I'm scared to be like this forever...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

Are you?

I keep hoping for that light at the end of the tunnel...

Sometimes I wonder...
If loneliness is just fate...
If it can't be helped no matter how much effort you put forth...

It's tiring...

I know, I know...
"Don't give up"
"Keep pushing"
"It'll get better" etc...

But with every passing day, I become more and more tired...
I don't want to be in the same place another 10, 20, 30, 40 years...
I'm scared...
I'm so scared...
That all of this...all of my efforts during my "young life" were for nothing...
I don't want to be struggling 10 years from now...
I don't want to be struggling 20 years from now...

Oh god please...

I constantly hope that things will get better...
And they somewhat have...slightly...
Even so...not enough.

I wish I could see myself 10 years from now...
Maybe another 20 years from now...
To see where I'll be...
I'd much rather go out with a bang, than a long painful struggle.

Sometimes I wonder what I will do if I'm still like this at the halfway point in my life. The solutions to these scenarios are not appealing, and I try not to think about them. I don't think you can change who you are, that is expecting a lot. But perhaps you can learn to cope? There's a lot of anti-anxiety meds out there that the drug companies are just aching to sell . . .

make pledges with people. thats what i do when im feeling lame. it helps. like, fictionalize a few years later and be like, if were both single, lets get married and live this kind of life, and theyre like, ya okay.

i figure we're all going to rot in the eternal cold of an ever-expanding universe. might as well enjoy what you can in the meantime.

Stop thinking so much....

One foot in yesterday, one foot in tommorrow and pissing all over today.

All you have is NOW...when you get to tomorrow you're always going to be in the now.
Ten years from now...you'll be awaken in the now.

Lonliness is a chioce. A feeling, a habit, an addiction, a life style.

Stop figthing it....what you resist persist. Accept your loniness and just let go.
It 'll actaully go through you...if you let go.
You gotten comfortiable with it for so long...you'll probably ask yourself...How in the fresia am I going to live if I'm not lonely? lol

Just make a simple chioce to BE happy now.
Be in the moment..Good things will come to you...Or rather you'll be more aware of life and happiness
becuase you're thoughts anrn't dominate be fears and loniness.
You mind can only be dominate by one thing at a time. if you have been doing this for a while...it simply be came a pattern, routine
or habitual for you....that is all. Your mind is simply on auto pilot, then you bascailly react and live in accordance to how you think or belive.

You are not youtr thought...You have thoughts.

First things first...You gatta empty out the cup before you fill it with something new...Just let go or release it.
Then follow through with positive actions...

Or you can live as if you dying....
you know that's why some people ask...what do you want to do if this is the last day of your life??
Will...do that. Live it like that one day at a time , for the rest of your life.
Just for today...chose to be happy. Keep this positive attitude...keep this flame alive...no matter what.
When you get up tomorrow...tell yourself and do the samething...Just for today BE Happy.
If you do this everyday for 10 years, 20 years. Well, in 20 years...you'll BE happy...Make sense?
The process is neatrual...your mind will be on autopilot of having happy thoughts and feelings after it becomes habitual for you to BE happy.
If you can't do it for a full day...Do it for a half a day...then start your day over again anything you want...It's your life. You can start your day over anytime...you're free to do so.

just know that it wont get any better unless you put in the effort. but your probably already know that.

You're 20, most people feel that way when they're 20, it's the most stressful time in your life. You're just out of high school, maybe in college, maybe working, maybe both, you're in a state of independence limbo where you're still dependent on family for some things but are also making decisions for yourself. You're not done growing yet, so don't even bother thinking about life at 30, you'll never guess what it will be like because the you at 30 will be someone completely different. Just set some goals, experiment with what makes you happy, take your time, and don't worry. It'll all work out.

ThisGuy said:
just know that it wont get any better unless you put in the effort. but your probably already know that.

Wow, if that's actually what you look like you've got a golden ticket man, impressive. I did some weight lifting in high school but just to get some tone, women seem to love a guy with a nice chest.

I feel the same way...I dunno why...I dunno whats wrong with me past few days.....I just dunno why

androidhippy said:
Wow, if that's actually what you look like you've got a golden ticket man, impressive. I did some weight lifting in high school but just to get some tone, women seem to love a guy with a nice chest.

it is actually him. he got that buff by eating small unsuspecting children for breakfast! :D

Lonesome Crow said:

Loneliness is not a choice. It is a sort of pain in response to negative stimuli, and exists in order to motivate you to change things so you stop hurting. It works just like physical pain. For example when you get burnt by something, you feel pain to tell you to change what you are doing until you are no longer in pain and being burnt. To say loneliness is a choice is to say that physical pain as a result of an injury is a choice. You seem to be over dramatizing it.

luckyplatypus said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Loneliness is not a choice. It is a sort of pain in response to negative stimuli, and exists in order to motivate you to change things so you stop hurting. It works just like physical pain. For example when you get burnt by something, you feel pain to tell you to change what you are doing until you are no longer in pain and being burnt. To say loneliness is a choice is to say that physical pain as a result of an injury is a choice. You seem to be over dramatizing it.

we have more control over how we perceive (or better yet, what we perceive) as loneliness, than we do physical pain though. to be fair. i see both your points. i think lonesome crow was just saying it never hurts to readjust your outlook to try to find a little peace.

Just_Some_Dude said:
luckyplatypus said:
Lonesome Crow said:

we have more control over how we perceive (or better yet, what we perceive) as loneliness, than we do physical pain though. to be fair. i see both your points. i think lonesome crow was just saying it never hurts to readjust your outlook to try to find a little peace.

To be fair I only skimmed the rest of his post after reading that. I wanted to share that point of view though because it was really interesting to me when I was first presented with it. There is a marvelous book that came out in the past year called Loneliness by Cacioppo and Patrick, which explains what exactly loneliness is and why it is while citing tons of studies, a number of which conducted by the authors in Chicago. It helped me a lot and now I seem to be doing a lot better.

Back to the topic at hand, the idea of monotony or things being like that forever depressed me very much before I started breaking down the mental steps I was taking with help from the aforementioned book. That feeling of not being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel was what drove me to wind up in two separate mental facilities for suicidal thoughts and actions. If you want my advice based on what helped me, start breaking down what you're thinking, figuring out why you're thinking that way, and so on. Providing reason and purpose to your emotions, I guess. It's like a mental version of defusing a bomb, tracing wires back to the source and whatnot.

Anyway, I'll cease my rambling.

I'm in my last year of high school and I am worried that everyone around me will move on while i'm stuck where I live forever. I scared I may spend my whole life without someone to love and love me back, and i'm afraid that i'll just be alone with little to no friends and be the guy that nobody wants to be near or talk to.

luckyplatypus said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
luckyplatypus said:
Lonesome Crow said:

To be fair I only skimmed the rest of his post after reading that. I wanted to share that point of view though because it was really interesting to me when I was first presented with it. There is a marvelous book that came out in the past year called Loneliness by Cacioppo and Patrick, which explains what exactly loneliness is and why it is while citing tons of studies, a number of which conducted by the authors in Chicago. It helped me a lot and now I seem to be doing a lot better.

Back to the topic at hand, the idea of monotony or things being like that forever depressed me very much before I started breaking down the mental steps I was taking with help from the aforementioned book. That feeling of not being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel was what drove me to wind up in two separate mental facilities for suicidal thoughts and actions. If you want my advice based on what helped me, start breaking down what you're thinking, figuring out why you're thinking that way, and so on. Providing reason and purpose to your emotions, I guess. It's like a mental version of defusing a bomb, tracing wires back to the source and whatnot.

Anyway, I'll cease my rambling.

It's still by chioce no matter how to try to colure it...after you get to
the core, after defusing the bomb, removing vails/delusions.
It's a chioce you made.
Unhealhty or not, painful or not...you made that chioce.

You can chose to staying in your pains or do something healthy about
it.

As I stated before...you don't lack motivations.
You're either more motivated to be lonely or more motivated to not be lonely.
Being lonely has it's pay off...It was convient. i din't have to face anything. I didn't have to deal with anyone.
In other words it's just another form of escape....

Knowing that you made that chioce is unlocking your miseries.
You're no longer living in denial...No one to blame, even yourself.

If you have the power to make the chioce to be lonely...you also
have the power to make decision and take actions to not be lonely.

You are free to make different chioces. In other words CHANGE
You can simply make different chioces, alter your actions. Change your life.
It might not be easy to get yourself out of a rut, a hole you dug for yourself, or break your habits and addiction of lonilness.
You simply didn't get lonely overnight.

True...Jenni died. Sherry was a selfish, self centered person.
However ...i still made a chioce to isolate myself and not deal with life on life's terms.
It was my chioce to become lonely...Jenni is dead, she didn't make that chioce for me.
Sherry..don't give a fresia. She didn't make this chioce for me either.....
Life is unfair...but it was my chioce to be lonely.
It's not about blaming myself or anyone else. It's not about judging myself. It's about acknowleging the truth. I made the chioce to be lonely or isolated myself.
The truth will set me free....

It's not convient for me to step out of my comfortzone.
It's not convient for me to reach out to people.
It's not convient for me to have hope again.
It's not convent for me to want to trust again.
It's not convient for me to want to love again.
It's not convient for me to fall in love again.
It's not convient for me to be happy...

True..I'm fucken done with my miseries becuase I've had had enough....it's always fucken refundable though.
So I'm making chioces today not to be my own fucken victim...I'm my own worst enemy.

Latest posts

Back