I'm thinking of getting a cell phone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a really cheap Android phone, or a flip phone that does basic text and call for discounted rates. You don't really need an expensive phone, unless you are doing a bunch of computer related tasks all day.

I love my iPhone, though. And you can usually get a new iPhone for cheap by signing a 2 year contract with Verizon or AT&T. Really good Androids can also be received cheaply if you sign a contract.

I got me a 9.99 us dollar flip type LG 440 g black and was wondering if anybody had one to ask a question with or two?

I used to be a heavy cell phone user due to my job & the position I had at the time in that job... My phone bill used to be little over $120/month... Now I only use my phone for voice calls & text messages, I bought a pre-paid phone... Service provider I use is called "Simple Mobile"... I get unlimited voice calls & unlimited text messages for $25/month... Well, $27.93 including taxes & fees... They use T-Mobile towers for their system so if you know tmobile works around where you use the phone, it might be a better choice for ya...

I am so sorry but i seem to be having a very difficult time getting photos off of my cell phone and into my computer. I bought the adapter from usb to mini usb and when i plug my cell phone into my computer my cell phone makes a beep but i do not see anything happen on my computer screen. What am i doing wrong? The adapter is the correct one. Could it be that the port is only used for charging the cell phone?

and thank you all for your help. :)

John, check "my computer"...if you are using Windows...and see if there is an icon showing the phone listed as a drive. Try all of your usb ports to make sure the one you are using isn't defective.

You may need to download/install a driver to recognize the phone. I had to do that with my android phone. If all else fails, just google your cell phone model and how to make the computer recognize the phone...I have a feeling that will be the best bet.

beautiful loser said:
John, check "my computer"...if you are using Windows...and see if there is an icon showing the phone listed as a drive. Try all of your usb ports to make sure the one you are using isn't defective.

You may need to download/install a driver to recognize the phone. I had to do that with my android phone. If all else fails, just google your cell phone model and how to make the computer recognize the phone...I have a feeling that will be the best bet.

Yes, this. Johnny, I forgot to mention that your computer may be picking up the external connection and just simply not pushing the notification anywhere. It's unusual that anything connected does this, but it does happen. Check where your hard drives are listed (on Windows 7, it's simply in Computers, where you'll see your main drive and any other connected hard drives). Anything picked up connected via USB is usually there.

VanillaCreme said:
beautiful loser said:

Yes, this. Johnny, I forgot to mention that your computer may be picking up the external connection and just simply not pushing the notification anywhere. It's unusual that anything connected does this, but it does happen. Check where your hard drives are listed (on Windows 7, it's simply in Computers, where you'll see your main drive and any other connected hard drives). Anything picked up connected via USB is usually there.
I did look into my computer and it just wasn't recognizing it at all. Is it possible that on a ten dollar phone the port is used to charge it only?

johnny196775 said:
I did look into my computer and it just wasn't recognizing it at all. Is it possible that on a ten dollar phone the port is used to charge it only?

Very possible. The older phones just aren't updated enough. Is there a memory card or a memory card slot anywhere on the phone?

I was wondering if anybody is familiar with this screen?
oky9n8.jpg

How do i send a photo via bluetooth to my computer? How do the bluetooth dongles work?

I think they just transmit the bluetooth signal to whatever. Not a 100% sure it would work though.

Latest posts

Back