I'm tired...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle

Reaction score
Long story short, I told this guy friend I was interested in them... he doesn't think of me that way... whatever...

Since then, He's been hanging out "platonicly" with my closest friend, which hurts my heart. I know i shouldn't care... she says she not interested...nor him in her... but i dunno... I have known her 30 years... so i do trust her... she's never lied to me.

I dunno, I just feel crappy about it all.

Tonight I am supposed to go out with said closest friend, but she then told me that the two of them went hiking today, and suddenly I don't want to see her.

This is incredibly selfish of me, but I just can't stop these feelings. I feel angry at her, but I really have no reason to be. I need to get over myself and just move on.

The person I should feel angry at is myself, for having these thoughts... I shouldn't feel jealous of my best friend... i just am.

I'm tired of the rejection from one guy after another, its always something different too, so it's like there is NOTHING at all likable about me. If the guys said the same things, I'd know what I need to work on... but its always different.

I turned 33 last week, I have had 2 long term relationships in my life.. one lasting 3 years... one lasting 12 years... I have decided I am done with men, done with dating, done with looking, done with trying... it always ends up the same for me. I am done thinking that someone is ever going to find me beautiful and love me for me....

Anyway, sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.... I am acting very pathetic I know... but thanks for reading (if you did) I just needed to get it off my chest.

Now I must wipe my pathetic tears, and go visit my friend... *sigh*

Danielle said:
Long story short, I told this guy friend I was interested in them... he doesn't think of me that way... whatever...

Since then, He's been hanging out "platonicly" with my closest friend, which hurts my heart. I know i shouldn't care... she says she not interested...nor him in her... but i dunno... I have known her 30 years... so i do trust her... she's never lied to me.

I dunno, I just feel crappy about it all.

Tonight I am supposed to go out with said closest friend, but she then told me that the two of them went hiking today, and suddenly I don't want to see her.

This is incredibly selfish of me, but I just can't stop these feelings. I feel angry at her, but I really have no reason to be. I need to get over myself and just move on.

The person I should feel angry at is myself, for having these thoughts... I shouldn't feel jealous of my best friend... i just am.

I'm tired of the rejection from one guy after another, its always something different too, so it's like there is NOTHING at all likable about me. If the guys said the same things, I'd know what I need to work on... but its always different.

I turned 33 last week, I have had 2 long term relationships in my life.. one lasting 3 years... one lasting 12 years... I have decided I am done with men, done with dating, done with looking, done with trying... it always ends up the same for me. I am done thinking that someone is ever going to find me beautiful and love me for me....

Anyway, sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.... I am acting very pathetic I know... but thanks for reading (if you did) I just needed to get it off my chest.

Now I must wipe my pathetic tears, and go visit my friend... *sigh*

Awww (((((((((Dani))))))))))....:(
I know the feeling all too well. You're a lovely gal...hope you feel better in time.

I know how you feel Dani. I don't even tell guys I like them anymore. I know nothing with come of it. Just don't be any different toward the best friend. If it bothers you, tell her. I'm sure after being your friend for so long, that she's not doing it to hurt you or to be mean.

Dani, it doesn't matter how many relationships, just how they made you feel.
I'm sorry about the guy.... Men aren't worth it. X

1sm096hug4.gif

I'm sorry, Dani. (((((((Dani)))))))

I'm sorry too...Hope you feel better soon and things work out as you seem like a great person.

I am done with dating and relationships as well....and I am only 23 :S

You're a fantastic person, Danielle. You're one of the most supportive friends a person could ever ask for. You're full of laughter, smiles, wit, and wonder, and it's truly an honor and a pleasure to know you.

Never compromise who you are, not for anything or anyone.

((((((((Dani))))))))

It can be very disheartening when a friend gets involved with someone you like, it's only natural to feel a bit jealous especially considering what you have been through.

I hope you figure something out :)

*hugs* you arent pathetic!! i have felt this way a lot too, and i know its hard to stop thinking that way.. but just from your post i can tell that you are a very kind and loving person, and you do deserve someone who loves you.

i hope everything works out for you in the end and you find your knight in shining armor :) good luck!!

Latest posts

Back