, YOU are wrong as well. You BOTH have valid points, but at least Sci-Fi is going by his own personal beliefs and experiences while you just act like you know everything, so who is more in the wrong here?

I know nothing, that is the point. But knowing nothing and saying nothing are two different problems. Trying to get this could run you in circles or give you a headache. I am just playing here. I don't know if there is a shred of sense in this. Doesn't look like it to me.

That would be YOU, because Sci is merely stating HIS opinions and saying they are HIS opinions, while YOU are making yourself out to know everything, when you don't.

I know that understanding a problem starts with one's self and asking what the problem really is. You are making an argument that something can not be known. And as it can not be know, no one can be correct. So if someone has something to say, shoot the messenger.

And at this point you are like a ball of string and I am a kitten.

I guess the question is. What is more important? Feelings? Or answers? If feelings are more important then you can not solve that problem with feelings in the way. At least not until you decide that feelings aren't that important.

Some other day I would really be able to find the hole in this reasoning you offer. Alot of this thread though is about insecurity and not being able to deal with others who are not insecure.

WishingWell said:
It seems to me, Skorian, that you disagree with, and tell everyone that is posting on this Thread the reason they are wrong for feeling the way they do.

I was in an abusive relationship for 6 years--VERBALLY, physically and even sexually. The physical part healed. The sexual part I know wasn't normal, but bothers me a little bit. However, the verbal and emotional pain caused me the most pain (and it is complicated why I didn't leave before that--and I believe that is my personal business and unless someone was me in that situation they wouldn't understand why). I am very sensitive when someone verbally hurts me. I don't believe being called names for any reason is something anyone has the right to do.

I have a mother who it took me years of coaxing to leave my father. He would threaten violence for petty things. My mother tended to just sit there and blame things on everyone, but herself. If she had blamed herself in the right way, she probably would never have been in the relationship.

Some people like weird sexuality, it all ends up being a choice. Some people actually do like being called names. It can be hard to believe when you are very sensitive.

If something is terrible you should decide it is and leave the situation. The crux is that being sensitive is what causes people to be caught in these things in the first place.

There is something about the state it puts people into that they are indecisive. The only way you could really understand is to find a solution to why you are so sensitive and experience the difference. Is that likely to happen for you? Probably not, not unless you really take it upon yourself to start learning alot of things and look for answers yourself. Like studying biology yourself. I don't know if you are able, many aren't. There is nothing I can do to magically make you another person with different experiences.

People such as yourself are in a place where probably a ton of things hurt and that makes life hard. I am sorry that mental health is such a botch at fixing that. It is my fault, it is everyone's fault that things are this way.

I suppose there is something else I can say. The first step is blaming ones self. Only then can a person change their response. The next is having the strength to not vegetate in blaming ones self. That next step may be beyond some here. It is a hard step. If someone vegetates they are likely to agonize over something that should be simple. I think diet can go a long way to help. I recommend making a serious effort to learn about and improve upon what you eat. Living and unprocessed things are very good for people. Fruits, vegies, that sort of thing. It may seem impossible, but if small steps are taken can lead to life changing changes. If you look, you can find what I mean. I recently watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and nearly dead. They could have chosen a better title, but the documentary is inspiring. If you are interested I could pm a link.

I am disabled for mental illness since 1985, I have temporal lobe epilepsy from a head injury, chronic pain in my back from another injury, and many other health problems. I complain at times, because things get overwhelming. That doesn't make me weak, however, it makes me HUMAN.

I await for your reply picking my post apart.

Skorian said:
I have been bullied and I long ago realized that most of the problem was with myself.

That's pathetic. Why cave in on yourself like that? If you don't feel something is right when it pertains to you then you're weak.

Skorian said:
Many so called bullies are actually being playful if you don't take what they say too seriously.

Yes and Hitler didn't hate the Jews for NO REASON he was just playing.

People do things for hateful reasons on small and large scales.

FunkyBuddha said:
Skorian said:
I have been bullied and I long ago realized that most of the problem was with myself.

That's pathetic. Why cave in on yourself like that? If you don't feel something is right when it pertains to you then you're weak.

Actually, I became stronger from this insight.

Skorian said:
Many so called bullies are actually being playful if you don't take what they say too seriously.

Yes and Hitler didn't hate the Jews for NO REASON he was just playing.

People do things for hateful reasons on small and large scales.

Who would call mass murder playing?

So if someone would walk up to you and say "hey dork, what's up?", that is hateful to you? Even though it is lame? Even though if you stuck your tongue out at them they might laugh and be friendly?

Why be so rigid? Half the problem is thinking things are meant to be hateful. So you make that reality and boo hoo, are stuck feeling like that rather then living. Who's fault is that? Like I said way above, words are given power by those who hear what they want to hear.

But of course, half of mental illness, is not really taking responsibility for things. So people mock you and tell you that nothing is your fault. Which renders you powerless in life.

frey12 said:

No one ever said they know everything. Does it require that someone knows everything to know the below?

The only person that can take responsibility for your life, is you. That includes "ALL" problems in your life. Blaming it on others, renders you powerless to change things. The only one anyone can make choices for is themselves. Even a child chooses to follow their parents, so chose for themselves. The fact that people would argue with this....

It is shocking to see people argue against this.

Maybe your joking, but I figured I would grab the know everything nonsense.

Skorian said:
Ok, well when I am wrong I can admit it in seconds...

Apparently not.

Skorian said:
I am just playing here.

Nice to see that you're having fun at other people's expenses. I now understand perfectly well what the problem really is in this mockery of a debate.

Skorian said:
Some people like weird sexuality, it all ends up being a choice. Some people actually do like being called names.

How is this relevant to being in an abusive relationship? If that kind of stuff is something you're into, then it's not an abusive relationship, it is, as you say, a weird sexuality.

For some reason I cannot understand myself, some people struggle to end abusive relationships. My mother was one of those people, and I would get so angry with her because of it. Later on, I've come to realize that even though the guy was a complete ass, SHE somehow managed to see positive sides of him as well, and these were the ones that made her put up with him for as long as she did. Feelings are complicated things. They have no off switch. You can be in control and ignore them, but they're still there, eating away at your mind and heart. Doing the logical thing isn't always as easy as you make it out to be.

And yes, this really is like slapping myself in the head with a board, or banging my head against the wall. Or talking to a rock.

Aaaand to return to the topic (stop derailing the thread, Skorian!): Man, those trolls really are a pain in the ass! They never stop, either.

Trolls really are a pain, they just cause endless amounts of reports having to be made in order to keep them in line. :/

I guess society is like that though. Gotta call the cops every time some weirdo decides to break the law. if that didn't happen, criminal enterprises would be rampant.

Stupid anonymity on the net making people more aggressive and antisocial.

Equinox said:
Skorian said:
Ok, well when I am wrong I can admit it in seconds...

Apparently not.

The way that I am probably wrong is that people are beyond help and so trying is probably one reason mental health fails. Because patients are unfix-able. People have to decide they are not happy with a fantasy world so I, like a fool, hold onto hope for people. Even if those people are potentially dangerous.

Skorian said:
I am just playing here.

Nice to see that you're having fun at other people's expenses. I now understand perfectly well what the problem really is in this mockery of a debate.

I was making a point that you missed. I expected it and got over it.

Skorian said:
Some people like weird sexuality, it all ends up being a choice. Some people actually do like being called names.

How is this relevant to being in an abusive relationship? If that kind of stuff is something you're into, then it's not an abusive relationship, it is, as you say, a weird sexuality.

Because some people that feel abused, were not. The problem is their disability makes their life a hell. It makes it so that people are harmed by what normal people call everyday life. Now sometimes people really are abusive and anyone would have a problem with it, but in those cases someone who is healthy should simply have the strength to leave or find a solution.

For some reason I cannot understand myself, some people struggle to end abusive relationships. My mother was one of those people, and I would get so angry with her because of it.

Is this abusive relationship your opinion or hers? Was she really unhappy? Are we talking about physical violence? Name calling no matter what she did? No matter what. Or is this some illness in yourself talking? An illness you lack perspective on? That you can't really see or face?

Later on, I've come to realize that even though the guy was a complete ass, SHE somehow managed to see positive sides of him as well, and these were the ones that made her put up with him for as long as she did. Feelings are complicated things. They have no off switch. You can be in control and ignore them, but they're still there, eating away at your mind and heart. Doing the logical thing isn't always as easy as you make it out to be.

And yes, this really is like slapping myself in the head with a board, or banging my head against the wall. Or talking to a rock.

Aaaand to return to the topic (stop derailing the thread, Skorian!): Man, those trolls really are a pain in the ass! They never stop, either.

Pure happiness does not exist, except in fiction. You can not face life and live in pure happiness. That is why so many with problems retreat into a fantasy world. And anything that threatens that fantasy is often seen as abuse. Here those who burst that bubble are probably often called a troll, but whatever.

So not accepting abuse is pure fantasy?

Wow. Just wow.

You can't expect anyone to 'simply have the strength'; do you expect every single normal person to have the strength to lift a car or solve a differential calc question? Not everyone is capable of the same feats anod honestly, not all challenges can be resolved by a single person. People are different and some people do need more help than others; some situations are also more overwhelming.

I do think that you have your heart in the right place, Skorian, for what it is worth but the notion that bullying is okay and that the 'world isn't really so bad, its the victim's fault' is beginning to seriously dabble in the same pure fantasy that you're condemning.

These /are/ the times when I feel that you are a troll, in no small part because you make claims that are clearly offensive - even personally offensive to people, and then insist that your pov is correct to the extent of suggesting that anyone who is different is stupid, weak or false. That's not a realistic to people - even if you are correct, perspective is a valuable thing to acknowledge at least on an intellectual level.

TheSolitaryMan said:
When trolling is done intelligently to mock a ridiculous or offensive post, I find it quite amusing actually.

The majority of "trolling" however, is just dickish at best and downright sick at worst.

Just look at that recently convicted guy who sat around at home all day, laughing at families on facebook who had lost their kids to accidents. Just totally moronic and almost inhumanly heartlessness.

Or perhaps only humans are capable of being that cruel :\

While I don't support this behaviour... I hope they didn't convict him just for that... unfamiliar with the story.

SophiaGrace said:
Trolls really are a pain, they just cause endless amounts of reports having to be made in order to keep them in line. :/

I guess society is like that though. Gotta call the cops every time some weirdo decides to break the law. if that didn't happen, criminal enterprises would be rampant.

Stupid anonymity on the net making people more aggressive and antisocial.
Criminal enterprise is rampant. The American mafia is alive and well. They just changed how they do a few things. If people are smart, they buy the cops. Today it is possible to legally offer bribes. You just have to know how. Why do something illegal when there are legal methods that do the same thing? If you don't believe me, learn how it is done.

I personally have no problem telling people to their face that they have issues. You have a problem with freedom of speech? I don't. I can handle criticism. Why can't you?

Watch Bill Maher. Say he was making fun of you on national TV. Could you handle that? Other people do. So if you can't. Does that mean you have a problem? Wouldn't you want to fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back