I'm starving to death. . .

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hugs, Knight!

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time!

Please don't intentionally starve yourself! If you're having trouble with appetite, then like Punisher said, shakes will at least keep you level...

Could it be environmental? I know that my body shuts down and I can't eat (and have no appetite) if it's too hot.. Could it be the same for you?

Your little brother sounds like an ass.. Why not hack his computer and let him know how much of an ass he is? Or graffiti his bedroom or something?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but if your parents are ignoring what's going on, they might think it's not such a big deal.. If you can do this without feeling even worse - as a shock tactic so they understand how bad it is - burst into tears on them next time your brother is picking on you when they are around.. Then they'll *know* that this isn't the usual level of sibling teasing..

Another thing you could do is let your parents know you're underweight and not gaining.. When they ask why, you can tell them that things are so bad you have no appetite and see no reason to fix the situation..

Though I strongly advise not to get to the point where force feeding through a needle is a relevant option.. It is *not fun* and will probably cause more problems than it solves..

Good luck!

Hugs!

hi Knight,

just want to say dont stave yourself.

your body is your temple. (they say)... treat your body well. you cant have mental happiness if you dont at least try to eat and so on.

there are so many things in life worth living for. and so many things beyond your brother.

you are so intelligent. you can do things on a computer i would give almost anything to be able to do. but i cant. your smart and young and have your entire life ahead of you.

life is hard.

dam hard. it makes us feel more pain than we think we can handle at times. i have felt it as well. I KNOW you think no one has felt as much pain as you have; but i promise you that you are not alone and that others have felt your pain and have not only lived through it but have grown from it.

grown to be better, more caring and understanding and stronger people than they would have been without all the pain. give life some more time. when life is ready for you to die you will... dont rush death. give life the chance to show you what it's worth.

i promise you; life is worth a whole lot.

Well...if you weren't going through a rough time I'd say drink some beer cause beer stimulates appetite...but in your case it's more about you making yourself sick just because of your surrounding situation. Just like some people find eating a comfort and gain weight...you do the opposite.

I went through a similar situation. I'm 5 foot 8 and right after I had my son I went into major depression and instead of my husband helping me...he abused me mentaly just like your brother abuses you. I ended up weight only 108 pounds and I didn't feel like eating at all. I felt sick and depressed and all I wanted to do was stay in bed and just forget the nightmare I was living.

The way I solved the problem? I changed my environment. One day I got in my car with my son and just left my husband for 6 months. Over those 6 months I've regained my confidence, I started to do things for myself that made me happy, and my appetite came back.

The problem with you is that your brother is poisonous to you. It's like that...there are people that make us feel good and there are people that, how you say it...poison us. And unless things don't change or you don't remove yourself from that situation...your health will suffer.

Is there anyway you can move? I don't know how old you are but maybe a friend you can go live with for a while...or an aunt or uncle?

Latest posts

Back